Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 145486 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »

Yeah, embodiment is the phrase I was looking for. I think that they were transported to another dimension that time did not pass the same in, sort of like going to Narnia, time is messed up in the real world. but it wasn't a hallucination. I think his lightning is as you say, and it has a far more destructive effect. I like your analogy of Pheonix and Prof. X.
If this were the case, those hit with it would have been killed at the very least. Sidious' and Bane's lightning were reportedly capable of killing. If the Son's was that much more potent, why didn't anyone die? (beyond the fact that it was a kids' show)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »

So from what I have read and been told there are different types of jedi. light, dark, grey etc. and different bad/evil jedi most of which are Sith but as far as I know Sith is only one order of the dark side so could someone please clarify the different types of jedi both good and bad and how they tend to operate, what they do and what there tendencies are if that makes sense?

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:59 PM »

So from what I have read and been told there are different types of jedi. light, dark, grey etc. and different bad/evil jedi most of which are Sith but as far as I know Sith is only one order of the dark side so could someone please clarify the different types of jedi both good and bad and how they tend to operate, what they do and what there tendencies are if that makes sense?

The Sith are the ultimate in DS. It isn't just a state of mind, it's a way of life. The full title is Dark Lord of the Sith which came from the original Dark Jedi that conquered the Sith species (later known as Sith purebloods) on Korriban after being exiled from the Old Republic. As time passed, the Sith Empire fell. The name eventually became synonymous with DS opposition to the Jedi. Even the Brotherhood of Darkness referred to themselves as Sith, but were really not much more than a Dark Jedi Order. With Darth Bane assuming his role as the Sith'ari, and restructuring (Wink) the organization, the duo of master and apprentice reverted to titles like Dark Lords of the Sith or Sith Lords.

Dark Jedi are more self serving than the Sith. They usually have no designs on attaining absolute power or galactic domination, but aren't afraid to bully their way through life by means of the DS, and ultimately seek only to acuire....stuff (for lack of a better word), mainly riches.

Light Jedi are simply the goody-two-shoe Jedi we've all come to despise. Tongue

Grey Jedi come in shades, based on what their personal beliefs are of "going too far." I would classify Mace Windu as a Light Grey: not afraid to pull out some Juyo/Vapaad every now and then, but for the most part sticks to the Jedi Code. Towards the end of TCW, Anakin was beginning to demonstrate darker levels of grey when no one was looking.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »

If this were the case, those hit with it would have been killed at the very least. Sidious' and Bane's lightning were reportedly capable of killing. If the Son's was that much more potent, why didn't anyone die? (beyond the fact that it was a kids' show)

Did he ever actually hit somebody with it other than the Father? Or did they always deflect it?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2017, 11:02:56 PM »

The Sith are the ultimate in DS. It isn't just a state of mind, it's a way of life. The full title is Dark Lord of the Sith which came from the original Dark Jedi that conquered the Sith species (later known as Sith purebloods) on Korriban after being exiled from the Old Republic. As time passed, the Sith Empire fell. The name eventually became synonymous with DS opposition to the Jedi. Even the Brotherhood of Darkness referred to themselves as Sith, but were really not much more than a Dark Jedi Order. With Darth Bane assuming his role as the Sith'ari, and restructuring (Wink) the organization, the duo of master and apprentice reverted to titles like Dark Lords of the Sith or Sith Lords.

Dark Jedi are more self serving than the Sith. They usually have no designs on attaining absolute power or galactic domination, but aren't afraid to bully their way through life by means of the DS, and ultimately seek only to acuire....stuff (for lack of a better word), mainly riches.

Light Jedi are simply the goody-two-shoe Jedi we've all come to despise. Tongue

Grey Jedi come in shades, based on what their personal beliefs are of "going too far." I would classify Mace Windu as a Light Grey: not afraid to pull out some Juyo/Vapaad every now and then, but for the most part sticks to the Jedi Code. Towards the end of TCW, Anakin was beginning to demonstrate darker levels of grey when no one was looking.

thanks very helpful I need to do some reading on some of the stories not covered in the films

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »

All good info about Lightning, but nothing I didn't already know.  Smiley

My question being: if there was a Sith who had mastered Force Lightning, does that individual have any control over the colour? I would think no, you can either produce lightning or not. The colour is not your choice. Is that right?

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2017, 12:23:41 AM »

Every good Force user has personal settings for their lightning. Mine are R:125 G:0 B:255

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning
"Force lightning first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, the final film of the original Star Wars trilogy. In the Expanded Universe, now re-branded as Star Wars Legends, Force lightning had a number of useful variants and could be summoned even by Jedi. These uses, however, are no longer considered canon and in canon media only practitioners of the dark side of the Force have been observed using the skill. "

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning/Legends
At it's core, it is electricity.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment
Emerald Lightning

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2017, 12:25:27 AM »

My question being: if there was a Sith who had mastered Force Lightning, does that individual have any control over the colour? I would think no, you can either produce lightning or not. The colour is not your choice. Is that right?

Well, if the color is based on how powerful you are with lightning, then I would say that you do have control over the color; as long as you are powerful enough to achieve that color lightning. If it's not based on how strong you are, then I would agree with you and say that you do not get to chose, but the Force chooses for you. Probably doesn't help, but that's what I'm here for. Grin

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2017, 06:16:05 AM »

Every good Force user has personal settings for their lightning. Mine are R:125 G:0 B:255

That's exactly what I was wondering. Thanks and +1.

Mine would be red. I would train to the extent that I can do anything from cause physical pain to vaporization on contact. Cool

@TR, makes sense, even though it's wrong. So not unhelpful.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2017, 06:21:35 AM »

@TR, makes sense, even though it's wrong. So not unhelpful.

Like I said, that's what I'm here for.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »

Did he ever actually hit somebody with it other than the Father? Or did they always deflect it?

Will watch again, but I thought at least one of our heroes got nailed with it.

thanks very helpful I need to do some reading on some of the stories not covered in the films
Clear your schedule for the next few years. There is much to read.

That's the thing. I haven't come across anything that denotes and significance to the lightning's color. Most times it just comes across "Holy $#!%, that dude can shoot lightning from his fingertips." is usually enough. Wink

We'll just have to start writing some good DS stories that dive into the subject of lightning color.

Probably doesn't help, but that's what I'm here for. Grin
Not to help?

That's exactly what I was wondering. Thanks and +1.

Mine would be red. I would train to the extent that I can do anything from cause physical pain to vaporization on contact. Cool
But this is just the point. Bane and Sidious were no chumps when it came to the power of the Dark Side. Agreed? Yet their respective lightnings have traditionally been purple. Sith Lightning is traditionally characterized as being a manifestation of one's hatred. I'm of a belief that many of the manifestations of the Force are (should be) related to the emotional state of the wielder. Hatred = Purple Lightning. But who is to say that excitement could not also be drawn on to produce.....yellow lightning. Granted it probably would serve a more utilitarian purpose instead of offensive, but still. I interpreted the Son's lightning to be just raw fury, which may explain the red color.

Sig by For Tyeth

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »

What do you suggest I start with reading wise?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2017, 05:05:11 PM »

What do you suggest I start with reading wise?
For the best understanding of (what should be) the history of the 'modern' Sith, I advocate the Darth Bane Trilogy.

Revan and Deceived offer a good look into Sith society and social structure of TOR. Lost Tribe also kind of paints a good societal image, but they sort of branched off from the norm. (Still a good read.)

Darth Plagueis, Cloak of Deception, and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter do a good job of depicting events leading to Palpatine's ascension to power.

Sig by For Tyeth

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2017, 10:38:37 PM »

For the best understanding of (what should be) the history of the 'modern' Sith, I advocate the Darth Bane Trilogy.

Revan and Deceived offer a good look into Sith society and social structure of TOR. Lost Tribe also kind of paints a good societal image, but they sort of branched off from the norm. (Still a good read.)

Darth Plagueis, Cloak of Deception, and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter do a good job of depicting events leading to Palpatine's ascension to power.

Thanks I'll give them a look

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:42 AM »

That's the thing. I haven't come across anything that denotes and significance to the lightning's color. Most times it just comes across "Holy $#!%, that dude can shoot lightning from his fingertips." is usually enough. Wink

We'll just have to start writing some good DS stories that dive into the subject of lightning 

Very true.

I'd be up for that.

But this is just the point. Bane and Sidious were no chumps when it came to the power of the Dark Side. Agreed? Yet their respective lightnings have traditionally been purple. Sith Lightning is traditionally characterized as being a manifestation of one's hatred. I'm of a belief that many of the manifestations of the Force are (should be) related to the emotional state of the wielder. Hatred = Purple Lightning. But who is to say that excitement could not also be drawn on to produce.....yellow lightning. Granted it probably would serve a more utilitarian purpose instead of offensive, but still. I interpreted the Son's lightning to be just raw fury, which may explain the red color.

Certainly agreed.

I like the emotion theory. If it was me I'd want to be able to choose, but it's not, and never will be.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: