Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945777 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

That's pretty much what I meant, really.   As a fiction writer myself, I think it's kind of hilarious that fans will bang their fist on the table and be like, "BUT CANON SAYS!!!"

Canon . . . is still fiction.  It's all fiction.   Cheesy  It's so silly that people try to dictate the reality . . . of fiction. The fun part of fiction is that it's so flexible. 

Yes, but with something like this, the canon is one giant story.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2015, 12:06:16 AM »

Canon often makes a cognitive error and I just ignore it.  Or I rewrite it to suit my reality.  Lot of interesting angles to explore, even if no one ever reads it but a handful of your friends, or even just yourself.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #857 on: June 17, 2015, 02:45:31 AM »

Midichlorians are canon... amazing how they are never mentioned again after Ep. I

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #858 on: June 17, 2015, 02:27:33 PM »

Midichlorians are canon... amazing how they are never mentioned again after Ep. I

Ep III, Palpatine explains that Plagueis "could influence the midichlorians to create life."

But that is something I have oftened been disgruntled at with canon. Once it's been done and mass distributed to those that keep it (aka the fans) it is carved in stone. I know everyone rags on the prequels, but for good reason, there was so much wrong with them, that ideally we can't do anything about. Like Jar-Jar <cringes>.

I too hated the whole midichlorian concept. It was like saying the size of the mitochondria in your cells determines how strong a connection you have to God, and therefore how "Holy" you are. It just kinda put an unneccessary limit on the all-powerful Force.

I also hated how they pussed out General Grievous. I know Gendy Tartikovski managed to explain the cough before Clone Wars replaced Clone Wars as canon (bull$#!%), but he's like 85%
machine, this should not effect his ability to deal death. I also understand that they were trying to paint Obi-Wan as a total bad@$$ with a saber (after all he did punk out Maul, and he was no slouch), but c'mon, Grievous only fights him for 5 measly seconds? What happened to this death machine we were promised?

RRRRRRRRRR. I just wish there were a simpler way to make things better without all the confusion, and worse politics.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:34:21 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #859 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »

Doesn't Palpetine mention them briefly to Anakin in Ep3 during the opera scene?   

Maybe some day Disney will remove the prequel trilogy from "canon" and we'll never have to speak of them again.   Grin

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #860 on: June 17, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »

I know everyone rags on the prequels,

Not everyone rags on the prequels you know.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #861 on: June 17, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »

What bothers me most about the concept of "canon" in any fandom is when people get staunchly fixated on a (usually minor) detail and somehow insist that it is the entire key to understanding that particular universe . . . when really, it's just their perception and interpretation of it.  No, I'm not referencing anyone here.  Don't get your knickers in a knot.   Wink  I'm talking about something like, "This superhero's cape is THIS SHADE of blue in this comic/movie but it's one shade darker/lighter here.  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.  That color has loads of absolute poppycock symbolism and HOW DARE THEY CHANGE IT."

I visit this board because people here don't act like that.   But I will say this . . .

I am a huge fan of the prequels.  I make zero apologies for what others might think of that.  Behold the field in which I grow my #$*@s and see that it is barren!  Cheesy   The one thing that's so great about Star Wars is that there is literally something for everyone to relate to on some level.  

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #862 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »

Not everyone rags on the prequels you know.

Ok, maybe only 95%  Wink

What bothers me most about the concept of "canon" in any fandom is when people get staunchly fixated on a (usually minor) detail and somehow insist that it is the entire key to understanding that particular universe . . . when really, it's just their perception and interpretation of it.  No, I'm not referencing anyone here.  Don't get your knickers in a knot.   Wink  I'm talking about something like, "This superhero's cape is THIS SHADE of blue in this comic/movie but it's one shade darker/lighter here.  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.  That color has loads of absolute poppycock symbolism and HOW DARE THEY CHANGE IT."

I visit this board because people here don't act like that.   But I will say this . . .

I am a huge fan of the prequels.  I make zero apologies for what others might think of that.  Behold the field in which I grow my #$*@s and see that it is barren!  Cheesy   The one thing that's so great about Star Wars is that there is literally something for everyone to relate to on some level. 

I can't say that the prequels were all bad. For the most part, my beef is merely what I deem as bad movie making versus bad story telling. And some things were done exceptionally right. PODRACING! Yeeeaaaahhhh Booooyyyy! And no one can deny that Ep III gave us some of the best saber duels to ever hit the big screen (thus far). The plot was actually good, I just didn't like the way they told it.

I sincerely appreciate attention to detail, but I won't hate on a series that doesn't stick to it. I nearly busted a nut the first time I saw Firefly when they busted out Vera to fire in space. The first time that someone actually got it right that there is no sound in space. (UGH so good) Conversely, it bugged me in Ep II with the seismic charges over Geonosis, for several reasons, but I choose to ignore them because it was a cool visual and a neat idea even if the science may be skewed.

Sig by For Tyeth

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #863 on: June 17, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »

And no one can deny that Ep III gave us some of the best saber duels to ever hit the big screen (thus far).

There was a good lightsaber duel in Ep III?   Which one?    Dooku vs. Ani (& Obi) at the beginning?   Cool

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #864 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »

There was a good lightsaber duel in Ep III?   Which one?    Dooku vs. Ani (& Obi) at the beginning?   Cool

~¿~  <fingers closing>

That one. The battle at Mustafar was good. Yoda v. Sidious. Sidious v. Mace and company left me limp. But the worst was Obi v. Grievous. The LEGO SW game sequence better than that one.

Sig by For Tyeth

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #865 on: June 17, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »

The prequels were certainly not all bad, there was just enough of it to make it easy to fixate on negative.  If nothing else all three movies took lightsabers duels to new levels.  The first saberstaff, a CG muppet flying around battling a surprisingly spry 80 year old, to the final battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin.  My all-time favorite is still the one between Luke and Vader in the Emperor's throne room, but as far as choreography and special effects go the prequels are hard to beat. 

If the writing and directing had just been better....   Undecided

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #866 on: June 17, 2015, 08:48:07 PM »

IKR?

Sig by For Tyeth

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #867 on: June 18, 2015, 12:03:09 AM »

~¿~  <fingers closing>

That one. The battle at Mustafar was good. Yoda v. Sidious. Sidious v. Mace and company left me limp. But the worst was Obi v. Grievous. The LEGO SW game sequence better than that one.

Actually you reminded me Sidious vs. Mace was pretty decent.

Battle of Mustafar... Oh yeah the one that was 4-5 times longer than it needed to be, filled to the brim with unnecessary fluff and flourish... Too much form over function...  Quantity over quality....   Was it epic?   Epic bore maybe.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #868 on: June 18, 2015, 04:17:26 AM »

I really liked the choreography for a lot of the fighting in Episode I.  As a person trained to use a staff, I appreciated what they did with Maul's staff work.   And I will stand firmly in my love of all things Qui-Gon Jinn.

Haters gonna hate.  Cool 

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #869 on: June 18, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »

I really liked the choreography for a lot of the fighting in Episode I.  As a person trained to use a staff, I appreciated what they did with Maul's staff work.   And I will stand firmly in my love of all things Qui-Gon Jinn.

The duel at the end of ep1 was my favourite of the prequels.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: