Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Arbiter  (Read 1422 times)
CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« on: December 13, 2023, 09:22:04 PM »

I have been looking forward to this one for a long time; so far, very impressed!  I got it with the new Obsidian Light (my notes on the new vs old O.L.: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=48816.0).

It is long at 14 inches, but it is light enough to easily use in one hand.  The upper grip is very comfortable and well balanced (using a Ultra Edge 36 heavy grade blade).  The extra length and lower grip make 2 handed very light and comfortable.  I split my grip (right hand top grip, left on bottom) so my hands are separated like using a Japanese sword.

In addition to the grips being very comfortable, I got an AV switch so there are no raised or "hot spots" on the blade.  This is a major selling point for me; there are plenty of amazing looking hilts from an artistic perspective, but I like to be able to pass it hand to hand etc. without too much concern re: hand placement. 

One downer (because nothing can be too perfect) – the newer Dark Arbiter do NOT unscrew in the middle (it is now 3 pieces, not 4).  It has the MHS pommel and emitter, but you can no longer remove the upper grip.  I was a bit disappointed as I am an MHS nut (making wacky combinations) and because I wanted to see how it felt in one hand with the emitter connected directly to the body. :: sad nerd noises :: I spoke with tech support and they are going to update the webpage/reviews to reflect the change for future buyers. 

Over all, this is my favorite US so far.  Highly recommended!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: