Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1495401 times)
kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #2025 on: December 01, 2013, 06:41:19 AM »

Both of those sound awesome! I train with tonfa, real wood ones, and I'd love to see a picture if anyone has a pair (or just the one, I don't know how you guys do it).

Would it be possible to make a lightwhip? Like out of a fibre optic rope instead of the tubes for the standard saber blade
only problem I see there is how strong of material would be needed and I'm sure the price is crazy for it and what if replacement needed business stand point to many risks too many what ifs.

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2026 on: December 01, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »

Both of those sound awesome! I train with tonfa, real wood ones, and I'd love to see a picture if anyone has a pair (or just the one, I don't know how you guys do it).

Would it be possible to make a lightwhip? Like out of a fibre optic rope instead of the tubes for the standard saber blade
a light whip.....Hmm.... the problem is, fiber optics are really weak, and that you would need many really long ones, turning it into more of a flog then a whip

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2027 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »

People have made these, from what I've seen they look like they aren't as fragile as some might suggest. You can find them on YouTube, full contact dueling and all. I'm not a fan of the lightwhip myself but they do exist.
I don't know how much it would cost but I don't know if US have enough people interested in them to offer them for sale.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2028 on: December 01, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »

People have made these, from what I've seen they look like they aren't as fragile as some might suggest. You can find them on YouTube, full contact dueling and all. I'm not a fan of the lightwhip myself but they do exist.
I don't know how much it would cost but I don't know if US have enough people interested in them to offer them for sale.

After reviewing those videos you mentioned, I have two points to make:
1 - I can see that everyone in those situations would be dead; the whip goes all over the place and is just as many times hit the wielder as the opponent.
2 - The rope section of the whips are more flexible and lengthy than I had imagined, which probably adds to their ineptitude.

Disappointed: Oh well.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2029 on: December 01, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »

1 - I can see that everyone in those situations would be dead; the whip goes all over the place and is just as many times hit the wielder as the opponent.
2 - The rope section of the whips are more flexible and lengthy than I had imagined, which probably adds to their ineptitude.

I would guess that a whip would be very long and unreliable. sorry about the disappointment.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2030 on: December 01, 2013, 02:59:49 PM »

The wielder being killed by their own whip is the #1 reason why I don't care for them.
I can see the appeal because it's different, everyone has a lightsaber. Even double bladed ones are getting played out. For tactical purposes of additional reach I think a pike-like saber might achieve some of the pros of the whip.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2031 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

Just disappointment with the current crop; don't worry about it. Thank you for showing me what's out there.

The wielder being killed by their own whip is the #1 reason why I don't care for them.
I can see the appeal because it's different, everyone has a lightsaber. Even double bladed ones are getting played out. For tactical purposes of additional reach I think a pike-like saber might achieve some of the pros of the whip.

I have to admit that, being exotic, the lightwhip was on my mind when I saw the thread. But yes, a saberpike is very comfortable with me; I train with many different sized weapons, most of which is a bö (tonfa as well, which is why I expressed interest in it earlier), so the conventional technique of a saber is foreign to me. (I still need a few more yari to make my extended handle long enough to be familiar in-hand)

Another idea:
Hand guards. Different styles of tsuba to mount in the thread between the sections of existing sabers.
And they could have things like claws or horns or just plain hand guard.
Or ones to go between the pommel and the hilt that add flair to the end of the saber.

I could post pictures, given the chance and if people are interested in seeing. (yay or nay, otherwise I won't bother myself)

Also: If US made a saber in the style of this:

I would be like this:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:52:17 PM by Xaeyon » Logged

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2032 on: December 01, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »

lol, absolutely

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2033 on: December 01, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

I think one like this might be easyer to make and still just as cool sorta

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2034 on: December 01, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »

I see what you mean: the picture I gave was very blocky, but it could be adapted to the circular, smooth style of sabers in your example. Probably straighten out the hilt, and remove the knuckle guard, but keep the thumb ignition key, and the emitter looks like a (krayt) dragon skull (which the epiphany of awesome).

Very cool sabers, by the way. They'd make a mean contender for my next saber purchase.

Also, saw a pic of the old tonfa (They are gorgeous!!!): if I had a pair, I wouldn't train with my wooden ones again (except when sparing with the other members in my club)  Tongue

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2035 on: December 01, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

also want to say those other sabers look pretty sweet:
especially Darth Nihl's and the one with the bat emitter
THOSE would make impressive saber models

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #2036 on: December 02, 2013, 11:12:38 AM »

I think one like this might be easyer to make and still just as cool sorta

Second

Lightside points if any are given

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2037 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »

Hand guards would be pretty cool, yeah. I especially like the one Xaeyon posted, it's drastically different than any I've seen before.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #2038 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »

OK, this has probably been suggested TO DEATH, but if Emory or Alex are watching this, how about some Black and Gold anodising? Black and Silver looks amazing, as does Silver and Gold, but I think it would be fabulous if we could have some Black and Gold variants of existing hilts (Overlord, Shock, Prophecy, Dark Arbiter etc) or even, Lordy Lord!!!.....Black, Silver AND Gold. That would give an extra classy look to some already awesome saber designs!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #2039 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »

OK, this has probably been suggested TO DEATH, but if Emory or Alex are watching this, how about some Black and Gold anodising? Black and Silver looks amazing, as does Silver and Gold, but I think it would be fabulous if we could have some Black and Gold variants of existing hilts (Overlord, Shock, Prophecy, Dark Arbiter etc) or even, Lordy Lord!!!.....Black, Silver AND Gold. That would give an extra classy look to some already awesome saber designs!

Yes. A thousand times yes!

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: