Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496475 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3915 on: January 30, 2016, 04:57:06 AM »

The ability to upload pictures directly to the forums like the other guys have without having to use Photobucket or something like that would go down every now and then would be nice x.x Any file size too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth_Solidus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -21

Dark Jedi

« Reply #3916 on: January 30, 2016, 05:39:54 AM »

Not sure if this has been said before but I'd like to see a quick disconnect coupler. It could thread in to two saber and have a feature where you could disconnect the coupler, separating the two saber. Each half could be the new pommel for the sabers and it could be reconnect easily. Say if you wanted to go from double bladed saber to dual wield in a duel or performance. Just a though I had earlier.

Jedi and Sith hold themselves back. Both are confined to their respective beliefs. Using the dark and the light sides, I intend to create a new order. One bringing balance to the Galaxy through force.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3917 on: January 30, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »

Not sure if this has been said before but I'd like to see a quick disconnect coupler. It could thread in to two saber and have a feature where you could disconnect the coupler, separating the two saber. Each half could be the new pommel for the sabers and it could be reconnect easily. Say if you wanted to go from double bladed saber to dual wield in a duel or performance. Just a though I had earlier.

How would that actually work?  I get what you mean about two pommels connecting, but I've yet to hear of something that'll hold up to dueling and be a quick disconnect.  I keep hoping someone will come up with a clever idea, though.  Smiley

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3918 on: January 30, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »

How would that actually work?  I get what you mean about two pommels connecting, but I've yet to hear of something that'll hold up to dueling and be a quick disconnect.  I keep hoping someone will come up with a clever idea, though.  Smiley

I  thought up a couple of options many years ago, but I am neither a machinist nor an artist, and am not readily able to either fabricate nor sketch in any but the most rudimentary ways.

Darth_Solidus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -21

Dark Jedi

« Reply #3919 on: January 31, 2016, 05:57:04 AM »

I was thinking of something for the disconnect like a piece in the center that you could push both hilts towards the middle and twist. It could be spring loaded or not depending on the level of complexity/ price point a manufacturer would be looking to meet. Each half of the coupler could have holes in its bottom for a mixture of weight saving and to work with sound enabled sabers.

Jedi and Sith hold themselves back. Both are confined to their respective beliefs. Using the dark and the light sides, I intend to create a new order. One bringing balance to the Galaxy through force.

GreyJedi117
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3920 on: January 31, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »

1) Katana, Rapier & Broadsword style hilts.

2) Leather wrapped hilts

3) color options for the hilt. Red and Gold in particular.

svander
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #3921 on: February 08, 2016, 01:06:12 AM »

Don't use glue on the AV switches. It would take very little effort to thread the switch's nut for a more secure fit. Using glue seems a bit lazy.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3922 on: February 08, 2016, 05:13:22 AM »

^ My thoughts on the glue is that it's likely far more efficient.  Try building say 100+ custom sabers a day and reaching in to thread each switch in such a tiny space is probably a waist of time.  The glue holds just fine.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

svander
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #3923 on: February 08, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »

It certainly is more efficient from a manufacturing standpoint (hence why they do it) but not the best for the us as the costumer.

It doesn't hold just fine, hence my suggestion. My saber isn't even a month old and there is a bit of play already between the switch and the body. No dueling.

Rogu3Wo1f
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #3924 on: February 08, 2016, 05:52:05 AM »

It certainly is more efficient from a manufacturing standpoint (hence why they do it) but not the best for the us as the costumer.

It doesn't hold just fine, hence my suggestion. My saber isn't even a month old and there is a bit of play already between the switch and the body. No dueling.

I've had my saber since 2013 and done some heavy dueling, had it knocked out of my hand, dropped from a second story window. Nothing has broken on it. Switch it still on fine.

If they were going to make something have a better connection I think the blade tips could be a bit better. Like being all one piece of Polycarbonate.

Why is the fear of being afraid acceptable by the Jedi Order?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3925 on: February 08, 2016, 05:57:42 AM »

Ultra Sabers hockey sticks.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #3926 on: February 08, 2016, 05:07:55 PM »

I'd personally like it if we could choose between different battery setups in larger hilts. Instead of the two smaller Li-Ions, we could fit one or two much larger Li-Ions. Instead of pulling out a battery box with circuit boards taped to it, we could set the boards further up, have a pommel with a built in speaker and insert the batteries like a flashlight. The usb ports could be hidden under a panel on the side. Of course, you can always choose the other option if you're buying a smaller hilt, but I think a lot of us would prefer something like this, expecially on the go where prying batteries out isn't exactly conventional.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3927 on: February 08, 2016, 05:52:12 PM »

I'd personally like it if we could choose between different battery setups in larger hilts. Instead of the two smaller Li-Ions, we could fit one or two much larger Li-Ions. Instead of pulling out a battery box with circuit boards taped to it, we could set the boards further up, have a pommel with a built in speaker and insert the batteries like a flashlight. The usb ports could be hidden under a panel on the side. Of course, you can always choose the other option if you're buying a smaller hilt, but I think a lot of us would prefer something like this, expecially on the go where prying batteries out isn't exactly conventional.

You're talking about actually having a power cell, or non-removable Li power supply?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #3928 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »

You're talking about actually having a power cell, or non-removable Li power supply?
Well having a non-removable Lion power supply means that you'd have a recharge port and making it non-removable wouldn't really matter.
I'm saying that in bigger hilts the emerald driver and obsidian sound board don't have to tackily glued to the Lithium Ion batteries. If you took advantage of some the empty space further up in the hilt you can make space for bigger batteries or more batteries that can last longer and can also be swapped out more easily as well. Either similarly to some brands of large flashlights, or simply more space for more batteries in the saber itself, optionally of course. As for the usb ports you could opt for, say, a panel further up on the hilt that can provide you with easy access to the ports, sticking out of the side, or open up the entire inside of the upper hilt with the wires and the boards. Obviously, it might be a bit of a hassle on Ultrasaber's part, but it's nothing farfetched or clear out of the picture. Personally, to me, it makes more sense. It would make making changing, fixing, rewiring, swapping out parts like the LED, or even full customization far easier. If someone though the aethstetic of the panel would make their hilt look tacky in their opinion, maybe they could opt for a mechanism where they can unscrew some pins or hexscrews or something, and the entire top half of the hilt over the AV switch slid upwards or even seperated completely. Obviously, making that possible would be a lot more tedious as it would require separating the hilt into two parts and making a sliding mechanism inside the hilt, but that's sort of the point of my idea. You are paying extra for ease of access and/or greater battery life, right? It doesn't matter if it costs significantly more, it's like a recharge port. Completely optional.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3929 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:12 PM »

Well having a non-removable Lion power supply means that you'd have a recharge port and making it non-removable wouldn't really matter.
I'm saying that in bigger hilts the emerald driver and obsidian sound board don't have to tackily glued to the Lithium Ion batteries. If you took advantage of some the empty space further up in the hilt you can make space for bigger batteries or more batteries that can last longer and can also be swapped out more easily as well. Either similarly to some brands of large flashlights, or simply more space for more batteries in the saber itself, optionally of course. As for the usb ports you could opt for, say, a panel further up on the hilt that can provide you with easy access to the ports, sticking out of the side, or open up the entire inside of the upper hilt with the wires and the boards. Obviously, it might be a bit of a hassle on Ultrasaber's part, but it's nothing farfetched or clear out of the picture. Personally, to me, it makes more sense. It would make making changing, fixing, rewiring, swapping out parts like the LED, or even full customization far easier. If someone though the aethstetic of the panel would make their hilt look tacky in their opinion, maybe they could opt for a mechanism where they can unscrew some pins or hexscrews or something, and the entire top half of the hilt over the AV switch slid upwards or even seperated completely. Obviously, making that possible would be a lot more tedious as it would require separating the hilt into two parts and making a sliding mechanism inside the hilt, but that's sort of the point of my idea. You are paying extra for ease of access and/or greater battery life, right? It doesn't matter if it costs significantly more, it's like a recharge port. Completely optional.
It is an option, but the development and practicality of implementing it might not be feasbile or cost effective for ultrasabers. But, they do monitor this thread, so if your idea has merit i'm sure it might appear sometime in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: