Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496084 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6585 on: September 27, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »

Impressive and very beautiful, Tyeth. Have a point

Thanks Infinit, but I fear it wouldn't be duel worthy with an acrylic flat blade.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6586 on: September 27, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »

The on-board menu for the Diamond really is not that hard to use. It just takes the patience to learn it and some practice.

My first Ultrasaber was a Diamond we bought for myself in January, and it took some time and at first I was certain that I had bitten off more than I could chew. But I love it. if I could afford it, every one of our sabers would be Diamond.

The Emerald, was a disappointment. We got our 15 year old an Emerald for his birthday a few months after I got mine. Having to connect it every time you want to change colors is a pain. 2 cards when you get it with sound... that's enough said right there - 2 cards. Not space efficient. There are even some hilts that don't offer Emerald w/Sound because of the internal space and 2 cards. If I could get a do-over on that purchase, I'd choose the Diamond over the Emerald w/sound.

I can sort of see your point of view D Logos, and maybe just offer the Emerald w/o sound, but the Diamond is superior in every way.

And there's not enough of a price difference between Emerald w/Sound and Diamond to say it's more economical.

I agree.

My point exactly. The ObsV4 took no practice. Hold the AV from the OFF state to activate, press to cycle fonts, hold AV to confirm. And yes, two boards does suck. I really wanted color change and sound in a Proph, but I really don't want Diamond. I also wanted it in a Renegade, but Emerald can't handle the load, but Diamond can. My gripe about the DB is that it should require complex movements to do its job. A simple button press should suffice. Plus, honestly, unless you're just showing off abilities, when else are you going to need to really need a rapid color change. Now in the case of Project:BOOYA!, rapid color change was a bonus. It allows me to go from BR to GB or VA, instantly allowing for photo ops.

To switch bewteen fonts on a Diamond, it is hold button and stab motion. You can also adjust the stab and menu sensitivity.  Not sure if you were aware of that.

But to my original point, I would like to see more sword based hilts, along as my typical requests for the Diamond board. More power ons, offs, lockups, etc.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6587 on: September 27, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »

But to my original point, I would like to see more sword based hilts, along as my typical requests for the Diamond board. More power ons, offs, lockups, etc.

Agreed, more sword style hilts. I would love UltraSabers' take on a Katana like saber

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6588 on: September 27, 2018, 08:00:30 PM »

To switch bewteen fonts on a Diamond, it is hold button and stab motion. You can also adjust the stab and menu sensitivity.  Not sure if you were aware of that.
I was aware, and that is my argument: you don't think that is a bit convoluted to cycle fonts?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #6589 on: September 27, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »

I was aware, and that is my argument: you don't think that is a bit convoluted to cycle fonts?

Honestly, no. With all the features the Diamond Controller offers, it is pretty effortless now, at least in my opinion.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6590 on: September 27, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »

Honestly, no. With all the features the Diamond Controller offers, it is pretty effortless now, at least in my opinion.
If you don't mind, I would like to hear about these "benefits" from a customer review. I've messed with LAK's Diamond CO, and it seems ridiculously complex.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

CunJu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6591 on: September 27, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »

Please, Please Please do Old Obi's ANH saber..

The Archon is close, but just not it...

(you could call it The Hermit Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6592 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:33 PM »

Please, Please Please do Old Obi's ANH saber..

The Archon is close, but just not it...

(you could call it The Hermit Smiley
How about the Wizard?

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6593 on: September 28, 2018, 06:23:34 PM »

Now that the V5s are out (soon to be anyhow), I say more color options for the claw like anodized blue and gray as well as making them available in the parts section. This is assuming that they are removable, of course. 

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6594 on: September 28, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »

Now that the V5s are out (soon to be anyhow), I say more color options for the claw like anodized blue and gray as well as making them available in the parts section. This is assuming that they are removable, of course. 

It doesn't look like they are from what i saw. Those all look like 2 pc - hilt and pommel. Not full MHS.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6595 on: September 28, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »

it'd be awesome if they were though.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6596 on: September 28, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »

it'd be awesome if they were though.

Agreed, oh well. I'm happy for the V5s, regardless

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #6597 on: September 28, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »

I agree. More blue anodizing would be great.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #6598 on: September 28, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »

If you don't mind, I would like to hear about these "benefits" from a customer review. I've messed with LAK's Diamond CO, and it seems ridiculously complex.

It all comes down to a learning curve. I really enjoy spending entire days off, editing colors and different shimmering effects on the software. I like the memory space on the diamond as well. I will be honest and say I do not use and disable all the gesture effects. But I can see how that could be useful to create a cool effect.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6599 on: September 28, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »

Although the norm for the V-series is single piece bodies, I think they branched out for the V5.

Even though this is a render, it looks like the gold in the window is from an underlay.

And I can't imagine how they could achieve the lathe work up to the edge of the claws without actually using a lathe.

Am I the only one that sees potential for the new Ini's to be a poor-man's Satele Shan hilt?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: