Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1298757 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7275 on: August 10, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »

I know what that’s like... perhaps stress?

Breathe deep and remember it’s Friday

Friday is meaningless as an adult really.  That just means I have to catch up on house work

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7276 on: August 10, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »

I know what that’s like... perhaps stress?
Inhale....
Relax...
Exhale....
EXTERMINATE!!!!!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2791

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7277 on: August 10, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7278 on: August 10, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »

Thanks for the malicious smile.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7279 on: August 10, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

You're welcome and anytime, glad I can do so  Cool

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7280 on: August 10, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »

Friday is meaningless as an adult really.  That just means I have to catch up on house work
I work 7 days a week, Friday is less than meaningless to me. But it's something other people look forward to

Inhale....
Relax...
Exhale....
EXTERMINATE!!!!!
That's the spirit

Infinit01, that was excellent. Have a point  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7281 on: August 10, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »

Infinit01, that was excellent. Have a point  Grin

Glad that you like it, LAK!  Have one back.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7282 on: August 10, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »

I work 7 days a week, Friday is less than meaningless to me. But it's something other people look forward to

My current job is the first job I've had since out of high school that actually gets weekends off.  But as stated, it matters not since I have no time to do anything during the week.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7283 on: August 10, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »

My current job is the first job I've had since out of high school that actually gets weekends off.  But as stated, it matters not since I have no time to do anything during the week.

And the things one needs to do is only opened during the week, while you're at work..

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7284 on: August 10, 2018, 09:19:27 PM »

That's the spirit
I would have posted the vid, but firewall's being a dick again.

Sig by For Tyeth

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7285 on: August 11, 2018, 12:21:25 AM »

Crap now all I can see is Darth Dahlek! EXTERMINATE!!

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7286 on: August 11, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »

I have in the past on other things he's done and will take your tip and pull him aside for the current events. Like I said, he's a good guy, really great to work with but right now, not really good to work under.  He's learning so I take most things with a grain of salt but recently, he assigned me a ticket that was overdue so that he won't have it which would ruin my SLAs.  This is after our department meeting and him constantly sending emails about overdue tickets. 

As far as a form of management's concerned, I don't want to be in any leadership position, just want to be a tech.  I was a leader in the military and that was fine for me since we all know what to do, took and executed orders.  In the civilian world, there are so many gray areas and politics involved that I rather not partake in it. 

I am in a similar position - I don't care for a managerial role either, as I have trouble delegating.  But Leadership and Management are not synonymous (despite corporate culture often doing so, mistakenly in my opinion).  Time in role (and in life) can lead one into a leadership position, because others will model themselves on your behaviors.

The overdue ticket is pretty unfair, I will grant, but that's something you can bring up to him privately at first - document your objections to that behavior, so that you have a record, even as you complete it.

One way to phrase this might be "Prior to you taking on a managerial role, you would not have appreciated me giving you a ticket that was already overdue.  If our roles were reversed, would you feel OK if I took the same action to you?" 

Or, cite the other clients for whom you had tickets, indicating that due to this new ticket that is behind, you're also going to be later than you had wanted on the other ticket.

Alternatively, you could cite the meeting you mentioned, and indicate that what he said in the meeting and his action here seem to not match. 

It just may be that he gave you that ticket because he knew that you were the person who could deliver the best, fastest solution.  Having him state that, up front, would help.

IF that won't work, does your company do skip-level discussions (where you can talk with your manager's manager)?  You can bring that situation up and indicate that while you want to help, you feel as though you are being punished for doing so (or some such).

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7287 on: August 16, 2018, 12:03:51 PM »

I am in a similar position - I don't care for a managerial role either, as I have trouble delegating.  But Leadership and Management are not synonymous (despite corporate culture often doing so, mistakenly in my opinion).  Time in role (and in life) can lead one into a leadership position, because others will model themselves on your behaviors.

The overdue ticket is pretty unfair, I will grant, but that's something you can bring up to him privately at first - document your objections to that behavior, so that you have a record, even as you complete it.

One way to phrase this might be "Prior to you taking on a managerial role, you would not have appreciated me giving you a ticket that was already overdue.  If our roles were reversed, would you feel OK if I took the same action to you?" 

Or, cite the other clients for whom you had tickets, indicating that due to this new ticket that is behind, you're also going to be later than you had wanted on the other ticket.

Alternatively, you could cite the meeting you mentioned, and indicate that what he said in the meeting and his action here seem to not match. 

It just may be that he gave you that ticket because he knew that you were the person who could deliver the best, fastest solution.  Having him state that, up front, would help.

IF that won't work, does your company do skip-level discussions (where you can talk with your manager's manager)?  You can bring that situation up and indicate that while you want to help, you feel as though you are being punished for doing so (or some such).

Understood, other than the military, I don't see myself as a leader.  I have some quirks that I don't think is leadership worthy out here and I'm fine with that but just like you said, if it'll help those that can model themselves professionally, then so be it.  I just wouldn't volunteer for it.

As far as the overdue ticket, I took your advice and did pull him aside yesterday when I was visiting my main office.  I told him about how swamped we've been lately since we're down a woman and did point out that he mention to try not to assign overdue tickets to someone or let them know.  He understood where I was coming from and apologized for that stating that he won't do it again. Only time will tell but that's a good step in the right direction so thanks for that.

It's funny that you mentioned that, he did say that I'm his go to guy from the four of us since he knows I'll handle things quickly but he doesn't want me to think that he was picking on me. 

We do have skip-level discussions here at my company but I normally do pull the person aside before doing so and that normally works out.  I think there was maybe one person that I had to go to his manager since nothing I tried to do was going to be a workaround but that was years ago and we've come to a middle point since then.

Thanks ed, have a point.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7288 on: August 16, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »

Understood, other than the military, I don't see myself as a leader.  I have some quirks that I don't think is leadership worthy out here and I'm fine with that but just like you said, if it'll help those that can model themselves professionally, then so be it.  I just wouldn't volunteer for it.

As far as the overdue ticket, I took your advice and did pull him aside yesterday when I was visiting my main office.  I told him about how swamped we've been lately since we're down a woman and did point out that he mention to try not to assign overdue tickets to someone or let them know.  He understood where I was coming from and apologized for that stating that he won't do it again. Only time will tell but that's a good step in the right direction so thanks for that.

It's funny that you mentioned that, he did say that I'm his go to guy from the four of us since he knows I'll handle things quickly but he doesn't want me to think that he was picking on me. 

We do have skip-level discussions here at my company but I normally do pull the person aside before doing so and that normally works out.  I think there was maybe one person that I had to go to his manager since nothing I tried to do was going to be a workaround but that was years ago and we've come to a middle point since then.

Thanks ed, have a point.

Point appreciated, but not necessary - you did the hard work, not me.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7289 on: August 17, 2018, 12:43:44 AM »

Yay muscle spasms and twitches!

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: