Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496041 times)
XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2175 on: December 27, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want something spinning inside my saber hilt.  I would think that too many impacts with a blade would cause it to have issues.  Also, I can't see the feeling of gyroscopic spinning being something "normal" inside a lightsaber hilt.  I have never read anywhere that things used to spin inside hilts, even with protosabers.  Unless you are thinking that that feeling would be something similar to a feeling of the hum of power running through the hilt, which I think would be a different feeling than something spinning.
The gyroscopic force of a lightsaber is exactly why non-force users can't use lightsabers. :/

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2176 on: December 27, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »

The gyroscopic force of a lightsaber is exactly why non-force users can't use lightsabers. :/

Uh, that's only half of it.  It relates also to the fact that the blade has zero weight to it.  Makes it very difficult to gauge a swing at your opponent or swing your saber into position to block an attack.  Quite easy to over swing without a lot of practice and the Force to guide your saber's position.  Try swinging one of your hilts without the blade in it and see what it's like when you're handling it.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2177 on: December 27, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »

Uh, that's only half of it.  It relates also to the fact that the blade has zero weight to it.  Makes it very difficult to gauge a swing at your opponent or swing your saber into position to block an attack.  Quite easy to over swing without a lot of practice and the Force to guide your saber's position.  Try swinging one of your hilts without the blade in it and see what it's like when you're handling it.
Honestly, I got my first blades on Christmas, and they are so much lighter then I thought. I understand that it would be hard to maneuver without the blade, but that you can get used to. The force of the gyroscope is too powerful for someone not using the force to wield it. It would just spin out of their hand

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2178 on: December 27, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »

I have seen that it says there is a gyroscope that causes it to require great strength, but it is not unwieldable to those without the Force.  It is simply unwieldy to do so in combat.  Perhaps the earlier protosabers were that bad, but I think as lightsaber design progressed, it became more manageable.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #2179 on: December 27, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »

I have seen that it says there is a gyroscope that causes it to require great strength, but it is not unwieldable to those without the Force.  It is simply unwieldy to do so in combat.  Perhaps the earlier protosabers were that bad, but I think as lightsaber design progressed, it became more manageable.

(Sorry to butt in)

This pretty much.

Lightsaber forms such as Makashi require either a very strong wrist, and/or excellent, practiced saber control.

Other forms like Shien put much more emphasis on physical strength.

Sabers I own: Shock LE/Sentinel yellow
                      Monarch (nickle)/Bane's Heart/Blazing Red
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst (Raffle prize)
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst   < ^ = Staff
                      Catalyst (Emerald)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2180 on: December 27, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »

Anyway.....   back to talking what we want from US.  The mechanics of sabers and their use is a topic for another thread.    Smiley

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2181 on: December 27, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »

Anyway.....   back to talking what we want from US.  The mechanics of sabers and their use is a topic for another thread.    Smiley

Can you point me to the thread; a lot of people are mislead by the terms "weightless blade", and "gyroscopic forces" and I'd like to disspell the fallacies assumed of such terms in relation to the mechanics of a lightsaber in cannon.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2182 on: December 27, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »

Sadly I can't point you in that direction as I haven't seen the thread.  However given how much people do talk about that sort of thing, there must be a thread for it somewhere.  Perhaps someone else who has been here longer or has seen it can point you in the right direction?

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #2183 on: December 27, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »

Since ultrasabers did a thunder cats saber I would love to see blade the daywalker sword saber and the master sword saber. This would just be awesome.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #2184 on: December 28, 2013, 05:46:27 AM »

Extra long blades in case something happens to mine...

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2185 on: December 29, 2013, 08:27:37 AM »

A nickel plated Archon V2.1.  I know I've read this suggestion a few times over, but thought I would toss it out there again.  Given that the other Ultrasabers star wars style replica hilts(Graflex, Guardian, Consular) are offered in nickel plating, I thought it would be fitting for the Archon as well(it's my fav hilt too).  Besides, what don't we like in nickel plating? Cheesy 

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Sohn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #2186 on: December 29, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »

Curved hilts, similar to Darth Tyranus(Count Dooku) would be awesome for a with like me! :-)

Give dark side points please! I'll teach you how to force choke and do flips like Darth Maul.

The status on light sabers I own is:

•Aeon V2 LE in Blazing Red

•Raven in Guardian Blue

•I'm about to get a Prophecy V3 in Arctic Blue

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2187 on: December 29, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »

I still think newer lower end sabers would be fun increase the ability of those with less money to purchase a cool saber, nothing against what's offered now just something new. I was a little disappointed when the omen came out I was hoping for a new hilt but not one like that... Nothing against the omen just not my cup of tea haha

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2188 on: December 29, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »

I'd like to see all parts available for individual purchase. Monarch pommels, Counsellor shrouds, Reaper emitters and pommels, etc.

Light side points please

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2189 on: December 30, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »

So I have decided from my wish list, when the next raffle comes I will purchase a Consular with sound and 2 channel Emerald driver R-B. I'm gonna take the shroud off and replace the pommel with my Raven plain pommel. The shroud might go on my Dark Standard issue, though I might need a small extension if it doesn't sit high enough.

I really want a Consular, not because its based off Qui-Gon's saber but because it has potential as an awesome Sith saber! I want the red-blue driver so I can have all the awesome purples and the red and blue without spending on MLS units. I was thinking Red main, BH pulse, and a sort of blueberry-blue FoC.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print