Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1299434 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2865 on: June 27, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »

It seems like people are ordering lightsabers according more to the hilts that are presently in stock, rather than the hilt they might like better, to avoid having to wait.

I've even read on here more than once, of someone changing their order to an "in-stock" hilt.

Was it always this way?  If US has to wait until so many orders get placed, before they can place an order themselves, then perhaps we shouldn't publish lists of available hilts anymore.

As far as I know this is recent.  There is a very high demand for Ultrasabers right now.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2866 on: June 27, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »

The fact that there are Star Wars movies again has fueled the fan base.  Several "other" saber manufacturers aren't even accepting orders currently until they can clear their back log.  US is doing everything in their power to replenish their stock, but it's also Convention/CosPlay season as well, so I know a lot of their merchandise has to be able to go on the road with the traveling show room.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2867 on: June 27, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »

The fact that there are Star Wars movies again has fueled the fan base.  Several "other" saber manufacturers aren't even accepting orders currently until they can clear their back log.  US is doing everything in their power to replenish their stock, but it's also Convention/CosPlay season as well, so I know a lot of their merchandise has to be able to go on the road with the traveling show room.

Not to mention US is supplying Disney Theme Parks with Sabers

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2868 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »

It seems like people are ordering lightsabers according more to the hilts that are presently in stock, rather than the hilt they might like better, to avoid having to wait.

I've even read on here more than once, of someone changing their order to an "in-stock" hilt.

Was it always this way?  If US has to wait until so many orders get placed, before they can place an order themselves, then perhaps we shouldn't publish lists of available hilts anymore.

People would get the same information when they went to place an order--that their desired hilt was out of stock--regardless. You might as well ask US to stop showing on their site which hilts are and aren't available...and you can imagine the riots if that weren't displayed on their site.

I am not sure that there's some order threshold US has or anything...no one has told us how their current order process works.  The only thing that is evident is that their current source can't keep up with the order volume.  IMO the only solutions to that are to do something to increase throughput, or to stop taking so many orders.  I'm not sure what the plans are in that regard.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2869 on: June 27, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »

i think i have a potential solution to your problem....maybe wear less clothes? Shocked

You know, less clothing actually makes the heat WORSE in some instances.  It's actually more comfortable to go outside in a gauzy, long-sleeved yoga shirt and loose-fitting pants than it is whilst wearing shorts and a tank top. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2870 on: June 27, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »

You know, less clothing actually makes the heat WORSE in some instances.  It's actually more comfortable to go outside in a gauzy, long-sleeved yoga shirt and loose-fitting pants than it is whilst wearing shorts and a tank top. 
very true. Although the West Indian in me loves the heat. I'd rather be hot and sweaty than cold.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2871 on: June 27, 2016, 04:07:27 PM »

Not to mention sunburn in all sorts of...places.  Shocked

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2872 on: June 27, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »

B-Dubs menu. I went in yesterday for lunch, and it was a damn good thing I wasn't hungry. The only items that came in actual "meal" format, didn't sound appetizing. And what did sound good, you had to order in portions large enough to share. There may have been an easy explanation of how it all worked, but I didn't want an explanation, I wanted food, and I didn't want to end up paying $16 for pub food. Thank the Force I had leftover pizza at home. Angry Angry Angry

This, and man-buns. WTFD? And whatever the F&$( these are

PARACHUTE PANTS DIED WHEN PEOPLE WERE NO LONGER 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2873 on: June 27, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

Not to mention sunburn in all sorts of...places.  Shocked
what's sunburn? fortunately my lovely chocolate skin has never been afflicted with such a thing Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2874 on: June 27, 2016, 04:28:29 PM »

what's sunburn? fortunately my lovely chocolate skin has never been afflicted with such a thing Roll Eyes

I've heard that people of an African decent can still get sun burned, it just takes way more than our pasty asses can handle.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2875 on: June 27, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »

I've heard that people of an African decent can still get sun burned, it just takes way more than our pasty asses can handle.
True. black people can get sunburn. not impossible, just VERY VERY VERY hard. hence it never happening to me. I've been on holiday and played football topless for hours in the sun. my friends has sunburned shoulders but i was fine (although i did go a bit darker).

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2876 on: June 27, 2016, 05:08:31 PM »

I resent your efforts to make the melanistically challenged feel inferior!  Tongue Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2877 on: June 27, 2016, 05:09:31 PM »

I resent your efforts to make the melanistically challenged feel inferior!  Tongue Wink
would I do something like that? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2878 on: June 27, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »

You lucky bastich. I'm so pale that if I went outside in shorts and no shirt, someone would yell "THE BEACONS ARE LIT! GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!"

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2879 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:41 PM »

You lucky bastich. I'm so pale that if I went outside in shorts and no shirt, someone would yell "THE BEACONS ARE LIT! GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!"

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: