Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1495588 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3570 on: September 06, 2015, 06:12:55 AM »

Well I never got the chance to get one so Tongue Or even Christmas themed, green blade and red grooves Tongue A permanent option would be nice though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

Light Side points please!

« Reply #3571 on: September 06, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »

I think US should offer weathering on their hilts, it really helps turn a shiny black darkside hilt into a more realistic metal weapon.

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3572 on: September 06, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »

Weathered hilts you say?
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3573 on: September 08, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »

Attachable/removable crossguards or tsubas.  (pretend they're made of cortosis/phrick alloy)

This idea is the only way I accepted the cross-guard variant. But I have since been given the idea that the "cross-guard" is actually a couple of energy vents, because the saber is improperly built.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #3574 on: September 08, 2015, 05:22:59 PM »

I've got a non-Star Wars suggestion. Myrtenaster from RWBY. http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/File:Myrtenaster_Mechanics.png Myrtenaster would be an excellent choice as an emerald saber and gives a legitimate reason to have the blade permanently attached. The emitter could be constructed like the Menace's, so the cylinder can spin and the rounds can be anodized in red to match the concept art or left blank to be painted in by DIYers. It doesn't necessarily need the hammer and the trigger for ease of manufacturing nor does it need all four pieces of the guard as it has recently been displayed with two outside of combat scenes.   

I might have been thinking about this for a while.

Myrtenaster in use, https://youtu.be/Vt9vl8iAN5Q

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #3575 on: September 09, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »

Weathered hilts you say?
 Wink
XD Yes, they should hire you Drahcir.

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3576 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »

I've been hearing rumors that other saber manufacturers are considering doing blasters.
 I'd love to see Ultrasabers tackle this one. Mostly because I think they can do it better than anyone else.

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #3577 on: September 10, 2015, 01:25:10 AM »

Honestly, I'd say the biggest thing we need is more color related options, nothing's more deterrent than coming to the page and seeing the first sabers with a flat black color, and the ones with multiple colors costing like, three times as much. This isn't criticism, this is my honest opinion, we need some stuff with silver bodies and black details, maybe some bronze or gold. I personally find the idea of silver with black details more appealing than black with silver details. Sorry if this is too critical, I just thought I'd have my say. Use or discard as you will.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3578 on: September 10, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »

I've been hearing rumors that other saber manufacturers are considering doing blasters.
 I'd love to see Ultrasabers tackle this one. Mostly because I think they can do it better than anyone else.

We've kicked the idea of UltraBlasters out a while back. I fear US has decided to stick with what they know best....at least for now.

Honestly, I'd say the biggest thing we need is more color related options, nothing's more deterrent than coming to the page and seeing the first sabers with a flat black color, and the ones with multiple colors costing like, three times as much. This isn't criticism, this is my honest opinion, we need some stuff with silver bodies and black details, maybe some bronze or gold. I personally find the idea of silver with black details more appealing than black with silver details. Sorry if this is too critical, I just thought I'd have my say. Use or discard as you will.

You're fine. This too has been brought up before as well. By me if I remember. US uses anodizing to color their metal, which can get costly. Thusly, the limited colors of just black and gold. There are many sabers that use these colors which makes finishing them less costly, because they can run a greater diversity of parts in a single load. I know they offer a few models in red & blue (aka Crimson & Azure) but I think based on the sales of those is how they determine if it will be profitable to offer other colors. Personally, I would love to see a wide range of metal colors. Copper, Bronze, Pewter, Chrome. I do love me some Nickel plating though.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #3579 on: September 12, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »

We've kicked the idea of UltraBlasters out a while back. I fear US has decided to stick with what they know best....at least for now.

Oh dear... I fear 2 possible outcomes of "UltraBlasters"... and both make me want to *Force Facepalm*
remember both scenarios are strictly fictional and based off of personal observations of human nature
1. its actually shoots something and some $@%& sues ultra (and ruins it for everyone)
2. it looks pretty, feels real, makes cool sound effects and lights up... and either that's it or it gets scrutinized for being too realistic.

but on another note!

I looked through briefly and I didn't see much on this yet (doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned though), I'd love to see US make LS combat worthy armor pieces (seperate)! they could start off slow with head plates/masks then gloves/bracers, then joint gear (elbows, shoulders, knees) then breastplates. complete with built in LEDs and what not. Based off of your pic Darth Logos, I'm almost certain you would agree! Picture SWTOR/KOTOR inspired armor pieces that you can mix and match!

I see something about trooper armor and looked it up. its definitely not what I'm referring to (but the closest I've seen yet) I would prefer something made to resemble Jedi/sith armor pieces (again, not full sets but just the major plated areas, the rest could be cloth for all I care) meant to spar in and to mix and match. however, I know its very unlikely to ever happen.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:43:14 AM by Dorkter Loveless » Logged

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3580 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »

A pewter and chrome plated finish option would actually be kinda sweet. I'd get me a chrome plated Graflex saber then. I think chrome would look more realistic then nickle plated to be honest. Though I don't have a nickle plated finished saber yet. I need me one. Maybe I'll get me a Guardian CE at some point or Consular CE

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3581 on: September 14, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »

Oh dear... I fear 2 possible outcomes of "UltraBlasters"... and both make me want to *Force Facepalm*
remember both scenarios are strictly fictional and based off of personal observations of human nature
1. its actually shoots something and some $@%& sues ultra (and ruins it for everyone)
2. it looks pretty, feels real, makes cool sound effects and lights up... and either that's it or it gets scrutinized for being too realistic.

but on another note!

I looked through briefly and I didn't see much on this yet (doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned though), I'd love to see US make LS combat worthy armor pieces (seperate)! they could start off slow with head plates/masks then gloves/bracers, then joint gear (elbows, shoulders, knees) then breastplates. complete with built in LEDs and what not. Based off of your pic Darth Logos, I'm almost certain you would agree! Picture SWTOR/KOTOR inspired armor pieces that you can mix and match!

I see something about trooper armor and looked it up. its definitely not what I'm referring to (but the closest I've seen yet) I would prefer something made to resemble Jedi/sith armor pieces (again, not full sets but just the major plated areas, the rest could be cloth for all I care) meant to spar in and to mix and match. however, I know its very unlikely to ever happen.

Ultra Armor? If they play their cards right, US could become the one stop Jedi/Sith shop. (rhyme intended) My bracers were actually a mistake. It was before I got a good look at what the Sith Acolyte bracers looked like. I have since modified their backstory to have them be Mandolorian Iron.

In other suggestive thoughts...

I was just thinking about Blade Plugs. You know how you can order a blade cut to any length? Why couldn't we order plugs cut to length, for sabers that have issues using the standard length? And also be able to choose what material to make them from. I had to make a custom plug for my Scorpion. I'm glad I specced UE to help dim the lower vents.

Sig by For Tyeth

Saber Rake
Knight Officer

« Reply #3582 on: September 14, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »

Ultra-blasters, Ultra-armor?  These are some novel thoughts flying around. Personally I'd like to see a blaster that can resemble a laser blaster and fire something more than a dot of light, for a sort of paintball experience. But as of yet my schematics are still a half finished sketch on a piece of lined paper... I'd love some kind of saber-shield like a Kilian Ranger's (see my picture for an example.), or maybe something Gungan style. That'd add a whole new side to combat. I'd also like to see a guard shoto add ons that you can screw onto a coupler, like the Yari extensions. If you put it on an Initiate hilt, the proportions would be just about right!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3583 on: September 14, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »

or maybe something Gungan style.

Op...Op, Op, Op,...Open Gungan style.

Ok that's out of my system. Carry on. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3584 on: September 14, 2015, 07:08:04 PM »

Op...Op, Op, Op,...Open Gungan style.

Ok that's out of my system. Carry on. Tongue

A point has been awarded Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print