Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496147 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4710 on: November 24, 2016, 01:56:30 AM »

Make Emerald Green, Bane's Heart, Dark Violet Amethyst, Sentinel Yellow, and Pyrestone Orange as regular buyable colors please? =] I want another Emerald Green blade and Bane's Heart too

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4711 on: November 24, 2016, 02:09:50 AM »

Last night, playing with the new Scorpion, Fulcrum, and Lost Gray, I had a realization of something I'd love to see that I don't think I've seen suggested before.

Lost Gray is a smaller saber than Fulcrum, not by a huge amount, but noticeable.  But aesthetically, they're clearly, unambiguously related designs.  They have a lot of design features in common.

I realized that I would love to see a similar companion to the Scorpions, and maybe some of the other big sabers...or even going the other way and having US expand some well known smaller designs while expanding on familiar design cues.  For example, a smaller companion to the Scorpions might shorten it up some, smaller (optional, still) claw, drop the section with the three horizontal windows, and perhaps a 3/4 size, but similar emitter.

Or a trimmed down saber that shares obvious design cues from the Guardian. 

For an "up-sized" saber, consider what an expanded, longer saber similar to a Menace, with additional flourish added to the familiar design cues, might look like.

There's precedent in more than the new "snips" sabers, the Sentinel V4 is to the Apprentice V4 as Fulcrum is to Lost Gray, and I think that these could be a very fine, and popular, addition to the lineup.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4712 on: November 24, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »

Agreed.  A lot of members just don't get certain hilts, because they're too large.

US is missing some revenue there...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #4713 on: November 24, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »

Smaller electronics.  Either thinner board with the batteries in a line, or requiring less power so the hilts can be thinner.  This would allow the scale to go down and lightsabers could be scaled from 11 inches long down to say 7 or 8 inches long.   Yoda's is probably four inches long, though I'd think six would likely be the shortest usably dueling saber for most humans.

Smaller electronic and hilt diameters might require a smaller diameter blade for the new saber line.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4714 on: November 25, 2016, 03:09:33 AM »

I think US needs better descriptions on their website for us blind saber enthusiasts.  I tried to start a thread for this topic, but in some cases it got off topic.
Anyway, if US is listening, I'd like descriptions on your site for the blind, like what are on the thread I created.  See link below.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26436.new;topicseen#new

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #4715 on: November 25, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »

Make Emerald Green, Bane's Heart, Dark Violet Amethyst, Sentinel Yellow, and Pyrestone Orange as regular buyable colors please? =] I want another Emerald Green blade and Bane's Heart too

Absolutely. Without going to the expense of buying the Emerald Driver for a saber, it would be nice to be able to choose these colors listed above as a standard color pallet. For myself I use color discs to capture the look of the the blade colors listed here for most of my sabers.

Another idea would be to introduce a removable Crystal Chasis which would double as part of the electronics package (Soundboard, battery and speaker) which sits inside the hilt of the saber. The Crystal Chasis would pull out of the bottom of the saber in the same way you normally change out batteries.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4716 on: November 25, 2016, 08:00:39 PM »

Absolutely. Without going to the expense of buying the Emerald Driver for a saber, it would be nice to be able to choose these colors listed above as a standard color pallet. For myself I use color discs to capture the look of the the blade colors listed here for most of my sabers.

They are.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #4717 on: November 25, 2016, 08:40:46 PM »

That's good to know. Thanks for the information Landen Se-Sentien.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4718 on: November 25, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »

That's good to know. Thanks for the information Landen Se-Sentien.

You're welcome.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #4719 on: November 26, 2016, 03:21:55 AM »

My sources tell me that the new saber, possibly coming out before the end of the year is not a curved hilt, or a smaller version of any pre-existing saber.
My gutt tells me that it is one of two designs from the SW universe, and one of them is featured in an animated series.
The other possibility is from the prequel trilogy, and no I don't think it belongs to a short green hero.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4720 on: November 26, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »

My sources tell me that the new saber, possibly coming out before the end of the year is not a curved hilt, or a smaller version of any pre-existing saber.
My gutt tells me that it is one of two designs from the SW universe, and one of them is featured in an animated series.
The other possibility is from the prequel trilogy, and no I don't think it belongs to a short green hero.

I am guessing it is Janus Kana inspired saber with that distinctive emitter.

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #4721 on: November 26, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »

Agreed.  A lot of members just don't get certain hilts, because they're too large.

US is missing some revenue there...

I would agree, but more from a function of girth/diameter rather than length. The most recent shrouded sabers (Electrum Wind, Fulcrum, Lost Grey) have been 1.6"/4cm in diameter. On my Fulcrum, measuring at the activator box to the side 180 degrees opposite results in a 2"/5cm (!) diameter. The larger part of the body down by the pommel (the part where the large black decorative knob and the Covertec wheel attach) is at 1 3/4" (4.4cm) diameter.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4722 on: November 26, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Darth Plagueis inspired saber please =] I know the Bane is kinda close but not specific to the character

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #4723 on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »

I am guessing it is Janus Kana inspired saber with that distinctive emitter.
I think the new saber will be for a character that is more mainstream.
Darth Plagueis inspired saber please =] I know the Bane is kinda close but not specific to the character
I'm almost positive that the next saber released will be a light side inspired design.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4724 on: November 26, 2016, 10:11:16 PM »

So your saying someone like Kit Fisto or Plo Koon?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: