Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 277840 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »

Nice mod.  :-)  I really need to get my pics in here one day... 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »

Is there a README/FAQ for ordering a yellow saber?  Skimming this thread, I can't tell if people are getting custom LED setups (my preference) or are using color discs to tint.  And, more importantly, if getting a yellow colour is still an option, or if US has stopped making them (or is only available via Emerald sabers).

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »

Is there a README/FAQ for ordering a yellow saber?  Skimming this thread, I can't tell if people are getting custom LED setups (my preference) or are using color discs to tint.  And, more importantly, if getting a yellow colour is still an option, or if US has stopped making them (or is only available via Emerald sabers).

It is a forum member only color known as Sentinel Yellow. This thread explains how to order it: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

Yellow Crimson Reaper on the bottom, with Pyrestone Orange Aeon v2 on top.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »

Yellow Crimson Reaper on the bottom, with Pyrestone Orange Aeon v2 on top.

The yellow blade on a red body looks really slick, nice one!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dea107
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »

So, I was all geeked up about ordering a green manticore saber....then I saw that yellow was available as a special order.

The yellow seems awesome. BUT, I have read on some other reviews and posts that the color mix for yellow can get a little funky sometimes (giving you inconsistant hues down the blade length).

Is there any truth to that? If so, is it a common occurance? I just don't want to drop all kinds of money on my first saber just to have it look like a yellow color wheel from a paint store...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »

So, I was all geeked up about ordering a green manticore saber....then I saw that yellow was available as a special order.

The yellow seems awesome. BUT, I have read on some other reviews and posts that the color mix for yellow can get a little funky sometimes (giving you inconsistant hues down the blade length).

Is there any truth to that? If so, is it a common occurance? I just don't want to drop all kinds of money on my first saber just to have it look like a yellow color wheel from a paint store...

I have two Manticores in sentinel yellow, one is a nice yellow while the other has a greenish tint.  If you do order a saber in yellow try asking them to wire the LED more towards the orange or red side.  I haven't noticed an inconsistency down the blade, just in the overall color itself (one being yellow and the other greenish yellow).   

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

I have two Manticores in sentinel yellow, one is a nice yellow while the other has a greenish tint.  If you do order a saber in yellow try asking them to wire the LED more towards the orange or red side.  I haven't noticed an inconsistency down the blade, just in the overall color itself (one being yellow and the other greenish yellow).   

I would agree. It will eliminate the green tint and give you something closer to an Amber color. It would be nice if you could just request an Amber LED.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:39 AM »

What blade do you guys favor for SY? Going to get my bro's girlfriend a SY saber of some type for Christmas this year. Regular Heavy Grade or Ultra Edge Heavy Grade? It'll be her first ever real saber or Ultra Saber even so yeah. Gotta pick a good one out. Probably do an Archon for her

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:24 AM »

What blade do you guys favor for SY? Going to get my bro's girlfriend a SY saber of some type for Christmas this year. Regular Heavy Grade or Ultra Edge Heavy Grade? It'll be her first ever real saber or Ultra Saber even so yeah. Gotta pick a good one out. Probably do an Archon for her

I think regular looks best on colors like SY, FO and BR.  There was a YouTube video comparing regular to UE for SY but I don't remember where.  Maybe someone else has a link to it.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »

Errockk had a similar series as well but not for SY I don't think. Well, he did pics mostly.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »

I finally have a yellow saber, and I must say this colour rocks.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »

It is a forum member only color known as Sentinel Yellow. This thread explains how to order it: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

Thanks muchly!

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »

Can you show a full view of that top shroud? Giving me some ideas. =]

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »

Finally got a couple of decent pictures of my staff.
First one is taken with a flash, and the blade colors are almost exactly as they appear in real life, with just a slight "white" core to them.

The second one is without flash, much more of the white core, but you get a better sense of just how bright the SY staff is.  It lights a room so much more than the GB or VA blades my daughters carry.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: