Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graflex SE Review (+TRI LED Brightness comparison) !  (Read 11552 times)
CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »

So would you mind showin us what it looks like without the covertec wheel on it? Btw great review very informative!

Yeah, no problem! As soon as I get back home (tomorrow or monday) I'll make sure to take a pic of it without the covertec

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »

Yeah, no problem! As soon as I get back home (tomorrow or monday) I'll make sure to take a pic of it without the covertec
Thanks! i am seriously considering buying one as my first and removing the wheel to make it TFA style.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »

Very nice. I know what I'll be getting next. Even though I don't have a Sith saber with sound yet but still Tongue I need a Grafle saber in my life. Going classic ANH look too or might do Anakin ROTS look. Not too sure yet

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »

I love the pics and I love this saber.  Even if it's not 100% screen accurate, it still rocks.  I'm not opposed to people doing their own thing with a design and US did this one beautifully.  I'd imagine that rounded over activation box is more comfortable for dueling than a Graflex clamp.  After all, it's not like the stunt hilts in the films had that huge thing.  That was just the "hero" hilt for closeups and hanging from belts.  The stunt hilts were quite plain.  US gives you a hero hilt you can really duel with.

Lastly, thanks for the comparison of the standard and TRI LED setups.  I'd been curious about the difference.

Shield madien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

" Luke I said No" Han will get mad

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »

Very cool info, pics. I agree for one handed grip it's fine but I disagree for your off hand with a 2 handed grip. Those T tracks are very bulky  &  uncomfortable.  I only make this statement because i practice HEMA  and also have been using sparring techniques with friends using my sabers. But outside of that it's  a sweet saber I love mine more so when I got lower profile t grips.

Own
Graflex CE  Emerald
Shock LE  Guardian Blue

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »

Thanks! i am seriously considering buying one as my first and removing the wheel to make it TFA style.

Hi, sorry for taking my sweet time XD But I finally got those pics, here is the graflex with no covertec wheel:

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »

Very nice. I know what I'll be getting next. Even though I don't have a Sith saber with sound yet but still Tongue I need a Grafle saber in my life. Going classic ANH look too or might do Anakin ROTS look. Not too sure yet

I definitely recommend you get the graflex then. ALSO, if you also need a sith saber with sound, you could do what I've always though of (but haven't had the funds yet XD): get an emerald graflex with sound and change at any time from blue/arctic blue to red, that way you have a jedi and a sith saber with sound, kind of an alternate version of Anakin's saber if he'd defeated Obi Wan in Mustafar.

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »

I love the pics and I love this saber.  Even if it's not 100% screen accurate, it still rocks.  I'm not opposed to people doing their own thing with a design and US did this one beautifully.  I'd imagine that rounded over activation box is more comfortable for dueling than a Graflex clamp.  After all, it's not like the stunt hilts in the films had that huge thing.  That was just the "hero" hilt for closeups and hanging from belts.  The stunt hilts were quite plain.  US gives you a hero hilt you can really duel with.

Lastly, thanks for the comparison of the standard and TRI LED setups.  I'd been curious about the difference.

Yes, you are very right, the rounded activation box is very very comfortable (and smooth, really nice to the touch). The only other activation box I had to compare it with was the activation box of Luke's ROTJ first original hasbro toy from... 1997? That was uncomfortable and it was only plastic. Imagine a sharp aluminium activation box XD

And, you're welcome about the LED comparison. I did it cos I was curious myself, so I figured other people could find it useful Tongue

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »

Very cool info, pics. I agree for one handed grip it's fine but I disagree for your off hand with a 2 handed grip. Those T tracks are very bulky  &  uncomfortable.  I only make this statement because i practice HEMA  and also have been using sparring techniques with friends using my sabers. But outside of that it's  a sweet saber I love mine more so when I got lower profile t grips.

Ah, I see were you come from. See, the thing is HEMA usually uses the dominant hand to direct the sword and the other hand to grip the sword tightly. That way, of course, the plastic grips will feel veeery uncomfortable if you tighten your hand full-force. I use more wushu technique, where handling the hilt is a bit of the opposite: you use your dominant hand to handle the full weight of the sword and a bit of direction too, and the other hand more for direction and a more loose grip, since wushu encourages more the transition between two-handed and one-handed sword technique.

Ooo, nice, low profile grips! Did you dismantle the saber and rebuild it yourself? Are they still plastic or rubber?

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »

Just a suggestion, but like I've done, I'd use an old small blade holder screw (if you have one handy) to plug the Covertec Wheel hole, just to keep dust/sweat/Midi-chlorians (they get in everywhere!) out of the electrics -

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »

Just a suggestion, but like I've done, I'd use an old small blade holder screw (if you have one handy) to plug the Covertec Wheel hole, just to keep dust/sweat/Midi-chlorians (they get in everywhere!) out of the electrics -

Yep, I agree. However, I'll leave the covertec on anyway, I just took the photos to show how it looks without the covertec. Plus, I don't have that type of screw without a socket head XD I'll have to look for one if I ever want to leave it without the covertec wheel

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

Yes, you are very right, the rounded activation box is very very comfortable (and smooth, really nice to the touch). The only other activation box I had to compare it with was the activation box of Luke's ROTJ first original hasbro toy from... 1997? That was uncomfortable and it was only plastic. Imagine a sharp aluminium activation box XD

Heh, I used to have that toy too, along with the Darth Vader one.  The boxes definitely got in the way.  I don't want to think about it with those actually being metal.  I could see someone getting hurt if they actually dueled with that.  But, then I was watching a video on YouTube from a lightsaber school and one of the instructors was demonstrating something using a fairly faithful recreation of Obi-Wan's lightsaber with the Graflex clamp.  So, I guess it's something you'd get used to avoiding.  Still seems awkward to me, though.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »

Heh, I used to have that toy too, along with the Darth Vader one.  The boxes definitely got in the way.  I don't want to think about it with those actually being metal.  I could see someone getting hurt if they actually dueled with that.  But, then I was watching a video on YouTube from a lightsaber school and one of the instructors was demonstrating something using a fairly faithful recreation of Obi-Wan's lightsaber with the Graflex clamp.  So, I guess it's something you'd get used to avoiding.  Still seems awkward to me, though.

Nice, best childhood ever Tongue I got used to handling the lightsaber at the neck. It wasn't comfortable, but not as bad as holding it nearer to the box. I guess people do get used to avoiding it, but wow, that still deserves merit XD

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: