Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945661 times)
Darth Vaga
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -3

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »

the rat trick a classic. you sir have taste. but seriously jar jar was the most pointless character ever, but along with saying that i dont like grievous either i dont believe they should have killed maul. they should have made him general of the droids and the jedi hunter. total waste of a great character

“Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It”s about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.”¯

“This is the way of our Order. An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal.”¯
-Darth Zannah

kcamcmahon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -19

I can Feel Your Anger.

« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »

the rat trick a classic. you sir have taste. but seriously jar jar was the most pointless character ever, but along with saying that i dont like grievous either i dont believe they should have killed maul. they should have made him general of the droids and the jedi hunter. total waste of a great character

Ya they should have kept Maul. I like grievous in general, but I dont like the way they made him cough all the time. I understand that he coughs for a reason but it still bugs me. Have you read about grievous's history and how he became a general? Its kinda cool. I think they could have made him more of a bad@$$ in the movies but oh well.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

Darth Vaga
Knight Sergeant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2013, 11:14:55 PM »

i know his history some what and i like him in general as well but the only guy in the series to have a staff saber they kill off after a five minute fight

“Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It”s about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.”¯

“This is the way of our Order. An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal.”¯
-Darth Zannah

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »

I know it has been said before, but I think Dooku would have been better used as a Dark Jedi than a Sith Lord. It would have added a little more depth to his character than just calling him a Sith. I realize he technically is a Dark Jedi (Fallen Jedi) but I think, this should have been explored more, instead of just calling him another Sith. He really is a character they could have done a lot more with. Maybe him and Maul leading the Seperatist army together.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2013, 03:03:18 AM »

I know it has been said before, but I think Dooku would have been better used as a Dark Jedi than a Sith Lord. It would have added a little more depth to his character than just calling him a Sith. I realize he technically is a Dark Jedi (Fallen Jedi) but I think, this should have been explored more, instead of just calling him another Sith. He really is a character they could have done a lot more with. Maybe him and Maul leading the Seperatist army together.

I think it would have been interesting if he were a Jedi who peacefully left the Republic for political reasons (without falling to the Dark Side). If that were the case, it would have made more sense for the Council to assume that he was just an idealist at the beginning of AOTC.

At any rate, I feel like they intended to do a lot more with Dooku than they did. I doubt they would have hired Christopher Lee, one of the greatest actors of all time, if they had been planning for Dooku to be a fairly minor villain all along.

no

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »

I think it would have been interesting if he were a Jedi who peacefully left the Republic for political reasons (without falling to the Dark Side). If that were the case, it would have made more sense for the Council to assume that he was just an idealist at the beginning of AOTC.

At any rate, I feel like they intended to do a lot more with Dooku than they did. I doubt they would have hired Christopher Lee, one of the greatest actors of all time, if they had been planning for Dooku to be a fairly minor villain all along.
You know, Luna, that is an excellent thought. That would have made a much better and richer backstory for Dooku. It would also make his being referred to as Count Dooku make more sense. They never really do call him Tyranus and if he is now a Sith Lord, why not call yourself that? It is not like he is keeping it a secret so he can one day return to the Jedi order.

When I made my post, some how I knew it would catch your attention. Your thoughts did not dissappoint.

Point.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2013, 04:03:24 AM »

You know, Luna, that is an excellent thought. That would have made a much better and richer backstory for Dooku. It would also make his being referred to as Count Dooku make more sense. They never really do call him Tyranus and if he is now a Sith Lord, why not call yourself that? It is not like he is keeping it a secret so he can one day return to the Jedi order.

When I made my post, some how I knew it would catch your attention. Your thoughts did not dissappoint.

Point.

He kept the name Count Dooku because the Sith were waging a shadow war against the republic and the Jedi, using the separatists as proxies.  Dooku was the public figurehead of the separatists.  The Sith would not have garnered such support if they revealed their true identities.  By using Count Dooku, a once respected Jedi turned political idealist, they gathered much more support.

True, the Jedi knew he was Sith at the end of Episode 2, but having the Jedi name him that during wartime can seem like propaganda. 

Darth Vaga
Knight Sergeant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2013, 04:22:49 AM »

maul and dooku fighting for the title of apprentice ...maybe.... no i take it back i like the dooku fallen jedi idea better

-Darth Zannah

Darth Vaga
Knight Sergeant

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »

deeper tangent on dooku fallen jedi would have been nice i agree

-Darth Zannah

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2013, 06:44:21 AM »

Personally, I think the entire usage of the Sith idea in the prequels was unnecessary. Now, I am not trying to start another argument about Jedi vs Sith or even down play the existance of the Sith. But it just seems like an unecessary sub-plot to me in the prequels. In the OT, The Emperor and Vader never talk about the Sith. Up until ROTJ, it is not clear if The Emperor is really into the Force or not. He could have just been some old guy who used Vader as muscle.

Then the prequels come along and mention the Sith. But Palpatine is not trying to revive the Sith Empire, he is trying to make his own empire. I think this angle would have been better to play up rather than the, "We have been in the shadows all of these years," plot line. To me, Sidious, Dooku and Maul do not really feel like Sith Lords. This is not to say they are bad characters, but they seem to have nothing tie them togther other than red lightsabers.

I am fine with the Sith's existance in the Star Wars universe. But I think the prequels would have been better served to treat the Sith as something the "was" and is no more, and have Palaptine portrayed more as a wanna-be that dabbled in the arts rather than a master of them. I like his backstory of being a collector of Sith lore rather than him being an actual Sith Lord. And all of this would have made Dooku, a former Jedi, that much more important to the destruction of the Republic plan.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »

Personally, I think the entire usage of the Sith idea in the prequels was unnecessary. Now, I am not trying to start another argument about Jedi vs Sith or even down play the existance of the Sith. But it just seems like an unecessary sub-plot to me in the prequels. In the OT, The Emperor and Vader never talk about the Sith. Up until ROTJ, it is not clear if The Emperor is really into the Force or not. He could have just been some old guy who used Vader as muscle.

Then the prequels come along and mention the Sith. But Palpatine is not trying to revive the Sith Empire, he is trying to make his own empire. I think this angle would have been better to play up rather than the, "We have been in the shadows all of these years," plot line. To me, Sidious, Dooku and Maul do not really feel like Sith Lords. This is not to say they are bad characters, but they seem to have nothing tie them togther other than red lightsabers.

I am fine with the Sith's existance in the Star Wars universe. But I think the prequels would have been better served to treat the Sith as something the "was" and is no more, and have Palaptine portrayed more as a wanna-be that dabbled in the arts rather than a master of them. I like his backstory of being a collector of Sith lore rather than him being an actual Sith Lord. And all of this would have made Dooku, a former Jedi, that much more important to the destruction of the Republic plan.

All my points are belong to you! Seriously, very well said and I agree completely. Besides, if Pruneface is only a pretender that managed to stumble upon some small level of power that he was able to refine over the years, it further solidifies Obi-Wan's claim on the Death Star. After all, how can a dead Jedi (One with the Force) become more powerful than a Sith Lord can imagine? Especially if this particular Sith Lord (Vader) studied under Pruneface, fought Dooku, heard tales of Plagius (sp?), saw Maul firsthand, and had years of study of other Sith Lords? I mean, if these are all such great, wonderful, and powerful Sith, then a dead Jedi must be nearly infinitely powerful.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »

All my points are belong to you! Seriously, very well said and I agree completely. Besides, if Pruneface is only a pretender that managed to stumble upon some small level of power that he was able to refine over the years, it further solidifies Obi-Wan's claim on the Death Star. After all, how can a dead Jedi (One with the Force) become more powerful than a Sith Lord can imagine? Especially if this particular Sith Lord (Vader) studied under Pruneface, fought Dooku, heard tales of Plagius (sp?), saw Maul firsthand, and had years of study of other Sith Lords? I mean, if these are all such great, wonderful, and powerful Sith, then a dead Jedi must be nearly infinitely powerful.

I would argue that Obi-Wan's claim is made solid in that, unlike Palpatine's promise, a Jedi with proper training can truly transcend death.  The Sith to use the Force to their ends - a Jedi who transcends death as Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Qui-Gon do becomes one with the Force, a much deeper bond.

Anakin might have been capable of their level of power - had he been undamaged physically.  But the injuries he suffered placed him into the armor, which hindered his power greatly.  While still powerful, he was a shadow of what he could have been.

You're also assuming that Palpatine taught him everything...  Palpatine may have quite deliberately held back.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »

I would argue that Obi-Wan's claim is made solid in that, unlike Palpatine's promise, a Jedi with proper training can truly transcend death.  The Sith to use the Force to their ends - a Jedi who transcends death as Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Qui-Gon do becomes one with the Force, a much deeper bond.

Anakin might have been capable of their level of power - had he been undamaged physically.  But the injuries he suffered placed him into the armor, which hindered his power greatly.  While still powerful, he was a shadow of what he could have been.

You're also assuming that Palpatine taught him everything...  Palpatine may have quite deliberately held back.

Very true and good points. Mostly, I just wrote that to be ragging on the Sith Wink just being silly

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »

Is it just me...or would it seem that even though Vader was in that armor 24/7/365 that he probably did not stink as bad as Palpatine did? I mean pruney looks like he would really smell something awful...all roasted rotten meat kind of smelly...those gross folds and deep wrinkles filled with sith stench and dark side ichor...if he smells like he looks, then he could make skunks faint or even die at first whiff.

Undecided

Light side points please Smiley

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »

Dark side points please

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: