Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 145486 times)
Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2016, 12:16:06 PM »

One thing that has always confounded me; what exactly is the difference between Sith Sorcery and Dark Side force powers?

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:42 PM »

One thing that has always confounded me; what exactly is the difference between Sith Sorcery and Dark Side force powers?
Sorcery usually deals with power over the mind. It is common to manifest visions of an opponent's worst fears to such a degree that they are crippled by panic. Depending on the severity of the attack, the victim can be simply left in a state of hysteria, and no longer a threat. It's difficult to master, and not everyone is capable of it. Darth Zannah was noted as being particularly gifted with it. So much so that Darth Bane threatened to kill her if she ever attempted to use it on him while serving as his apprentice.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2016, 11:33:22 PM »

Sith Sorcery usually affects objects or imbues talismans which affect a user. Some sorcery uses blood. The Sith species was using sorcery for a long time before Dark Jedi came to make them into what they became. The Dark Jedi were Jedi that had fallen, so they knew more about direct Force use, which is how they defeated them and became Sith rulers. They used Sith Sorcery to be able to hybridize with them.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 12:10:51 AM »

A nice example can be seen in the last season of The Clone Wars, either the last episode or the one before that.  Darth Sidious and Darth Tyrannus use it against Yoda. 

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 06:50:48 PM »

Sith Sorcery usually affects objects or imbues talismans which affect a user. Some sorcery uses blood. The Sith species was using sorcery for a long time before Dark Jedi came to make them into what they became. The Dark Jedi were Jedi that had fallen, so they knew more about direct Force use, which is how they defeated them and became Sith rulers. They used Sith Sorcery to be able to hybridize with them.
I think you mean Lords of the Sith. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:23 AM »

Ahh, thank you. That makes some more sense.

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »

Ahh, thank you. That makes some more sense.
We aim to please.......and take over the universe. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2016, 11:30:01 PM »

We aim to please.......and take over the universe. Grin

Not all of us: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vectivus

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »

Then he was clearly NOT Sith.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »

Is it possible to control the colour of Sith Lightning? Bane had violet, Dooku had blue, The son (TCW) had red, Palpatine used blue in the OT and a mix of blue and purple in the PT.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »

I think the idea is that red is different. Blue and purple are essentially the same. Writers in books describe purple. Special effects of OT were mixed, but blue dominant.

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Lightning

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »

Is it possible to control the colour of Sith Lightning? Bane had violet, Dooku had blue, The son (TCW) had red, Palpatine used blue in the OT and a mix of blue and purple in the PT.
I think it falls under the artist's vision. Real lightning is white but often depicted with a blue aura. Sith Lightning is often pictured or described as being purple in color. I've asked about the Son's red lightning already but was told that its color depicted no significance. Sidious and Bane were also characterized as exceptionally powerful in the Dark Side. Dooku's "blue" lightning may signify a general lack of strength in the technique. In Rule of Two, a wannabe DS user tried to challenge Bane with disastrous results. Having never come across a true Sith, he fancied himself badass because he could generate lightning. It was so laughably weak that it came out as a single tendril of electricity. His final moments were spent being utterly destroyed by Bane's reciprocation.

I have theorized that lightning could go hand in hand with a tweak to the DC crystal canon, in which its color is derived from the emotion drawn on to generate it. According to the book of the Jedi, an LS technique exists that produces green lightning which is conjured from feelings of supreme righteousness/justice.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2017, 08:49:34 PM »

I always thought that the Son had red lightning because he was the Sith 'balancing point', so to speak, and therefore was extremely powerful, causing his lightning to turn red.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »

I always thought that the Son had red lightning because he was the Sith 'balancing point', so to speak, and therefore was extremely powerful, causing his lightning to turn red.

No, he was the embodiment of the Dark Side. I was left with questions after the Mortis arc. Was it all just a mass hallucination, or were they actually transported there? I question this as I would have assumed that since the Son should have been the pinnacle of Dark Side ability that his lightning would have had a far more destructive effect, that nothing could withstand.

Like the Phoenix vs. Prof. X level destruction.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2017, 09:14:21 PM »

No, he was the embodiment of the Dark Side. I was left with questions after the Mortis arc. Was it all just a mass hallucination, or were they actually transported there? I question this as I would have assumed that since the Son should have been the pinnacle of Dark Side ability that his lightning would have had a far more destructive effect, that nothing could withstand.

Like the Phoenix vs. Prof. X level destruction.

Yeah, embodiment is the phrase I was looking for. I think that they were transported to another dimension that time did not pass the same in, sort of like going to Narnia, time is messed up in the real world. but it wasn't a hallucination. I think his lightning is as you say, and it has a far more destructive effect. I like your analogy of Pheonix and Prof. X.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: