Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with Renegade LE with sound  (Read 1054 times)
Pandorica
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 03, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »

I ordered a Renegade LE with sound awhile back and one of the side blades stopped lighting up. I have found that one cord from inside has broken. Is there a easy way to remedy this?

I intend to sell it and need it to be working properly.

http://imgur.com/uYyvmSi

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 07:57:01 PM »

How old is it? If it's under warranty, the easiest way is sending it back to Ultrasabers and let them repair the broken wire. You only pay for shipping. If it's out of warranty, you can do it yourself or also let it do by US, but then you'd have to pay for labour and parts as well, not only shipping.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 02:43:42 PM »

Wow man lol, how the heck did that happen haha?!  It's like the wire just snapped right in the middle lol?  Sorry not laughing at YOU, just crazy peculiar the things that happen eh?!  Never ceases to amaze me the weird little things that can happen- I've seen a bunch myself. 

It's actually a really easy fix Smiley

You got a soldering iron?  Or know anyone with one even?  I bet if you asked around, someone you know prob got one kick'n around you could borrow.  But actually not necessary... U can fix it with nothing more than electrical tape really- only thing is... for purposes of selling it- you'd prob want it soldered- either that or list it as beings taped inside there... someone might not appreciate seeing that after they bought it is all- but all depends on the person.  Like me for instance lol, I wouldn't mind one bit Grin.  When you selling it anyways haha? Wink

Anyways though- all you really need to do is pop a battery out of the pack a little first, just for piece of mind.  Always good idea to make sure no power can be going anywhere no matter what.  Then take a pair of wire strippers, or snips, and strip back a little of the rubber insulation from the bare wire at the two ends of the broken red wire.  you can just twist those two ends together and tape them up- or solder them quick and heat shrink them.  I'm gonna be doing a mini soldering tutorial vid in next day or two and putting it up in customs section if you decide to go that route, lemme know.  It's actually super easy- anyone can do it. 

Here's a link to Lord C's solder free wiring tutorial if u wanna just splice them and then sell it to me for cheaper so I can solder it.  Hope that helps Wink.  Good luck- MTFBWY- keep us posted.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24634.0

Pandorica
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 06:15:31 PM »

Thanks for the replies, got it fixed by a friend and sold it. Guess I'll just have to wait lightsabers that can take a real beating come out.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »

Thanks for the replies, got it fixed by a friend and sold it. Guess I'll just have to wait lightsabers that can take a real beating come out.

That's nice, dear.  Lots of folks here have used their Ultrasabers for heavy duty sparring and found that they can take "a real beating".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: