Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1495570 times)
haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #2115 on: December 18, 2013, 04:46:23 AM »

More room to save multiple sound fonts, and different blade colors (using emerald) for each sound font and to switch between them at the push of a button.

And more high quality sound fonts and movie clip fonts

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2116 on: December 18, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »

I've got a bunch of ideas - probably from being a newbie and trying to get up to speed with everything (or as much as I can).

Here are just a few...

1. Can we add a stickied suggestion box for *non-sabre* suggestions. Most of what is in this thread is discussions of sabre ideas (and let's face it, that's what we want!) but it does make finding and commenting on other suggestions difficult.

2. Is there a list of UltraSabers released by date? I'd actually like to see a database I could download (maybe in Excel for ease of access) that listed the release date and various stats, inclusions, options available for each. Eg, obsidian, emerald, MHS locations - I know there is already a MHS list & maybe it could form the backbone of the database? the way I see it working would be for members to download a copy of the database and add their own columns for comments, # owned, current setup(s), purchase priority (if they plan to buy), URL's to reviews, or whatever. If you didn't mind how large the file could get, maybe have links to graphics as well? With Excel's autofilters, it would be easy to find sabers that match certain criteria.

3. I'd like to see an 'ultimate guide to everything' post for newbies. Something that smacks visitors right in the face like the 'read the rules before posting anything' post. The way I'd see it working is more like a FAQ with links to the threads and forums for answers to whatever the question is. Topic ideas (just for example..)

A) FORUM QUESTIONS
1. New to the forum and/or UltraSabers? Click here.
2. Before you post your first message, Click here for the rules.
3. Having trouble finding what you are looking for? Read this FAQ post first, then click here for help with searching.
4. What are the points, ranks, colours (etc).

B) SABER QUESTIONS
1. Thinking about buying your first saber? Click here for info about why you should order from UltraSabers
2. Click here for information about the various options you have when ordering a saber.
3. Want to upgrade your existing saber, click here
4. Looking to customise your saber with different parts, click here

C) SABER TRAINING
1. For videos on the various saber combat styles, click here
2. For forums discussions, click here
3. etc

D) YOU GET THE IDEA I'M SURE...
Obviously the idea is to add links to everything related to the forum and ultra sabers site, and edit as needed. I'd recommend opening a FAQ suggestion box thread for ideas of what to include from members, but keep the FAQ itself locked for editing only by forum management (mods/admins)

4. Is there a way of sorting the memberlist search results with SMF? I did a search for 'darth' and there are currently 18 pages of members, but not in alpha order. I figure people thinking of joining might want a chance to see what names are already taken. Smiley

Okay, I think that's enough for one post.  Grin

Light side points please

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #2117 on: December 18, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »

Suggestion 5: Introduce an affiliate type referral scheme. Every *new* customer that purchases a saber grants the referrer some reward points that the referrer can use to get a discount towards their next saber.

Maybe have the points be a percentage of the first sale amount? Not 1:1 (like the buyer gets), but maybe something like 5:1? Enough to make promoting US to others worth the effort of actively seeking sales so they can build their own collections easier.

Not sure how much work would be involved, and I suspect it would create a bunch of extra work managing endless 'I sent x here and they bought y but I didn't get my points' emails, but maybe there would be a bunch of extra sales to make it worthwhile? And every new customer is a potential repeat customer (and a potential commission salesperson).

Just putting the idea out there...

Light side points please

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2118 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »

Suggestion 5: Introduce an affiliate type referral scheme. Every *new* customer that purchases a saber grants the referrer some reward points that the referrer can use to get a discount towards their next saber.

Maybe have the points be a percentage of the first sale amount? Not 1:1 (like the buyer gets), but maybe something like 5:1? Enough to make promoting US to others worth the effort of actively seeking sales so they can build their own collections easier.

Not sure how much work would be involved, and I suspect it would create a bunch of extra work managing endless 'I sent x here and they bought y but I didn't get my points' emails, but maybe there would be a bunch of extra sales to make it worthwhile? And every new customer is a potential repeat customer (and a potential commission salesperson).

Just putting the idea out there...

that's a good idea, and make it that they refer to the forum username, so if bob was referred by Luna, he would buy the thing, and it would have a box that says "referrers username (optional)", bob puts Lunas username into the referrers user box. bob gets a fancy lightsaber, and luna gets such-a-number amount of points to use to get a new lightsaber. Everyone's happy!

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2119 on: December 18, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »

There is a rewards system (not a referral one though) but this is separate from SaberForum ID; go to US and sign up for an account at the top right, just like in the Forum, and you will receive rewards for purchases.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #2120 on: December 18, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

Yep, I know, and have received my first rewards points now that my Scorpion has been shipped. I also remember reading a post advising that 300 points were available (per customer id) for posting a video review on youtube (IIRC).

This kinda just builds on the idea, and is aimed at providing a reward for effort.

Light side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2121 on: December 18, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »

Here is the problem with a referral system, how do you verify the referral.  I could use an anonymous server Overseas that changes IP addresses every 10 seconds, create 100 different email addresses, say that bluespike74 referred me to your site, and get a ton of free things.  Referral systems are flawed and in the end, they rarely benefit the business.   

Rewards programs are based upon what you spend and encourage repeat business from current customers. 

The video program is a way to get ads out on YouTube and you are rewarded for your effort and work. 

A non-saber sticky is probably not going to happen because these guys are in the saber business. 

There is a history of Ultrasabers thread for older models and SkyDragon created an excel thread that shows what all is available. 

The ultimate guide has been talked about but I have not heard of a forum member volunteering to do this.  The guys running US are probably not going to risk slowing down their turn around time to do it and since it is not a paid opportunity, I will not be volunteering to do it. 

I like how you organized your list Brian64.  Some of those things I have tried to cover on my YouTube Channel.  Sometimes it is easier to refer people to specific members than to try to spell everything out on the forums. 

Great ideas and loving your enthusiasm.  If I have not offered you a formal welcome, then I am doing it now.  I am also shooting you a point for keeping things going.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2122 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »

The ultimate guide has been talked about but I have not heard of a forum member volunteering to do this.  The guys running US are probably not going to risk slowing down their turn around time to do it and since it is not a paid opportunity, I will not be volunteering to do it.  
ill volunteer! I'm a lifeless robot, so I have plenty of time to do so. it will be a work in process for a long while, since technology is constantly getting better and all.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #2123 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »

ill volunteer! I'm a lifeless robot, so I have plenty of time to do so. it will be a work in process for a long while, since technology is constantly getting better and all.

Contact one of the moderators and tell them what your plans are.  They'll be the ones to help you on your journey.

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #2124 on: December 18, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »

Hi Blue, I certainly didn't take any offence and thanks for the point. I'm not sure I understand what you mean about generating heaps of referrals. My suggestion was only about rewarding sales for new customers placing their first order. No sale, no reward.

I would be happy to work with people interested in putting a guide together. A mix of experienced and newbie members would be ideal for this I think.

Light side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #2125 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »

Hi Blue, I certainly didn't take any offence and thanks for the point. I'm not sure I understand what you mean about generating heaps of referrals. My suggestion was only about rewarding sales for new customers placing their first order. No sale, no reward.

I would be happy to work with people interested in putting a guide together. A mix of experienced and newbie members would be ideal for this I think.

Ok, so you are saying that referrals would be contingent upon a sale being generated.  I can see that.  I was referring to a car referral program where people were offered $10 for every person that requested a brochure from a car dealer's website.  An unsavory individual created over 2000 email accounts via a random IP address server that then allowed him to claim $20,000 off a new car that he really wanted.  He currently sits in federal custody for that little incident along with two other crimes where he convinced CVS drugs and Walgreen's to send prescription pain killers to him in prison. 

I used to work in law enforcement and this one caught my eye.  I have just always been wary of referral programs ever since.

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2126 on: December 18, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »

well, im pretty nooby...

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #2127 on: December 18, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

Me too. About 5 days...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Light side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #2128 on: December 19, 2013, 12:34:27 AM »

We all started at one.  Never forget that.  That is what makes this forum really great is that we try to help each other out.  Back on topic, I want to see more Blue anodized sabers!!1

FadeToGray
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Not actually sith, I just like red. and lightning.

« Reply #2129 on: December 19, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »

Back on topic, I want to see more Blue anodized sabers!!1

like this, but I think it would be nice to have more options for anodizing. take, for example, an Initiate, Dominix or Aeon v3. it'd be cool to have the option to pick main and groove (accent, if you will) anodize colours. It'd also promote a lot more individuality I think.

Sabers:  DSI v3 - BR 
Bellicose -  
Consular - CG 
Guardian - Emerald Driver
DSIv3 with Sound - BR
Raven SS -
Initiate v3.1 - Arctic Blue

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: