Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2143083 times)
Greenfire32
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4035 on: October 01, 2015, 01:57:50 AM »

Well looks the two hilts are ordered are out of stock until mid-october this wait is going to absolutely suck.  Sad

*stands at the door and motions her in*

Welcome to the club...we've got jackets.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:03:44 AM by Greenfire32 » Logged

Light-side points, please! | Bellicose-Consular Green=Received! | Overlord-Blazing Red=Received! | Guardian=Spring Raffle Prize, Received!

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #4036 on: October 01, 2015, 02:09:21 AM »

*stands at the door and motions her in*

Welcome to the club...we've got jackets.

Thanks lol I'd like to say I'm happy to be here but....

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4037 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:17 AM »

I have to start figuring out my next order.

I could...

Get another Dark Apprentice V4 LE in EG, and a coupler, to make a staff.

Get either a Dark Apprentice V4 or Dark Sentinel V4 LE in DVA/VA respectively.

Or, since I just had my two LEE filter swatch books come in, I could get a saber in Adegan Silver so I can start playing with the filters.

All that, plus I need to get my son a red saber to go with the Darth Vader costume my Mother in Law got him for Halloween, and I need to decide if I want to stick with an Initiate V2 like he already has, or go with something a little longer and wire in one of the Ultimate FX sound boards I've got sitting around.

Getting a full EG staff would be awesome, BUT personally I'd prob get the same Apprentice hilt in a different colour(the VA you mentioned). And I'd get you son a different hilt just...because! But in the end go with your gut instinct and you'll be fine!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4038 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:41 AM »

Getting a full EG staff would be awesome, BUT personally I'd prob get the same Apprentice hilt in a different colour(the VA you mentioned). And I'd get you son a different hilt just...because! But in the end go with your gut instinct and you'll be fine!

I've realized that if I go for the second EG, I'd also need to pick up an extra blade, since 36" is very long for a staff.  So, while I'll do that eventually, probably not this time.

Kind of leaning towards DVA.

And for my son, probably a Dark Initiate V4.  It's only five bucks more, and ought to have the room for the Hasbro sound board in it.

hekiryuu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4039 on: October 01, 2015, 10:51:47 AM »

Got my notice, Friday is delivery day

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4040 on: October 01, 2015, 12:33:06 PM »

I've realized that if I go for the second EG, I'd also need to pick up an extra blade, since 36" is very long for a staff.  So, while I'll do that eventually, probably not this time.

Kind of leaning towards DVA.

And for my son, probably a Dark Initiate V4.  It's only five bucks more, and ought to have the room for the Hasbro sound board in it.

Yeah, if he's going as Vader, he needs a Chosen One.  Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4041 on: October 01, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

Yeah, if he's going as Vader, he needs a Chosen One.  Tongue

While today and tomorrow are pretty darn good paydays for myself and the wife respectively, bills come first, sadly.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4042 on: October 01, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »

While today and tomorrow are pretty darn good paydays for myself and the wife respectively, bills come first, sadly.

Actually, scratch the CO. Though it isn't the canon replica, a Dark Prophecy has been known as the "poor man's Chosen One". A Proph would also be good for small hands since it's still a V3. Food for thought. FYI James and I love our Prophs.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4043 on: October 01, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

Actually, scratch the CO. Though it isn't the canon replica, a Dark Prophecy has been known as the "poor man's Chosen One". A Proph would also be good for small hands since it's still a V3. Food for thought. FYI James and I love our Prophs.

Like this one?

I could put his little 24" blade into it, I suppose.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4044 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:30 PM »

Exactly so. See Jr's already covered. So get yer saber on.

Sig by For Tyeth

Greenfire32
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4045 on: October 02, 2015, 01:55:20 AM »

Just got my shipping notice!  Cool

Light-side points, please! | Bellicose-Consular Green=Received! | Overlord-Blazing Red=Received! | Guardian=Spring Raffle Prize, Received!

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #4046 on: October 02, 2015, 02:10:43 AM »

Congrats Greenfire!!!  Grin

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4047 on: October 02, 2015, 05:20:38 AM »

Argh.  I thought I had figured out what I wanted to order next, then I though "F it, go big!", and now I'm agonizing over whether to get an Emerald Flamberge with silver crossguards (coupled with the LEE filters, so I could tailor it a bit better) or an Emerald Dark Menace, to get the first half of the high-end staff I want to put together.

I still have a lot of questions about how the Flamberge with Emerald driver would work, so I'll probably email some questions tomorrow.  And I'm REALLY leery of power consumption with that setup.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4048 on: October 02, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »

Argh.  I thought I had figured out what I wanted to order next, then I though "F it, go big!", and now I'm agonizing over whether to get an Emerald Flamberge with silver crossguards (coupled with the LEE filters, so I could tailor it a bit better) or an Emerald Dark Menace, to get the first half of the high-end staff I want to put together.

I still have a lot of questions about how the Flamberge with Emerald driver would work, so I'll probably email some questions tomorrow.  And I'm REALLY leery of power consumption with that setup.

Getting AS side LED's is actually quite genius if you're thinking emerald Flamberge, I've never heard that suggested before. I also recommend reading through the "Flamberge release" thread in the Announcements page on the forum. Many people who thought of, or did purchase a Flamberge have asked and answered a lot of questions and you'd probably find much information there.

Here's the link to that topic:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22717.0

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Greenfire32
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4049 on: October 02, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »

Congrats Greenfire!!!  Grin
Many thanks! The wait has been ABSOLUTELY horrendous. Nearly a month!

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: