Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 46909 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »

Had a duel with my cousin today. He had my new Diamond Dark Mantis with Claws, and I had my new Diamond Crimson Scorpion with Claw. Claws, no problem. Two formidable sabers clashing in battle. The Force was with us today:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKDQs-vx2o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKDQs-vx2o</a>

I love that mantis with the claws on LB!   Cool

Thanks, EB! I adore them. They're so brutal yet elegant. It's great to have both versions, though, too.

Awesome looking sabers, bigBear, shade and LB!  I love the Archon 3.1 every time I see it (need to get one) and that Dark Prophecy is just sick looking.  Grin  And LB, you're sick, brother.  But it's a good kind of sick. (saber fever, I think Cheesy)  You got a saber I want (Archon 3.1) and one of my favorites that I own, the Dominix LE V2.  I already gave you a point for your Mantis review, but points for bigBear and shade for sharing.  Cool

It is saber sickness, and I've got it bad, and if saber sickness is wrong, I don't wanna be right!  Grin Cool

First entry to the raffle (was originally black clawed version but it was out of stock before the site updated) Crimson Scorpion with White illuminated AV switch and V4 sound board. Blade color is Violet Amethyst though in my review video it  will show as pale blue or white because my c615 doesnt do colors for crap Cheesy

Second entry : Archon V2.1 when it went on its flash sale. Consular Green a guarded black switch, quick disconnect LED im eventually going to change to red. It has a v4 soundboard as well and i love it.

Fourth Place prize : Apprentice LE v4 Guardian Blue, AV switch with Windowed Emitter. It came with a Ultra Edge Midgrade blade.  

And a picture of my scorpion and Apprentice together:

Congratulations on your new Scorpion, Archon and... I'm pleased to be able to tell you that it's not an Apprentice LE you have there, that's a SENTINEL LE, dude!  Shocked  Congrats!  Grin The Apprentice LE is the little brother to the Sentinel, where it's shorter with only one choke point, so you scored BIG TIME! The Sentinel is fantastic, and the LE version even better! I have the Dark Sentinel LE myself, and it's like the Dark Horse saber around here. It's one of those you don't truly appreciate until you own one.  Points for the photos and congrats on the new sabers and raffle win!  Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 11:06:55 PM »

Oh nice i only saw the apprentice first when i was making the video and took the pictures lol. Think i was just overexcited so i likely overlooked the double choke point so i need to amend my video now. Thanks for the heads up!
Point for the info!

Also awesome duel with the cousin!
Sadly my kids are a bit young so dueling with them i always lose no matter how many times i hit them Cheesy (its ok though at this point ive lost 20 sets of limbs)

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Aeon LE V2 - Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Consular Green
Crimson Scorpion - Violet Amethyst (coming soon)
Dark Initiate LE V2 - Red (oldest son)
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue (youngest son)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »

Oh nice i only saw the apprentice first when i was making the video and took the pictures lol. Think i was just overexcited so i likely overlooked the double choke point so i need to amend my video now. Thanks for the heads up!
Point for the info!

Also awesome duel with the cousin!
Sadly my kids are a bit young so dueling with them i always lose no matter how many times i hit them Cheesy (its ok though at this point ive lost 20 sets of limbs)
So welcome and thanks, too! Boy, that brings back memories of when my children were little. Being a good Dad, you are! Fortunately, it's a mutant ability all Dad's are born with, to grow back limbs lost in lightsaber battles, like Monty Python, only you get to duel again and again and again  Grin  Get back in there and lose some more limbs!

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »

So welcome and thanks, too! Boy, that brings back memories of when my children were little. Being a good Dad, you are! Fortunately, it's a mutant ability all Dad's are born with, to grow back limbs lost in lightsaber battles, like Monty Python, only you get to duel again and again and again  Grin  Get back in there and lose some more limbs!

Indeed! My next venture is teaching them the flow arts and actual dueling skills. I think my wife is going to steal my crimson scorpion too lol. She doesn't get it till she learns the basics of dueling and how to use a saber. I really like all the sabers i currently have though 3 out of the 6 are Guardian Blue lol! So far only 1 true red darkside my oldest son and a dark/light mix. Im using the scorpion as a sith weapon (if purple counts seeing as the red can seep and bleed into a blue kyber crystal i think?)

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »

Indeed! My next venture is teaching them the flow arts and actual dueling skills. I think my wife is going to steal my crimson scorpion too lol. She doesn't get it till she learns the basics of dueling and how to use a saber. I really like all the sabers i currently have though 3 out of the 6 are Guardian Blue lol! So far only 1 true red darkside my oldest son and a dark/light mix. Im using the scorpion as a sith weapon (if purple counts seeing as the red can seep and bleed into a blue kyber crystal i think?)
Oh I think the Scorpion is definitely in the realm of being a Sith saber, and the Violet Amethyst looks really nice with it. It's more of a Gray Jedi color, but it can swing to the dark side or the light side, so yeah, it's perfect!

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »

Oh I think the Scorpion is definitely in the realm of being a Sith saber, and the Violet Amethyst looks really nice with it. It's more of a Gray Jedi color, but it can swing to the dark side or the light side, so yeah, it's perfect!

I think after doing my Kylo Ren cosplay ill make a Grey Jedi costume as thats what i think i'd personally fall under. Btw hows the Diamond Controller coming along? My next saber will likely have it and just so im clear with the emerald version you can change the blade color on the fly right (or by using the application on pc i mean) instead of being locked to one color or MLS unit?

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2017, 12:29:01 AM »

I think after doing my Kylo Ren cosplay ill make a Grey Jedi costume as thats what i think i'd personally fall under. Btw hows the Diamond Controller coming along? My next saber will likely have it and just so im clear with the emerald version you can change the blade color on the fly right (or by using the application on pc i mean) instead of being locked to one color or MLS unit?
Sounds like a great idea, because you can be as creative with it as you want then. I was looking at Count Dooku and thinking I might like to do something like that with a shorter cape or something with an angled cut. Definitely want to lean more to the Dark Side but not all the way, like a Mace Windu gone a little further towards the realm of a Count Dooku.

The Emerald sabers allow you to change to any color, but only by plugging it into the PC.  The Diamond sabers allow you to do that PLUS once you've programmed blade colors and sounds, you can change on the fly without being plugged into the PC.  The Diamond board is, in a word, though not a big enough word, AWESOME! You get 10 saber fonts comprised of color/sound combined (the last one is silent (muted)), and these come pre-programmed from Ultra Sabers (but you can change them while your saber is connected to your PC through the software) with the main blade color and flash on clash type effects for gestures like stab, swing, block ,etc., so you can cycle through them easily by going into config mode, which is done by pressing and holding the AV switch and doing two right quarter turns of the hilt, like your opening a door. Once in config mode you release the press on the AV switch and do one quarter right turn to go forward through the saber fonts or one quarter left turn to go backwards. Once you reach the one you want, you press and hold the AV switch for a couple seconds to confirm.  Side note on that - because you're now using the AV switch in this manner, to power off the saber requires holding the AV switch about 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds, and I'm guessing it's because the 2 second hold is to confirm saber font selection. I haven't tried programming custom gestures yet, but will eventually.

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2017, 12:53:16 AM »

Oh nice! currently both my Crimson Scorpion and the Archon v2.1 are both just v4 sound without emerald but i think the next if i can will be a curved azure reaper with an orange blade and diamond controller. If US have any left at Dragoncon and i actually have the cash for it ahah! gotta start saving now Tongue

That sounds awesome though. Really having fun with just the sound fonts and have been on the search for more for my Archon. So far ive left it on a really nice Episode IV soundfont with the really meaty saber sounds.

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2017, 01:24:24 AM »

Had a duel with my cousin today. He had my new Diamond Dark Mantis with Claws, and I had my new Diamond Crimson Scorpion with Claw. Claws, no problem. Two formidable sabers clashing in battle. The Force was with us today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKDQs-vx2o

Hey your wife lets you duel in the house. Man!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »

Hey your wife lets you duel in the house. Man!
Yeah, very nice, huh. In fact, she's got her own saber on display in that very room, the Standard Issue I won as the Second Place Prize in the Winter 2017 raffle, so she's cool with it. She was filming us. Cheesy We don't duel that often either, though.

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2017, 02:12:03 AM »

Yeah, very nice, huh. In fact, she's got her own saber on display in that very room, the Standard Issue I won as the Second Place Prize in the Winter 2017 raffle, so she's cool with it. She was filming us. Cheesy We don't duel that often either, though.

I have to make my young ones duel outside. They try dueling inside but the tv is so vulnerable when they do.

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2017, 02:18:33 AM »

Nice sabers everyone.

Haha, the look on your faces of two SW fans in extreme concentration. That was awesome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2017, 02:32:40 AM »

speaking of dueling. last con my crew and I were at...a little unplanned dueling happened. the crowd went nuts. about 5:03 in

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/101897846

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2017, 03:50:34 AM »

First entry to the raffle (was originally black clawed version but it was out of stock before the site updated) Crimson Scorpion with White illuminated AV switch and V4 sound board. Blade color is Violet Amethyst though in my review video it  will show as pale blue or white because my c615 doesnt do colors for crap Cheesy

Second entry : Archon V2.1 when it went on its flash sale. Consular Green a guarded black switch, quick disconnect LED im eventually going to change to red. It has a v4 soundboard as well and i love it.

Fourth Place prize : Apprentice LE v4 Guardian Blue, AV switch with Windowed Emitter. It came with a Ultra Edge Midgrade blade. 

And a picture of my scorpion and Apprentice together:

Nice looking set of sabers and congrats on the win.  A Sentinel is always a great prize, a windowed LE with an AV switch is better.  Grin

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

Entry was an Initiate V4 and Grab Bag, I got 4th Prize, so I won a grab bag.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsPSDTpzHc&amp;ab_channel=FlashingBlades" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsPSDTpzHc&amp;ab_channel=FlashingBlades</a>

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: