Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Most anticipated games!  (Read 13453 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »

I know, right?! I am concerned about Rocksteady not being there but WB Montreal did do the Armored Edition of Arkham City. Granted, that was just a port with some extra features but I think they deserve a shot. Besides, they'll have less chance of messing up the story with a prequel than if they were doing a sequel. I'd rather have Rocksteady do a sequel to City because I feel like they're the only ones who could do it justice (although I would argue that Harley Quinn's Revenge has already messed up the story a bit).

EDIT: More updates!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/assassinating-batman-in-arkham-origins

Another Edit: Some more thoughts of mine.

I am a bit disappointed because this prequel means that there will be no Nightwing or Robin. Nightwing's my favorite superhero and my favorite to play as. Robin was also freaking awesome! In fact, out of those three Batman became my least favorite to play as. Hopefully the new features will take my mind off of this.

Harley Quinn's Revenge has already messed up the story a bit

Harley Quinn

messed up

I'm cautiously excited. I don't see any way they could screw it up, but... wait, yes I do. It just doesn't seem likely that they will.

no

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »

I'm cautiously excited. I don't see any way they could screw it up, but... wait, yes I do. It just doesn't seem likely that they will.

HAHAHA that was awesome! Nice GIF use! I should probably explain myself in a SPOILER-y way: I was a little disappointed with how they handled the story because in Arkham City they teased that Harley was pregnant, and it felt like they dropped the ball by placing all of those negative pregnancy tests by the crib. I was also disappointed that Robin didn't die. I know that sounds horrible, but just imagine what it would do to Batman! He loses his greatest enemy, his greatest love, AND his greatest ally! Imagine the story possibilities! I did enjoy the DLC overall, but I wasn't satisfied with the story direction.

Note to self: never make controversial claims on the internet without explaining your position.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:29:32 PM by RLYHYPERGUY » Logged

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 09:36:39 PM »

I'm actually pumped about Battlefield 4.  They released 17 minutes of footage from it, and the whole thing looks incredible.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

It just looks like another FPS to me. Then again, I've been playing nonstop FPS games ever since I got an Xbox 360 all those years ago. I'm completely burned out on FPS games, and I avoid them like the plague nowadays Grin

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 12:27:56 AM »

HAHAHA that was awesome! Nice GIF use! I should probably explain myself in a SPOILER-y way: I was a little disappointed with how they handled the story because in Arkham City they teased that Harley was pregnant, and it felt like they dropped the ball by placing all of those negative pregnancy tests by the crib. I was also disappointed that Robin didn't die. I know that sounds horrible, but just imagine what it would do to Batman! He loses his greatest enemy, his greatest love, AND his greatest ally! Imagine the story possibilities! I did enjoy the DLC overall, but I wasn't satisfied with the story direction.

Note to self: never make controversial claims on the internet without explaining your position.

All very true, but Harley is one of my favorite characters so I pretty much liked Revenge by default.

Oh yeah, did anyone else see the gameplay from Dark Souls 2 earlier? It's definitely going on my list now.

no

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 02:40:42 AM »

All very true, but Harley is one of my favorite characters so I pretty much liked Revenge by default.

Oh yeah, did anyone else see the gameplay from Dark Souls 2 earlier? It's definitely going on my list now.

I wasn't nagging on Harley if that's what concerns you. She's an awesome character.  Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 01:58:18 AM »

So, I'm shamelessly resurrecting my own thread.

The gameplay and other trailers for Arkham Origins have successfully gotten me hyped. The assassin lineup revealed thus far (Deathstroke, Deadshot, Bane, Copperhead, Firefly, Lady Shiva) is pretty awesome, and I really like the new interpretation of Copperhead. She's way easier to take seriously than the old one. I considered getting the collector's edition for a little while, but I'll hold off for the City sequel. I have the game preordered, regardless.

I do, however, have the Dark Souls II collector's edition preordered. The statue looks awesome, as does the map. If you're getting it, make sure to preorder it. All preorders, collector's edition or otherwise, get the Black Armored Edition (game and soundtrack in a steel case). I didn't get into the beta, but footage looks great. Wheel skellies in a boss fight is the best idea ever, I wish they'd done that for Pinwheel.

I'm not too hyped for any other games in the near future. There seem to be more blunders on the horizon than anything.

How about you guys? Anything I'm missing out on?

no

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »

Elder scrolls online. Always always wanted to be able to run around one of the elderscrolls with my other half (I like co-op gaming with him). I just hope they don't stuff it up, but what I've seen of it so far looks promising

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

So, I'm shamelessly resurrecting my own thread.

The gameplay and other trailers for Arkham Origins have successfully gotten me hyped. The assassin lineup revealed thus far (Deathstroke, Deadshot, Bane, Copperhead, Firefly, Lady Shiva) is pretty awesome, and I really like the new interpretation of Copperhead. She's way easier to take seriously than the old one. I considered getting the collector's edition for a little while, but I'll hold off for the City sequel. I have the game preordered, regardless.

I do, however, have the Dark Souls II collector's edition preordered. The statue looks awesome, as does the map. If you're getting it, make sure to preorder it. All preorders, collector's edition or otherwise, get the Black Armored Edition (game and soundtrack in a steel case). I didn't get into the beta, but footage looks great. Wheel skellies in a boss fight is the best idea ever, I wish they'd done that for Pinwheel.

I'm not too hyped for any other games in the near future. There seem to be more blunders on the horizon than anything.

I am extremely excited about Arkham Origins.  I loved Asylum and City and beat both several times (got all of the riddle trophies too!) and this has been the game I have most wanted for the past few months.  Heck the last new game I went and bought right out of the gate was Injustice so it's been a minute.  I think I might get the season pass, I love playing with the different Batman skins. 

How about you guys? Anything I'm missing out on?

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »

I am extremely excited about Arkham Origins. I loved Asylum and City and beat both several times (got all of the riddle trophies too!) and this has been the game I have most wanted for the past few months. Heck the last new game I went and bought right out of the gate was Injustice so it's been a minute. I think I might get the season pass, I love playing with the different Batman skins.

In the last few weeks or so I worked on getting all the trophies and Catwoman trophies, as well as beating NG+. I Am the Night mode sounds like it's going to be awesome.

no

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »

Recently pre-ordered my collectors edition of Arkham Origins and I am having trouble waiting for my goodies; most of all the statue.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »

Am I the only one who's excited for Star Citizen!?!?  C'mon, made by Chris Roberts, it's a full-on space sim, and it's going to push the limits of everything we've ever known about gaming!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »

Am I the only one who's excited for Star Citizen!?!?  C'mon, made by Chris Roberts, it's a full-on space sim, and it's going to push the limits of everything we've ever known about gaming!

Mainly because of this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

The prices of in-game items are not conducive to having a fun time if you're dropping the price of a game on one item.

The game does look interesting, but not for me at those prices.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »

I'm really looking forward to Frictional Games' next project: SOMAGrin

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »

Mainly because of this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

The prices of in-game items are not conducive to having a fun time if you're dropping the price of a game on one item.

The game does look interesting, but not for me at those prices.

That's only to support the crowd-funding campaign.  Every single item you see there is available in-game for UEE credits (in game currency).  The game itself will cost the same as pretty much every other game, or around $60. 

Incidentally, the Digital Mercenary Package comes with the game itself, and costs less than most games at your local GameStop. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: