Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945780 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1380 on: June 15, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

She was old enough to know her name when she was left on Jakku and old enough to have rudimentary reading skills..enough to expand on.  She was shown to obviously pick up things quickly.  In the years she was on Jakku she learned multiple languages, how to pilot and work on starships and all around survive...most likely through the Force. 

Actually, she didn't "know" how to fly when she climbed aboard the Falcon. That was part of her awakening. I also found it a bit hinky that she could understand BB-8 when everyone else needed an interpreter.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1381 on: June 15, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »

Actually, she didn't "know" how to fly when she climbed aboard the Falcon. That was part of her awakening. I also found it a bit hinky that she could understand BB-8 when everyone else needed an interpreter.

The only way I can begin to excuse her knowing how to fly the Falcon is if she is Kylo Ren's sister, meaning she literally grew up on the Falcon and still has procedural memories related to things Han taught her when she was little.  That's one of the reasons I feel that Rey HAS to be a Solo for things to make any sense.

But then...the way Rey was written is my one major sticking point with TFA.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1382 on: June 15, 2016, 04:10:39 PM »

The only way I can begin to excuse her knowing how to fly the Falcon is if she is Kylo Ren's sister, meaning she literally grew up on the Falcon and still has procedural memories related to things Han taught her when she was little.  That's one of the reasons I feel that Rey HAS to be a Solo for things to make any sense.

But then...the way Rey was written is my one major sticking point with TFA.

She says in the movie, she didn't know what she was doing at all.

I do feel though that Rey is supposed to replace Jaina Solo. And what I gather from the most popular images of Jaina, she is a "Rebel" pilot of considerable skill.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1383 on: June 15, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »

Rey said she was a pilot while they were running towards the quad jumper.  So it is likely she could fly, just needed to get the hang of the Falcon's unusual controls and handling aspects.  That she picked up on that fast means she is either a rather good pilot or the Force helps her reflexes as it did Anakin or Luke in their youths, before training.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1384 on: June 15, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »

Rey said she was a pilot while they were running towards the quad jumper.  So it is likely she could fly, just needed to get the hang of the Falcon's unusual controls and handling aspects.  That she picked up on that fast means she is either a rather good pilot or the Force helps her reflexes as it did Anakin or Luke in their youths, before training.

Apparently we're going to have to watch it again.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1385 on: June 15, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »

Are we 100% sure Rey remembers her name?  Considering that Rebel helmet she has says "Dosmit Ræh" on it, I'm not entirely sure she does.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1386 on: June 21, 2016, 11:20:42 AM »

This morning (Yes, already 1 PM here Wink ) was the national Physics exam for kids in their last year of high school (we call that Baccalauréat) ...

And the 3rd exercice proposed to calculate the size of Tatoo 1 and 2 and their weight ... and the characteristic of the orbit of Tatooine Smiley

We usually make that in university because we are free but it is really unusual (and fun) that the gov (who manage this exam) allows this type of questions Wink

For those who can read a little of french, the intro of the exercice:

Illustration

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1387 on: June 21, 2016, 01:02:25 PM »

My skill at reading French is limited (Spanish does NOT help as much as it does with Italian or Portuguese), but that is really cool!  I wonder how much they had to pay in royalties to be allowed to do that?

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1388 on: June 21, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »

My skill at reading French is limited (Spanish does NOT help as much as it does with Italian or Portuguese), but that is really cool!  I wonder how much they had to pay in royalties to be allowed to do that?

Good question ... Maybe Disney was cool about that considering the age of the teenager passing the exam ... Or maybe they ask for millions as now, french kids make a link between Star Wars and Physic exam and they will avoid theaters during the next movies lol

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1389 on: June 21, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »

Good question ... Maybe Disney was cool about that considering the age of the teenager passing the exam ... Or maybe they ask for millions as now, french kids make a link between Star Wars and Physic exam and they will avoid theaters during the next movies lol

I don't think Disney needed to sue for royalties since it was not-for-profit. NTM, buzz is buzz. How stupid would Disney be if they smacked someone for hyping their product without consent?

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »

I don't think Disney needed to sue for royalties since it was not-for-profit. NTM, buzz is buzz. How stupid would Disney be if they smacked someone for hyping their product without consent?
There it is.  Disney couldn't care less, if no money is involved. Smiley

Plus, it's almost like a free advertisement for them.

Logos' has it figured out. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1391 on: June 22, 2016, 08:01:55 PM »

Per the book of short stories for her, Poe and Finn, which is canon, she spent a LOT of her free time playing with a piloting simulator she cobbled together.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1392 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:49 PM »

Per the book of short stories for her, Poe and Finn, which is canon, she spent a LOT of her free time playing with a piloting simulator she cobbled together.

How realistically could she have programmed a simulator without any coding knowledge or resources?  It's not like she has a library where she should've been able to learn that.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1393 on: June 22, 2016, 08:19:07 PM »

Cobbled together from what?

How realistically could she have programmed a simulator without any coding knowledge or resources?  It's not like she has a library where she should've been able to learn that.
My very next question. How accurate can a child program a flight sim?

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1394 on: June 22, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »

Would she even need to have programmed it?
It really depends on the state of disrepair.

I'd argue she had plenty of resources at her disposal, she just needed the time to find them.

Not necessarily defending her for any reason other than I find her cobbling something like that together totally acceptable and reasonable unless it explicitly stated she had to recode it or something of that sort. Even then we don't really know how programs like that work in the SW universe.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: