Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288793 times)
Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8265 on: July 21, 2020, 02:06:43 PM »

Irregardless Roll Eyes

Yes, grammar and meaning are two different things. Irregardless, TheDutchman made an excellent point about people not saying what they really mean to say.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8266 on: July 21, 2020, 02:16:05 PM »

Yes, grammar and meaning are two different things. Irregardless, TheDutchman made an excellent point about people not saying what they really mean to say.
I know. I'm being facetious. I hate how people use irregardless. It's a double negative. Prefix 'ir-' means "without", and suffix "-less" means the same thing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8267 on: July 21, 2020, 03:08:10 PM »

I know. I'm being facetious. I hate how people use irregardless. It's a double negative. Prefix 'ir-' means "without", and suffix "-less" means the same thing.
z

Not really grammar but I can't stand seeing "For all Intense and Purposes"

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8268 on: July 21, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »

z

"I sense something....a presents I've not felt since...." Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8269 on: July 21, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »

z

"I sense something....a presents I've not felt since...." Tongue
"Rouge Angles of Satin"

And one of my wife's obnoxious cousins can't seem to grasp the difference between "than" and "then," along with "affect" and "effect," and--my favorite--"your" for "you're"  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8270 on: July 21, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »

This is going to sound silly, but since it's the Venting thread, I'm gonna vent about it.

I have 2 hobbies: Collecting lightsabers and collecting/painting/playing models for a tabletop game called Warhammer 40K.
I've only collected sabers this year, but have played 40k for almost 15 years.

Both hobbies have forums associated with them and I have a bit of an obsessive personality, so I frequent them OFTEN.

So here's my vent: the saber forum (this one) doesn't have enough constant content, ie it's really slow and people aren't posting enough new info for there to be new stuff each time I check.
Part of that is that people have strayed away due to negativity, but I also think it's because once you get your sabers, many people just stop posting about them.
So basically I check every hour or so and there just isn't enough new to keep me interested.

The opposite is true for my other hobby. There's is a new edition of the rules and that's spawned dozens upon dozens of new threads that quickly became pages long.
So I can't even keep up. Even other hour I check a thread I'm into, several pages have past and I just don't have the energy to catch up.

It just makes either hobby less than satisfying.

-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8271 on: July 21, 2020, 04:32:48 PM »

"Rouge Angles of Satin"

And one of my wife's obnoxious cousins can't seem to grasp the difference between "than" and "then," along with "affect" and "effect," and--my favorite--"your" for "you're"  Smiley
I have a friend, I love her to death, but she's not well educated. When she want's text 'would've, could've, should've' she uses "would of, could of, should of". It drives me nuts, but I let it slide.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8272 on: July 21, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »

This is going to sound silly, but since it's the Venting thread, I'm gonna vent about it.

I have 2 hobbies: Collecting lightsabers and collecting/painting/playing models for a tabletop game called Warhammer 40K.
I've only collected sabers this year, but have played 40k for almost 15 years.

Both hobbies have forums associated with them and I have a bit of an obsessive personality, so I frequent them OFTEN.

So here's my vent: the saber forum (this one) doesn't have enough constant content, ie it's really slow and people aren't posting enough new info for there to be new stuff each time I check.
Part of that is that people have strayed away due to negativity, but I also think it's because once you get your sabers, many people just stop posting about them.
So basically I check every hour or so and there just isn't enough new to keep me interested.

The opposite is true for my other hobby. There's is a new edition of the rules and that's spawned dozens upon dozens of new threads that quickly became pages long.
So I can't even keep up. Even other hour I check a thread I'm into, several pages have past and I just don't have the energy to catch up.

It just makes either hobby less than satisfying.

-

An understandable complaint - but the real question is which army you play  Wink

Unrelated, I'm in the process of finalizing the loan for my new condo and I cant accurately describe how much I hate this process. They make me feel like a criminal with all the financial shenanigans involved and the process is just so exhausting on an emotional and mental level I cant have the energy to do actual important things. Just hoping I close this week and the final cost for closing is under $7k

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8273 on: July 21, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »

An understandable complaint - but the real question is which army you play  Wink
I play Eldar mainly but I have enough Deathwatch and Chaos to play smaller games. Both my sons play Space Marines: Ultramarines and Salamanders respectively.

But I hear you about that process. My wife and I got really lucky recently buying our house. The process went much smoother than we feared
Good luck on closing!

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8274 on: July 21, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »

RED ONES GO FASTER!!!

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8275 on: July 22, 2020, 02:14:29 AM »

Really not ready to start thinking about back to school just yet.  It was such a struggle to get them to the end of this past school year, and there are too many unknowns heading into this new year. 

Part of it is worrying about the kids, but it's also me realizing all the stuff that needs doing in order to prepare for it, and it's sinking in that I gotta handle it all solo now.  Trying not to get overwhelmed by it.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #8276 on: July 23, 2020, 02:32:45 AM »

Could someone please tell me why my kids only drink 3/4 of a can of soda and leave the remaining 1/4 in the fridge WHERE IT SITS UNTOUCHED FOR OVER A WEEK?

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8277 on: July 23, 2020, 03:11:53 AM »

Could someone please tell me why my kids only drink 3/4 of a can of soda and leave the remaining 1/4 in the fridge WHERE IT SITS UNTOUCHED FOR OVER A WEEK?
That's why  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #8278 on: July 23, 2020, 03:22:36 AM »

That's why  Wink

Yeah, yeah, yeah....LOL....

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8279 on: July 23, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »

At least they aren't guzzling 3 a day....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: