Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496085 times)
Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #3810 on: December 21, 2015, 04:22:06 PM »

It's a Prophecy in the same way that Vader's saber is a Dark Prophecy.  They both bear about the same degree of resemblance to the Prophecy sabers.  But the Chosen one is far, far closer to the picture, Anakin's Ep II saber, than the Prophecy is.

That's not true. The prophecy is closer to Anakin's Ep II saber. All you have to do is add some grips and an activation box to the prophecy and bam, you've got anakins saber. The chosen one's emitter is off center from the activation box which is very unique to Vader's ligthsaber. Simply coloring the top part of the emitter on a Chosen One silver will not give you a true Anakin Ep II feel, and I think you'd end up being let down. I have a stunt prophecy and I have considered getting some T track strips and putting it on there to make it a little closer to being screen accurate.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3811 on: December 23, 2015, 02:41:58 PM »

I don't know if anyone has put this on here, not really up for searching through dozens of pages. What US should do is find a way to have the activation on the Flamberge and Renegade sabers staggered. It's definitely a selling point for the Black Series Kylo Ren saber.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Consular (Green)
Bane (Red)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3812 on: December 23, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

I don't know if anyone has put this on here, not really up for searching through dozens of pages. What US should do is find a way to have the activation on the Flamberge and Renegade sabers staggered. It's definitely a selling point for the Black Series Kylo Ren saber.

I suggested something similar. I was hopeful there was a way that certain sound fonts could stagger the light effect. Ancient Saber in particular, has an activation sound that sounds like the saber has to build a capacitor charge for the blade to be generated. Inversely the shut-off sounds like the saber has to choke the power back in order to extinguish the blade, and sounds like the blade just flickers out. In reality, the blade is on before the sound finishes, and remains fully on until the power down sound finishes. It would be awesome if they could be synced.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #3813 on: December 23, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »

I looked through briefly but not thoroughly (i mean, cmon, its 255 pages!), but I would love to see the Jedi Masters handle that you see in the Jedi temples raid trailer for SWTOR. the one with the three circles on the lower grip of the handle. I saw some other guys made one but I'm not exactly impressed with their electronics. and lets be honest, I'd rather have an ultrasaber version anyways. for starters on customization you could make the lower half a shroud with different anodizing options. and then use the emitter like the silver chosen one that someone mentioned earlier. just a thought.

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #3814 on: December 24, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »

I suggested something similar. I was hopeful there was a way that certain sound fonts could stagger the light effect. Ancient Saber in particular, has an activation sound that sounds like the saber has to build a capacitor charge for the blade to be generated. Inversely the shut-off sounds like the saber has to choke the power back in order to extinguish the blade, and sounds like the blade just flickers out. In reality, the blade is on before the sound finishes, and remains fully on until the power down sound finishes. It would be awesome if they could be synced.
Is it possible to do something in an Emerald driver for a startup/shutdown effect? If no, maybe it's time for the Emerald driver to have a next-gen upgrade to accomodate startup/shutdown FX.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Gojira76
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

Godzilla got himself a lightsaber now!

« Reply #3815 on: December 24, 2015, 11:01:48 PM »

All pommels, necks, and emitters should be available in the build your own saber section. I still want the Scorpion emitter.

Datron
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

Darth X'Aurek

« Reply #3816 on: December 24, 2015, 11:52:40 PM »

All pommels, necks, and emitters should be available in the build your own saber section. I still want the Scorpion emitter.

This.

There are a bunch of pieces I really want for customization.

Currently owned:
Modified Dark Menace with Red Blade
Azure Menace with DVA Blade
Dark Initiate LE V2 with Blue Blade
Dark Initiate LE V2 with Green Blade

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3817 on: December 25, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »

Well, they've finally given us ALL of the hilts as empties.  Perhaps they're moving slowly in that direction.

Lord knows, I'd buy the heck out of Flamberge blade holder rings.  Not to mention the side blade emitter section itself, it's one of the few pieces that can function as a straight up extension, with male threads on one end and female on the other.

Datron
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

Darth X'Aurek

« Reply #3818 on: December 25, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »

Well, they've finally given us ALL of the hilts as empties.  Perhaps they're moving slowly in that direction.

Lord knows, I'd buy the heck out of Flamberge blade holder rings.  Not to mention the side blade emitter section itself, it's one of the few pieces that can function as a straight up extension, with male threads on one end and female on the other.

I dunno, this seems pretty sparse: https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/90.htm

E: Oh you mean this: https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/78.htm

Which is fine, if I want the complete thing, but I want to be able to customize every piece.

Currently owned:
Modified Dark Menace with Red Blade
Azure Menace with DVA Blade
Dark Initiate LE V2 with Blue Blade
Dark Initiate LE V2 with Green Blade

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3819 on: December 28, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »

Is it possible to do something in an Emerald driver for a startup/shutdown effect? If no, maybe it's time for the Emerald driver to have a next-gen upgrade to accomodate startup/shutdown FX.

I've also suggested an Emerald V4 (or whatever version). One that would allow multiple color programs to be synced with the V4 sound board. So when you switch "sound fonts" you can also switch blade colors. I've heard of this being done elsewhere, but I am a) loyal to US, and b) not willing to pay the "elsewhere" prices.

Maybe they can throw this other feature in as well.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3820 on: December 28, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »

I've also suggested an Emerald V4 (or whatever version). One that would allow multiple color programs to be synced with the V4 sound board. So when you switch "sound fonts" you can also switch blade colors. I've heard of this being done elsewhere, but I am a) loyal to US, and b) not willing to pay the "elsewhere" prices.

How do I subscribe to the Darth Logos Newsletter?  This is a fantastic idea!

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3821 on: December 28, 2015, 08:59:58 PM »

How do I subscribe to the Darth Logos Newsletter?  This is a fantastic idea!

Grin Grin Grin <blush>

The only way I know of is to check my latest posts from my profile.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3822 on: December 28, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »

I dunno, this seems pretty sparse: https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/90.htm

E: Oh you mean this: https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/78.htm

Which is fine, if I want the complete thing, but I want to be able to customize every piece.

And, as I said, maybe they're slowly moving in that direction.  They recently added the Renegade pommels to the options for many of the lower priced sabers, although I wish they'd offer them for sale separately, as well.

I suspect, though, that there may be a lot of additions to the BYO section of the store once they get caught up with the ep. 7 frenzy that seems to have them shipping thousands of orders a week.  I know I wouldn't want to risk shorting myself on components right now, if I were them, so I doubt we'll see much added as long as things are crazy busy.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3823 on: December 29, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »

I don't know if this has been said or not...but...

I would love to have the wish list in my account expanded a little bit.  By that, I mean I would love to be able to load all my preferences for a particular saber (blade color, blade type, windows or not, pommel, sound card, covertec wheel, etc.) into the site, then click on "Add to Wishlist," and all of those specs would be saved.  That way, if someone else wanted to get it for a gift, they could simply log into my account, pull up my wish list, click on the saber, and bam, I'm getting exactly what I'm looking for.  I tried to walk a family member through it, but there were just too many steps, which led to frustration and no sale. 

It would also be nice, if the total price for that exact saber, with all the features, would be visible on the main wish list page.  Again, it would just make it that much easier for purchasing either by myself, or as a gift from others, because the exact cost would be on there.  There would be no surprises, and they could pick on a saber that fit within their budget, because I'm sure I'm not the only one with their eyes on multiple sabers with different features for different purposes.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3824 on: December 29, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »

I don't know if this has been said or not...but...

I would love to have the wish list in my account expanded a little bit.  By that, I mean I would love to be able to load all my preferences for a particular saber (blade color, blade type, windows or not, pommel, sound card, covertec wheel, etc.) into the site, then click on "Add to Wishlist," and all of those specs would be saved.  That way, if someone else wanted to get it for a gift, they could simply log into my account, pull up my wish list, click on the saber, and bam, I'm getting exactly what I'm looking for.  I tried to walk a family member through it, but there were just too many steps, which led to frustration and no sale. 

It would also be nice, if the total price for that exact saber, with all the features, would be visible on the main wish list page.  Again, it would just make it that much easier for purchasing either by myself, or as a gift from others, because the exact cost would be on there.  There would be no surprises, and they could pick on a saber that fit within their budget, because I'm sure I'm not the only one with their eyes on multiple sabers with different features for different purposes.

You're getting a light side point for that because that is so true. With how many options there are its damn near impossible to walk someone through it who has never been on the website before.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Consular (Green)
Bane (Red)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)