Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Author Topic: The non-martial arts  (Read 92237 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2014, 04:05:11 AM »

Hello all. so cool  I found you on the forum my son and I have been working on our spins and techniques for a wile now with no real master to teach us or lead us to the path of the guardian. so I hope to learn every thing I can from you all. the videos have all ready bean extremely helpful so thank you and may the Force be with you!

Happy to help and glad you found us. We are a bit off the beaten path here. If there is anything that any of us can help you with or anything we can help you find, just ask. Also, if you want to post videos for feedback or just because, feel free.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:52 AM »

So a while ago, I posted a 1.5 spin flip that rolled over the thumb. I briefly showed the other side of it which is a back hand roll for 1.5 rotations, but I did not discuss it much. I just revisited it and isolated the motion. Forgive the rattling as I weighted down the pommel with quarters to compensate for the lighter hilt and to slow down the movement for demonstration purposes. Expect a tutorial on this eventually.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5CkKAxvBw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5CkKAxvBw</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2014, 05:18:34 AM »

I felt inspired today so I set about the continuous double alternating full plum flower spin work I mentioned. Here is what I have so far. I added one more beat and adjusted the timing to get this. If I can polish it up, I will try to explain better how it works.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9p1PHGd08" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj9p1PHGd08</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »

So I think I am at the point that I have the dual plum flower down. I also came across a 3/4 plum flower variation while I was working on it that works in single and dual weapon. After some thought and dissection, I think it is worth a tutorial series on opening the plum flower. In all, I have found about 19 to 21 variations for single weapon and at least that many again for dual wield. When I get a chance, I will put together a teaser/demo and a tutorial to follow. To do it right, I may have to back up and retrace some of the path trod by others.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -69

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »

ok not really had much time to do anything recently with starting a new job, bad weather etc. Thanks for name dropping me a couple of videos back Cephalus for the duel switch overs. ahhhh validation. and the under the leg switch over is so ridiculous.  anyways. i've only been playing around with my new saber a bit, getting use to the weight and length and what blade to use. playing around with colours and taking photos.   When i have more time i'll get on with a few new things i'm working on.. Again i've worked back to some poi moves to see if they're transferrable.  until heres a couple minutes of spins with both my ultra sabers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YJNPDjc_M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> Private video</a>

Chemist the Phantom Menace, the kinda Sith that smoke spliffs.
Witnessing my foes getting wiped from existence
Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2014, 07:51:48 PM »

Not a problem. So another thing I found by accident (when spinning with an actual sword last night because I left my saber at the store) is what I can only describe as a single sided full flower or maybe a circular obi/ani. Thing is it is five beats (two in front and 3 behind) and obi/ani s back over the top of the shoulder. After I found it, I worked up a dual wield version today and the timing is smooth and workable. Video later. I have to say that working on this new tutorial series, I am curious to see what I will find. When I break this stuff down for other people, it helps me understand it on an intellectual level and helps me see where I can flex it to make other things. Can't wait to get started and to see what you come up with next that I may be able to play with while I do it.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »

picked up a couple of hip reels and decorative spins. On the horrizontal plane i've got a few moves which are just using with sideways flowers while turning myself around and combining the over head spin also. or for the single blade you can sort of do a horizontal obi ani, if you lean over so your back is also flat for the whip around. Still want to learn the behind the back catch.... oh and i'm also figuring out how to spin myself around while spinning, but with each blade at different stages of alternating flowers so the hilts are apart as i'm spinning and turning rather than together. difficult to explain really. I'll get working on some new video examples soon.

Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »

in the mean time theres this. some obi ani variations, that alternating plumb that you were working on and a few others.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn-DtYZZFY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> Private video</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:52 AM »

Your last two videos are showing as private.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »

By the way, here is a teaser video of the upcoming tutorial series on exploring the plum flower spin I was talking about. The series will cover more than 40 variations, including single saber and dual wield, forward and reverse grip, simultaneous and alternating timing, parallel and hybrid moves, and forward and reverse directions. Demonstrates short and long saber, spins, and minimal flips. As an added bonus, part of this includes footage of me in a ridiculous hat! Enjoy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSyoIs9mpzY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSyoIs9mpzY</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2014, 12:44:20 AM »

CH3M15T, I still can't see your last two videos. When you get a chance, could you make them public? As for me, my last vid was a bit long. This one is just the newer moves: 5 beat alternating plum, alternating plum, alternating 3/4 plum.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYM0tYA_s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYM0tYA_s</a>

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:44 AM »

my bad. Damn you youtube.
hope you can see them now.
need to learn that 5 beat!!

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2014, 03:09:10 AM »

The first one still shows as private but I can see the second one. That one looks great. I think you hit the timing on the dual plum flower at about 18 seconds in after you start pulling the back saber up sooner. I also noticed that you had worked a hybrid in there. I'm glad someone else picked this up. I have not seen footage of one of these in the dark or with long saber as you have done around 1:50. I have to say, it looks amazing. Your arm movements with the inverse are still very large, but that actually makes it almost an isolation when you do it. The five beat is easier to learn than the dual flower. Just think of your arm in a more circular way. Pull out the obi/ani low, rise with the second beat, pop it over your shoulder with the third, descend with two beats and repeat. In general, think about it as a circle rather than just a front and back; you are going up and down more than you are going forward and back though you are doing both.  Also be careful on the third beat not to hit yourself in the back of the head (I have done this). As another point of interest, I have to practice that simultaneous crossover you are doing. It looks like it eliminates a lot of the blade clash problems.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:32:58 AM by Darth Cephalus » Logged

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »

Yeah that video should Be visaBle. its not very good tho as i was having issues with the new length and weight of my new saBer. I've taken a couple of inches off my Blade and now its fine. Took a video earlier of horizontal spins, oBi ani and a horizontal figure 8 to do in reverse grip with a short Blade. Could Be a useful way for lady jedi to remove under arm hair. I'll post it later on tonight if time permits me. Or i'll wait to film a few more things i've picked up.

That simulaneous cross over looks and also feels right. Both hilts are in reverse grip for it. But i think a similar version can Be done in forward grip.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

Ok. Heres a nice selection for you all.

Horizontal single blade spins.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1xJrtDwYA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1xJrtDwYA</a>

the reverse grip alternating plumb flower
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUVFNDvU1uA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUVFNDvU1uA</a>

and the horizontal / sideways flowers spin.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9-V2_fAjw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> Private video</a>

hope you find these helpful and/or interesting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:35:33 PM by DARTH CH3M15T » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: