Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: Winter Raffle Extravaganza 2020 WINNERS!  (Read 113354 times)
TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »

With all the craziness that has come about in the past week due to the virus I’m sure it’s putting a Delay on some of the orders. I also have to think that there are still parts that are not available which could also be slowing some things down. Patience is the key.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I received my third place raffle prize today. It was a stunt Butcher with li-ion batteries  and a Guardian Blue blade.

Here is my review

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&amp;v=Lq33aGn6qy0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&amp;v=Lq33aGn6qy0</a>

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »

Thanks for the review, looks like a great saber, did you allready take it for a spin?

Maybe someone around here has a few ideas on how to resolve the grip. I think I remember someone doing something with the ribs, screwed off and the replaced them with something. But maybe that just happened in my mind.

Anyway liked the video, laught about the playing kitten. Goodluck with that fellow.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2020, 03:37:03 PM »

As I've said in your review thread, good review and amazing saber!

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2020, 05:05:46 PM »

Thanks for the review, looks like a great saber, did you allready take it for a spin?

Maybe someone around here has a few ideas on how to resolve the grip. I think I remember someone doing something with the ribs, screwed off and the replaced them with something. But maybe that just happened in my mind.

Anyway liked the video, laught about the playing kitten. Goodluck with that fellow.

Many thanks! We got Chewie on Sunday and he’s just a big bundle of love!!

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »

Very nice pull. It looks like you may have got one that was off or maybe was returned. You seem to have some features there like the recharge port that weren’t connected and a vented pommel. It may have been set up with sound and a recharge port, had that funny bit of anodizing you pointed out and then was returned. They just gutted it and removed those features and and that was the random hilt they grabbed for your prize. I’m sure if you’re up to it and decide to keep it you could put in a recharge connection and sound. Nice review though and nice luck.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »

As I've said in your review thread, good review and amazing saber!

Many thanks xXx

perkypatx
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

Life is good!

« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2020, 07:39:41 PM »

Ai ai ai! That’s an amazing saber you got for your 3rd prize! Insane. I’m very curious what I’ll get... don’t think it will be such an high end saber though.
Thank you for the review! Makes the waiting less excruciating!

“I know...”

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2020, 08:45:42 PM »

The way anodizing is done on aluminum hilts is that it is either masked off and the anodizing is done, or, the whole hilt is anodized and the extra bits removed. I'm pretty sure US does it the first way, so my guess is that someone missed masking off that section of the ring. The pommel vents though are standard. They would be there no matter if it has sound or not.

Nice review overall. Quite impressed that you got that as a 3rd prize. Too bad about the batteries though.

Point.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2020, 09:39:43 PM »

Congrats Robyn. It's got a few issues (but it is a great saber).I have the Azure Butcher and I love it. Of course I I like the larger size sa ers. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2020, 02:48:04 AM »

^ That's a gorgeous Butcher! Nice win!

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »

So I just got a response from US about my raffle prize. They said they can build it minus the windows on the emitter but said I’d need to pay for the upgrades I had listed. I’m a bit confused because I thought getting the diamond and emerald prizes we had our choice of saber. I picked a spectre and built it on the site and gave them the build list. But they’re saying that id need to pay about $140 for the recharge port, engraving, covertech wheel, and battery charger. I’m fine if I need to remove some of these options but I’m just confused by that response.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2020, 02:28:35 PM »

So I just got a response from US about my raffle prize. They said they can build it minus the windows on the emitter but said I’d need to pay for the upgrades I had listed. I’m a bit confused because I thought getting the diamond and emerald prizes we had our choice of saber. I picked a spectre and built it on the site and gave them the build list. But they’re saying that id need to pay about $140 for the recharge port, engraving, covertech wheel, and battery charger. I’m fine if I need to remove some of these options but I’m just confused by that response.

All of the prizes, from Diamond down, are "stock" sabers.   Diamond you select what you want, but if you desire options beyond the stock model you need to pay for those options.  The Diamond prize you select the hilt and it is Diamond equipped, but other options like recharge ports, covertech, windows, etc that are not included in the "stock" saber hilt are not covered by the prize itself.

So basically anything you would need to pay for on the site after the "prize" option of the saber being a Diamond-equipped hilt you would need to pay for.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »

Yeah that’s what I figured. I was just surprised I guess. It’s all good. I’m keeping the engraving and might have to pay for v4 sound because I think they ran out of v3. It’s not an option anymore on the site lol. I dropped the extra covertech wheel and the recharge port. I also told them I didn’t need the battery charger since I have a few already but that one was kind of odd that it doesn’t come with it because it’s a prize. I’m not upset by any means. Just was puzzled. I’m just thrilled that they replied and that hopefully I’ll be getting my order sent out soon. I’m honestly more excited for my order than my prize. I mean I’m excited that I won and won an emerald. But I’m more excited for the reaction from my kid when he gets his and my friend when she gets hers. This will be her first saber and she’s a huge Star Wars nut. I’ve had her and my almost three year old waiting since the 2nd of Jan. She doesn’t know what her gift is. My kid does so he’s been asking every day. So it’s going to be a lot of fun when they get them.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »

Yeah that’s what I figured. I was just surprised I guess. It’s all good. I’m keeping the engraving and might have to pay for v4 sound because I think they ran out of v3. It’s not an option anymore on the site lol. I dropped the extra covertech wheel and the recharge port. I also told them I didn’t need the battery charger since I have a few already but that one was kind of odd that it doesn’t come with it because it’s a prize. I’m not upset by any means. Just was puzzled. I’m just thrilled that they replied and that hopefully I’ll be getting my order sent out soon. I’m honestly more excited for my order than my prize. I mean I’m excited that I won and won an emerald. But I’m more excited for the reaction from my kid when he gets his and my friend when she gets hers. This will be her first saber and she’s a huge Star Wars nut. I’ve had her and my almost three year old waiting since the 2nd of Jan. She doesn’t know what her gift is. My kid does so he’s been asking every day. So it’s going to be a lot of fun when they get them.

Yeah.   I have had more fun giving sabers as gifts than keeping them, for the most part.   Though my primary dueler still gives me a thrill and a smile when I light it up.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: