Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496903 times)
Formula Unh
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #735 on: August 24, 2012, 02:56:23 AM »

They can have the av switch without sound but it has to be added with the activation box similar to that of the malice or graflex, and it costs additional. You'd have to shoot and email to [email protected] for details

So it would have that little box thing sticking out?  If so it wouldn't be worth it, the box would kinda ruin the look of the saber I'm looking at (Dominix V3 LE).  Thanks for the help though

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #736 on: August 24, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »

Yeah thats the unfortunate downside.  It's because the AV switch is a momentary switch and not a latching switch so its not as simple of a swap.

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Formula Unh
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »

Yeah thats the unfortunate downside.  It's because the AV switch is a momentary switch and not a latching switch so its not as simple of a swap.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dark Side points for you

thisberichard
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »

I've said before that I'd like another short, roughly initiate-length saber, but one that is MLS-compatible and has an MHS-compatible emitter. Anyway, I pulled together a rough concept picture to give some sense of what I'm talking about.

The picture below shows the same saber -- a little fancier than the initiate, mostly in the ways I mentioned above -- in four, initiate-like versions: from top to bottom, a standard, a dark, a dark LE, and a standard LE.
Personally, I think I'd personally prefer something more along the lines of a companion to the Shock, Archon, and the like -- a higher end, pricier off-hand option -- which would get by just fine without the non-LE dark version and, incidentally, cut out the demand for any extra colors for the emitter or pommel. After all, with full MHS-compatibility, you could always use a different pommel or emitter if you wanted something black. Heck, you could give it a War Glaive emitter -- or even a Malice emitter! -- and have a truly frightful-looking offhand weapon!

Of course, this is just a rough concept picture, and I wouldn't expect the US crew to make a new saber without using some lovely pieces all their own. I'm just looking to give a sense for what I mean and the kinds of directions one could go with such a saber.

Shock LE (MLS, default: Adegan Silver)
Bellicose (MLS, default: Guardian Blue)

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »

I would buy all four of those right now!! Especially the dark LE!! Omg I want those. Can u pm me the parts you used to make em?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #740 on: August 26, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »

V   E   D   hilt lightsaber, for the makashi users. it would just fit perfect in my palm.
         R
     U
C

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #741 on: August 26, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

I thought of this as I was playing with a few filters and a sentinel yellow LED last night. A new forum only color, key lime green. They could base it off the same principal as the preystone orange which is mostly red with a hint of green, the key lime would be mostly green with a hint of red to give it that lighter color.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #742 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

I thought of this as I was playing with a few filters and a sentinel yellow LED last night. A new forum only color, key lime green. They could base it off the same principal as the preystone orange which is mostly red with a hint of green, the key lime would be mostly green with a hint of red to give it that lighter color.

Yeah, lots of people have been wanting a light green color (they keep calling it viridian but viridian is not actually a light green at all....). I think it would be neat as well.

no

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #743 on: August 26, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »

Yeah, lots of people have been wanting a light green color (they keep calling it viridian but viridian is not actually a light green at all....). I think it would be neat as well.

Your right viridian isn't light green; it really isn't even a "green" at all. Its more of a shade of blue using green instead of black to change the shade of the color.

To make it with a lightsaber you are going to need SRD with a green (though not sure what one) filter over it and you will get somewhat close. 

@:Big Andy:

I'm not sure how you got "Key Lime Green" from using a hint of red. When you mix red and green you get an off yellow color. To mix lime green you would need a good yellow base with a green filter. Since making lime green this way is a shade of yellow.

Or you can make it using a green base with a yellow filter, so it would be a tint of green. You can make it either way.

But considering that we are working with light and the light refraction though lenses I think you would get a much brighter color if you used a yellow base with a green filter. 

Or, you could use a lime green gel and use it over the silver.

((I'm not explaining tint and shade and what the different is. Also my lighting knowledge is theater based with a lot bigger lights.))

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #744 on: August 26, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »

PO with a loose red connection (or something along those lines) has, in fact, been known to create a lime green hue.

no

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #745 on: August 26, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »

SY is filterable from Red all the way to Green with proper application of Lee filters. For now, that's how I mess around and make fun colors.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #746 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

I would like to see the Manticore available at the UltraSabers website. A Manticore staff with sound, that's what id like to see!

dark side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #747 on: August 27, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »

Another saber with windowed emitter.  I am always happy to see that.  War Glaives, Overlord, and then the Manticore.  Life is good!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »

I have an idea, have the option to have all 4 switches on an RGB saber be AV and not just the master switch like it is now. Maybe even have them light up the color that they control to.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #749 on: August 30, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »

I have an idea, have the option to have all 4 switches on an RGB saber be AV and not just the master switch like it is now. Maybe even have them light up the color that they control to.

I second this.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: