Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Kenobi Series Thoughts  (Read 11927 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2024, 01:12:08 AM »

Meh...I'm currently watching Batman the Animated Series.

One of the best shows ever.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2024, 03:25:57 PM »

I've talked about it in other places, but I don't remember where (or all my thoughts), but I'll see what I can remember.
The biggest things that stand out to me are Reva's survival several times, and the teleportation. The first series started off strong with Obi-Wan attempting to deal with the fact that he'd killed his best friend, and that the Republic had been destroyed, because he'd trained Anakin. I wish they would've explored that a bit harder, but it was fine. At least it was there.
Ugh! Don't get me started on Reva. NTM I am really hating the names of DSW. They are too simple and most times contrived. It really shows how little Disney cares about telling quality stories to the older generations that will continue to carry interest in the franchise.

I don't remember any teleportation. (Time to watch again.)

I think we will get more of those aspects of regret in the second season. I'm also curious as to how close chronologically Kenobi and Rebels is. I sense an appropriate overlap is drawing soon that will show our favorite hell-bent darksider.

It's the small details that really get me. Like the kidnappers chasing Leia, the lack of consistency with character designs (Grand Inquisitor), the teleportation (as I already mentioned), the fact that somehow Leia could hide inside Obi-Wan's coat and nobody noticed (even the actress thought that was dumb), and just in general the sets just being extremely confined due to everything being filmed on the Volume. Everything just feels cramped. And I know most of this isn't story things, but it kind of is, because it all affects the storytelling. The ideas being played with, and for the most part the acting, was all really good. They just needed to not confine themselves quite so much, and instead play a little.
Oh no! There's a "formula" for success, and Disney will never deviate. The current corporation is soulless and greedy, and won't risk an original idea. They're gonna play it safe and make their money off the casual fans that don't know how the levels of AWESOME they are not being given.

I can't even remember who was at the heart of Leia's kidnapping. How bad is that? I remember mopey Obi, and some dumbass Inqs, and Vader being a better Vader finally, and an awesome new droid, and some stupidly flimsy rocks.

EDIT:
Also, the story constantly felt like it was progressing because the plot needed it to. Not because it made sense for the characters, or the story itself. They just needed a way to have 6 episodes, and so they had to force things forwards. Had they been driven by the actions of Obi-Wan, it would've flowed much better.
Also, Obi-Wan's trauma was might near dropped as a plotline. There was a bit of it after the first episode, but not nearly enough to be believable.
I know. I can't wait until the next great purge when DSW is regarded as nothing but a series of poorly scripted cad dreams. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2024, 02:44:20 PM »

Oh no! There's a "formula" for success, and Disney will never deviate. The current corporation is soulless and greedy, and won't risk an original idea. They're gonna play it safe and make their money off the casual fans that don't know how the levels of AWESOME they are not being given.

Their formula is breaking down and they've been bleeding money this year. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 did respectably, but Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, The Haunted Mansion, The Marvels and Wish were all bombs. Very expensive bombs. Disney may need to rethink their formula since they had a year of stinkers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2024, 06:34:19 PM »

Their formula is breaking down and they've been bleeding money this year. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 did respectably, but Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, The Haunted Mansion, The Marvels and Wish were all bombs. Very expensive bombs. Disney may need to rethink their formula since they had a year of stinkers.
They won't. How many times did they have to prove that their L.A. remakes were complete wastes of time and talent retelling stories that we already know but NOW with 10x less magic? Grin Their formula won't change until Hollywood has a complete paradigm shift to define what is successful.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2024, 04:30:47 AM »

They won't. How many times did they have to prove that their L.A. remakes were complete wastes of time and talent retelling stories that we already know but NOW with 10x less magic? Grin Their formula won't change until Hollywood has a complete paradigm shift to define what is successful.

So what we need to do then is is be that paradigm shift. It starts with us. Those willing to do something about it. Start making good stories. Join me, and together we can rule the film industry as 2 random nerds. XD

But seriously, if you have ideas for original IP, let me know. I can't yet do anything big budget, but I do have connections, and you've got to start somewhere.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2024, 08:59:48 PM »

I don't remember if I said it already but I agree with most of what was said. Teleportation and stupid plot holes had me banging my head on the wall so hard there's now a mold of my face on it.
As much as I enjoyed the last fight, it made zero sense for them to meet in this show because of how they act when they meet each other in ANH.
I kinda enjoyed Reva. Although she was dumb AF and REALLY delusional if she ever thought she stood the shadow of a chance against vader.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2024, 01:08:11 PM »

So what we need to do then is is be that paradigm shift. It starts with us. Those willing to do something about it. Start making good stories. Join me, and together we can rule the film industry as 2 random nerds. XD

But seriously, if you have ideas for original IP, let me know. I can't yet do anything big budget, but I do have connections, and you've got to start somewhere.
Oh ho! Brother, I've been working on something for years. AND if I get things my way, it will be the first R-rated SW movie.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2024, 04:07:03 AM »

Oh ho! Brother, I've been working on something for years. AND if I get things my way, it will be the first R-rated SW movie.

I'm going to assume that it's R-rated for violence? If so, awesome. If not... I'm not going to like it, but others will.😅

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2024, 06:09:59 PM »

I'm going to assume that it's R-rated for violence? If so, awesome. If not... I'm not going to like it, but others will.
I want the Sith to get their 'mean' on. A small taste: there's a scene where a Sith dives deeper into the understanding of the Force and unleashes lightning (against another Sith) that effectively barbeques them....quickly. None of this "tickle-tickle" crap that Sidious plays with.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2024, 05:19:36 AM »

I want the Sith to get their 'mean' on. A small taste: there's a scene where a Sith dives deeper into the understanding of the Force and unleashes lightning (against another Sith) that effectively barbeques them....quickly. None of this "tickle-tickle" crap that Sidious plays with.

That works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2024, 03:07:48 PM »

That works.
No more pansyfooting with sabers either. You get hit with a saber, you most likely die, or lose body parts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2024, 05:46:17 AM »

No more pansyfooting with sabers either. You get hit with a saber, you most likely die, or lose body parts.

Good. Certain strikes don't need to kill or seriously maim (like in AOTC), but most should. I recently saw a deleted scene from AOTC where not only does Windu behead Jango, but he also cuts an arm off first. It's just a slightly longer scene than in the official, but it was cool.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2024, 03:09:02 PM »

Good. Certain strikes don't need to kill or seriously maim (like in AOTC), but most should. I recently saw a deleted scene from AOTC where not only does Windu behead Jango, but he also cuts an arm off first. It's just a slightly longer scene than in the official, but it was cool.
I think it's time we curbed this over the SW Thoughts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »

Ok finally rewatched ep1. WOW! Quicknotes:

1.) Eopi CGI.....<SPEW!> So bad
2.) I hate what they did with 5th Bro. Like....seriously? You couldn't find someone that's 7' tall and looks menacing?
3.) Really hated how they magically forgot how to do make up for an Utapauan for the GI.
4.) Didn't like how they made OW a cave dweller. Why doesn't he have his house on the high ground?
5.) Loved seeing Flea as the kidnapper. Though I hated that he had a blaster that he had no qualms about killing a guard with, but couldn't just stun Leia and eliminate that painfully cliche small-kid-on-home-turf-"cleverly"evades-badguys-chase.
6.) I did like how Obi knows how to continually keep his head down, even when confronted by another Jedi.
7.) I really hated the ending of the ep. As cautious he had been (and should have remained) he just has to blatantly flash the audience his saber and at least 30 bystanders that would prolly sell him out to the Inqs in a heartbeat.
8.) Had a bit of love/hate with Leia's confrontation with her cousin. Loved how she absolutely owned him with a verbal bitch-slap. Loved how it was presented as more of a Force...."perception" I guess. Hated how it felt premature for her abilities to already be manifesting. But then, that was more in keeping with the old canon, in that it was established in ROTJ that she had always been able to pick up on feelings. May have been a huge contributng factor behind her sucess as a senator.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2024, 08:18:12 PM »

Moving on:

Ep. 2 pros/cons

1.) Loved the homeless clone. It was a very nice touch to bring notice of a very real problem in this country. (Not sure about other countries.)
2.) I really want the chance to someday ask Mr. McGregor how it felt to have his own daughter try to sell him drugs. For those that don't frequent IMDB, the dust dealer was played by Esther McGregor.
3.) Kumail Nanjiani.                     Nuff said.
4.) I thought Reva's tactic to issue a city-wide bounty was sound in flushing out Kenobi, but the scene where she sees the roof-top firefight was either too close for how much time she spent parkour-ing over the roofs, or vice-versa. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
5.) Still can't stand the abysmal make-up on G.I. and 5th Bro.
6.) Considering her lack of actual discipline, I doubt that Reva has enough mental discipline to enact...I guess you could classify it as a Force "mind probe."
7.) UGH! Inq. sabers.
8.) I actually found it to be implausible that 3rd Sis had what it took to get the drop on the G.I.
9.) I feel it was beyond dumb and exceptionally bad writing that Reva knows that Vader is Anakin. Of everyone from the Order that she should have a grudge against, how tf would she work with Vader (the man that ruined her life) to get to a man that.......has done absolutely nothing to her? This might be made more clear as the series progresses, as I could have forgotten that "plot" point.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: