Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: George lucas trolling again but it will cost us 90.00  (Read 25373 times)
Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »

Grin  huh i agree with the vader scene its defently better

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Aelde Renn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself."
-- George Lucas, 1988, testifying to US Congress about altering old movies

P\/\/n3d. By your own damned self. Ouch. Credit to Corwin Neuse for the quote and association.

So, what.... he had a change of heart on this topic, or this only applies to people changing someone else's movies.   I guess as long as the original creator is doing the changing, it is perfectly OK.  "No. no, no, what I meant to say/portray, was 'this'!  It just took me a few years to figure out how I wanted to do it, so I put a placeholder in"

As far as the Vader scene, it at least fits.   It was totally unnecessary IMHO.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 02:21:09 AM »

We shall see on on or around 9/16/11 cause I'll get my copy.  The only previous change that I didn't care for was at the end of ep 6 when he replaced the older Anakin Skywalker with the ep 2/3 Anakin.   But thats just my opinion.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »

We shall see on on or around 9/16/11 cause I'll get my copy.  The only previous change that I didn't care for was at the end of ep 6 when he replaced the older Anakin Skywalker with the ep 2/3 Anakin.   But thats just my opinion.

I hated that too. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

Really doesn't make sense in the SW Universe!  Obi-wan didn't instantly become young, nor did Yoda.  The Argument they use is that he was a good guy when he was young.  I'd say he was a pretty good guy when he chucked the Emperor and started thinking of his son, even if it was only for 5 minutes!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »

Really doesn't make sense in the SW Universe!  Obi-wan didn't instantly become young, nor did Yoda.  The Argument they use is that he was a good guy when he was young.  I'd say he was a pretty good guy when he chucked the Emperor and started thinking of his son, even if it was only for 5 minutes!

Fact.  They use that excuse to cover up the fact that Lucas just wanted to mesh the old trilogy with the new one.  There isn't a single point when Anakin Skywalker was suddenly Darth Vader, despite what some people think.  Symbolically yes, the Jedi was overtaken by the Sith and later returned, but that doesn't change the fact that it was indeed Anakin Skywalker who did both great and terrible things throughout.  Making Hayden Christensen the new canonical Force ghost completely denies this possibility... plus Hayden is giving his creepy rapist smile again in the scene... can't he make a nice smile that doesn't make you wanna run away?

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

Or it could have been, Hey Mr Lucas, Sir, I have been Anakin for two movies now, I would like to be the ghost of Anakin in ep 6 pleeeeease (ha).

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »

What I don't really understand is how old has became Darth Vader in the EPVI of the original trilogy (I'm referring to Shaw in the 1983 movie) !  Shocked

Only 26 years from EpIII to EPVI and he became an 80 old man! I can understand that a Sith life is very stressful, but I didn't think so much!  Grin 

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »

What I don't really understand is how old has became Darth Vader in the EPVI of the original trilogy (I'm referring to Shaw in the 1983 movie) !  Shocked

Only 26 years from EpIII to EPVI and he became an 80 old man! I can understand that a Sith life is very stressful, but I didn't think so much!  Grin 

Wow, impressive!  I actually hadn't realized Sebastian Shaw was so old, he was born in 1905 so he was like 78 by the time of ROTJ!!!  I always kinda figured Anakin was in his mid 20s by ROTS, so I would guess he's supposed to be about 50ish by ROTJ.  Gotta say though, Sebastian Shaw looked damn good as Anakin for a 78 year old... he didn't look a day over 60!

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

Wow, impressive!  I actually hadn't realized Sebastian Shaw was so old, he was born in 1905 so he was like 78 by the time of ROTJ!!!  I always kinda figured Anakin was in his mid 20s by ROTS, so I would guess he's supposed to be about 50ish by ROTJ.  Gotta say though, Sebastian Shaw looked damn good as Anakin for a 78 year old... he didn't look a day over 60!

Well... probably 60 and 1 day!  Cheesy

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »

Cool  well well thought i was the only one lol

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

beans22
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »

you could debate over the ages in new trilogy to old but the fact is George Lucas didn't care according to the starwars timeline obi wan was only 57 by a new hope. I must say Alec Guinness looks a bit older than 57 in that movie

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

you could debate over the ages in new trilogy to old but the fact is George Lucas didn't care according to the starwars timeline obi wan was only 57 by a new hope. I must say Alec Guinness looks a bit older than 57 in that movie

Good point.  He clearly didn't pay much attention to details like that, among other things...

Personally, I would have had Anakin a bit older by ROTS... in fact I would have had him older all along, to avoid the annoying little kid phase.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »

theres so much he couldve done better with anakin. i feel they never showed his full potential either

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »

the re dubbed lines aren't real that was a joke in the article

That's good, and I hope this one is false too; here is another article that I found about a scene that got cut and is now in the new release.

According to "Today Entertainment" There was a scene deleted in "The Empire Strikes Back" between Han and Leia while on Hoth in the corridor.  In the scene, at the Rebel base in the Hoth system, Han tells Leia she's "been so busy being a princess, you haven't learned how to be a woman" and goes on to call her "as cold as this planet."  The princess gives as good as she gets, as always, telling Han he has "all the breeding of a bantha."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: