Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Retcon: New Canon Sith Logo Replaces Legends  (Read 4492 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

Whats the mask from?

Its an air soft mask that is insanely popular with Old Republic Era Cosplayers

The old symbol had a long history to it and it was a great bit of visual storytelling that you could see the inspiration in Palpatine's Imperial Symbol.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 06:13:08 PM »

The old symbol had a long history to it and it was a great bit of visual storytelling that you could see the inspiration in Palpatine's Imperial Symbol.

Ahh, i think thats likely coincidence then but you never know. Did a kind of mock-up of what i was thinking of. What do you guys think of this?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 06:31:32 PM »

Yes. The actual design was from a game called Hell Gate.

Ahh, i think thats likely coincidence then but you never know. Did a kind of mock-up of what i was thinking of. What do you guys think of this?

Already looks better.

Do me a favor and nip the bottom 25% off.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 06:36:24 PM »

Looks appropriately Sith-y  Wink

Already looks better.
Agreed^^  It's a genuine improvement  Smiley

Point PS!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 06:37:34 PM »

Yes. The actual design was from a game called Hell Gate.
Already looks better.

Do me a favor and nip the bottom 25% off.

Added a notch for detail, but i think i prefer the arrowhead design myself

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 07:58:22 AM »

But ... WHY??

Why do they do such things? Why Moraban? Why this sigil? Why JJ? .... WHYYYYYY?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »

So they can market SW as their own now. No longer as LucasArts, ILM or anything produced under the old Lucas umbrella.

Lucas made the originals because he wanted them made, his way. Disney is making their break away from all of that.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »

But ... WHY??

Why do they do such things? Why Moraban? Why this sigil? Why JJ? .... WHYYYYYY?

None of this is on JJ. The Story Group is..   Lucas himself changed Korriban to Morriband..because he thought it sounded to close to Courscant. and the symbol, like was said, is so they can market it and not share.  They are making Star Wars their own which I fully get..But this is a 40 year old franchise with multiple generations of fans.  Can't expect to change thing and no one make a stink.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »

Added a notch for detail, but i think i prefer the arrowhead design myself
The notch makes it look too much like a W.

None of this is on JJ. The Story Group is..   Lucas himself changed Korriban to Morriband..because he thought it sounded to close to Courscant. and the symbol, like was said, is so they can market it and not share.  They are making Star Wars their own which I fully get..But this is a 40 year old franchise with multiple generations of fans.  Can't expect to change thing and no one make a stink.

The problem with this mentality is that the reason they wanted it bad enough to pay $4B for it is because of its marketability to older generations. Y'know,....the ones who kept interest in it for the last 40 years. And not just "I remember it." or "I liked it when I was little." But those that truly loved it regardless of age. By recklessly throwing out whatever they want, they are going to end up driving away more and more old fans. This in turn will inadvertently teach kids that this is something to eventually grow out of. Then the franchise will only be able to limp forward dependent on interest from the next generation of idiot kids, that are so easily impressed with all flash and no substance. But if they saw something that adults were still genuinely excited about, then they would in turn emulate that passion when they come into adulthood, and the cycle of prosperity will continue.

I speak from experience. The first year I counseled at youth camp, the guys in my bunk were all atwitter about Star Wars when it was discovered that I'm a huge fan with a ton of sabers. But all they knew was the movies, and sadly in particular the new movies. They all thought Emo Ren was a great bad guy. <facepalm> I started talking about the OEU and they went bug-eyed. Stories from the books that they had no idea about, the sat and listened to intently to. And the best part was they didn't address that there was no direct correlation with the movies.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »

Would you believe it stand for the Wsith?  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »

Would you believe it stand for the "Wsith"?  Grin
Cuz that's the last sound a Jedi hears?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »

The problem with this mentality is that the reason they wanted it bad enough to pay $4B for it is because of its marketability to older generations. Y'know,....the ones who kept interest in it for the last 40 years. And not just "I remember it." or "I liked it when I was little." But those that truly loved it regardless of age. By recklessly throwing out whatever they want, they are going to end up driving away more and more old fans. This in turn will inadvertently teach kids that this is something to eventually grow out of. Then the franchise will only be able to limp forward dependent on interest from the next generation of idiot kids, that are so easily impressed with all flash and no substance. But if they saw something that adults were still genuinely excited about, then they would in turn emulate that passion when they come into adulthood, and the cycle of prosperity will continue.

I speak from experience. The first year I counseled at youth camp, the guys in my bunk were all atwitter about Star Wars when it was discovered that I'm a huge fan with a ton of sabers. But all they knew was the movies, and sadly in particular the new movies. They all thought Emo Ren was a great bad guy. <facepalm> I started talking about the OEU and they went bug-eyed. Stories from the books that they had no idea about, the sat and listened to intently to. And the best part was they didn't address that there was no direct correlation with the movies.

Agreed.  I expected a culling of the EU but not an outright purge.  There is another aspect to pushing away older fans...merchandise.  Star Wars has been the Powerhouse it was all these because of its Merchandising.  There's a reason it was a Joke in Spaceballs.  Many Studies have shown the younger generation isn't as into collecting as the older generation is.  So they are appealing to the younger fans who aren't gonna buy their stuff.  I wonder if its a coincidence that after the backlash of TLJ  Hot Toys has pushed their OT and PT characters more.  Speaking of My Hot Toys Dooku should be here any day.
      My Manager has recently wanted to get into Star Wars...she's seen some of the movies but really didn't pay attention.  So she asked for my help...nerd that I am I would up typing up an 8 page Cliff Notes about Star Wars.  Mostly its cinema history and a quick and dirty explanation of Jedi, Sith, Sabers and the Force.  Also the different ways she could view them.  I didn't add anything about the EU as I didn't want to bombard her but later I did explain about the Eu and how Disney disregarded almost all of it.  Her Response to that?....  "That's F***ed up...."  So even someone with no personal history with the Eu thought it was a bad move.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »

Agreed.  I expected a culling of the EU but not an outright purge.  There is another aspect to pushing away older fans...merchandise.  Star Wars has been the Powerhouse it was all these because of its Merchandising.  There's a reason it was a Joke in Spaceballs.  Many Studies have shown the younger generation isn't as into collecting as the older generation is.  So they are appealing to the younger fans who aren't gonna buy their stuff.  I wonder if its a coincidence that after the backlash of TLJ  Hot Toys has pushed their OT and PT characters more.  Speaking of My Hot Toys Dooku should be here any day.
      My Manager has recently wanted to get into Star Wars...she's seen some of the movies but really didn't pay attention.  So she asked for my help...nerd that I am I would up typing up an 8 page Cliff Notes about Star Wars.  Mostly its cinema history and a quick and dirty explanation of Jedi, Sith, Sabers and the Force.  Also the different ways she could view them.  I didn't add anything about the EU as I didn't want to bombard her but later I did explain about the Eu and how Disney disregarded almost all of it.  Her Response to that?....  "That's F***ed up...."  So even someone with no personal history with the Eu thought it was a bad move.
THANK YOU!

This is also why I was continually disappointed by TCW and even more so by SWR. Kids shows are made for ratings, not to deliver a quality story. There were too many points that defied all logic (ntm not in keeping with pre-established designs). Like....a medical assistant droid that has the ability to act as a small speeder bike? WTF. Or Sabine's little speeder bike being able to keep pace with military class speeder bike? Why does a boarding craft, with the ability to pierce and rip open star destroyer hull plating, needed a crew of droids with torches to cut open an escape pod, instead of simply popping it like a zit? And my personal "favorite": How TF does a Republic escape pod dock with comm array of a Firespray (aka Slave 1)? It's just a lot of shark jumping, but kids don't have the analytical skills to see it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: