Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3386 3387 [3388] 3389 3390 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4917115 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50805 on: August 01, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »

Why I enjoyed being a part of the SCA so much.
What's SCA?

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #50806 on: August 01, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »

I've even got some motorcycle combat trousers, cos having extra pockets when I'm on the bike is never a bad thing.

I don't ride (unfortunately). Could you hook a brother up with a link to these combat trousers though please?

What's SCA?

The Society for Creative Anachronism?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50807 on: August 02, 2019, 12:21:28 AM »

What's SCA?

The Society for Creative Anachronism?

Correct.  Its a Medieval Reenactment group that focuses on pre 17th century skills.  Making clothing, fighting, blackmsithing, archery, mead making etc.  You take on the "persona" of someone who could have lived during those times.  Not just European either, some did Egyptian, Japanese, African etc.  Got to know your history to.  I was a Norseman.  There are "kingdoms" all over the world. It was damg good fun...but there are always those that take it Wayyyy to seriously and zap the fun...why I'm no longer in it.   Here is me and the Knight who trained me putting on a demo...I'm on the right...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #50808 on: August 02, 2019, 12:54:43 AM »

Correct.  Its a Medieval Reenactment group that focuses on pre 17th century skills.  Making clothing, fighting, blackmsithing, archery, mead making etc.  You take on the "persona" of someone who could have lived during those times.  Not just European either, some did Egyptian, Japanese, African etc.  Got to know your history to.  I was a Norseman.  There are "kingdoms" all over the world. It was damg good fun...but there are always those that take it Wayyyy to seriously and zap the fun...why I'm no longer in it.   Here is me and the Knight who trained me putting on a demo...I'm on the right...

That looks like a crap ton of fun! I've never been able to hook up with anyone but actual martial artists, which is awesome to a point, but I want people to play with!!!! By play I mean mortally wound

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50809 on: August 02, 2019, 01:01:08 AM »

That looks like a crap ton of fun! I've never been able to hook up with anyone but actual martial artists, which is awesome to a point, but I want people to play with!!!! By play I mean mortally wound

Well, the SCA doesn't do Live Steel. They use Rattan with duct tape..still doesn't feel very good though.  My Helm has a dent in it from a strike.  Now a lot of SCA do Live Steel in other Organizations..then of course there is the Battle of the Nations.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1E0gi8BzKM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1E0gi8BzKM</a>

If you're interested in the SCA here is a place to find your nearest group...
https://www.sca.org/geography/

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50810 on: August 02, 2019, 07:49:30 AM »

As far as clothes go, I usually don't have too much problem with the pants. I tend to wear Jeans most of the time (boot cut goes better with the big hiking boots I wear almost constantly) or some hiking pants for when it's too hot. Main issue with hiking pants is that they're either black or grey and the few colors I find often have some really bright paches of fluo colors I wouldn't wear if my life depended on it (I don't judge those who do but I just can't).

T-shirts and sweaters can be more of an issue. I need slim fit size S at least otherwise I look like I'm swimming in it. I have long arms and am somewhat tall but I'm skinny as hell.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50811 on: August 02, 2019, 08:54:59 AM »

I don't ride (unfortunately). Could you hook a brother up with a link to these combat trousers though please?
Not sure why you'd want a pair of motorcycle combat trousers if you don't have a bike, but here's the link to the ones I bought anyway. https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/239610

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50812 on: August 02, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »

Well, the SCA doesn't do Live Steel. They use Rattan with duct tape..still doesn't feel very good though.  My Helm has a dent in it from a strike.  Now a lot of SCA do Live Steel in other Organizations..then of course there is the Battle of the Nations.....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1E0gi8BzKM

If you're interested in the SCA here is a place to find your nearest group...
https://www.sca.org/geography/

So are you in this vid?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Thnkswckd
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -54

I LOVE THE DARKSIDE

« Reply #50813 on: August 02, 2019, 10:59:19 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GF3rWj0A_Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GF3rWj0A_Y</a>

Just Blast From The Past..... No Point to make

Dont Shoot Like a Trooper!!! One Shot... One Kill!!! If That Fails.. Adapt: Two To The Chest... One To The Head

Bane - Diamond / Chosen One CE - Diamond / Crimson-Grand-Master - Diamond / Guardian - Diamond / SaviorAzure - Diamond /Spectre - Diamond / Franken Saber / Aeon le v3 / Bellicose / Dark Initiate V2 / Dominix v4 / Dominix le v4 / Prophecy v3 / Dark Prophecy v3

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50814 on: August 03, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »

So are you in this vid?

No, sadly there is no video of me fighting as I was always the one filming...:p

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #50815 on: August 03, 2019, 07:36:50 AM »

Not sure why you'd want a pair of motorcycle combat trousers if you don't have a bike, but here's the link to the ones I bought anyway. https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/239610

yeah they are a bit pricey for just regular wear if you're not ridding....unless you like getting dragged around on asphalt for fun or for whatever reason need knee  armor?!( no judgements)

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #50816 on: August 04, 2019, 04:11:51 AM »

yeah they are a bit pricey for just regular wear if you're not ridding....unless you like getting dragged around on asphalt for fun or for whatever reason need knee  armor?!( no judgements)

I was interested in them for, uh, spelunking? You know, cave-diving.
By the way, does any one know of any light weight fabrics that will take a bullet as long as its not a straight shot?
Also, on a completely unrelated note, does any one know where to get explosive arrowheads? Thanks.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50817 on: August 04, 2019, 03:47:19 PM »

I was interested in them for, uh, spelunking? You know, cave-diving.
By the way, does any one know of any light weight fabrics that will take a bullet as long as its not a straight shot?
Also, on a completely unrelated note, does any one know where to get explosive arrowheads? Thanks.

Kevlar is getting lighter all the time..and more expensive.  Explosive Arrowheads are pretty easy but as they tend to be tip heavy are only useful shooting downward

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50818 on: August 05, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »

Great Hungarian Grand Prix yesterday. The last few races have been high drama and thrilling to watch.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50819 on: August 05, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »

Great Hungarian Grand Prix yesterday. The last few races have been high drama and thrilling to watch.
Grr. Part of me hasn't missed watching this year. Had to cut cable, and haven't found a reliable way to stream F1.

How's our boy, Lewis, doing?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 3386 3387 [3388] 3389 3390 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: