Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945721 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1440 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:00 PM »

I like the theory of Snoke himself not being a force user, but someone knowledgeable of it.  We are shown in Aftermath ole Papa Palpatine had just such a person in his inner circle.  There is also the theory that Snoke is new Canon version of Abeloth..but I think that one is a bit over the top.  The interesting thing to me is how Leia spoke of Snoke..as if he was someone they knew of beforehand.  Considering Bloodline gives us a time-frame of 6 years before TFA and TFO and Snoke are still in the shadows.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1441 on: July 02, 2016, 12:30:30 AM »

Snoke is a body jumper, with the plan to possess Kylo. Kylo's helmet has a strong influence on him, turning him to the dark side and causing the rage fits. He is conflicted, because the helmet and Snoke are influencing him. Read Book of Sith. All such abilities are mentioned there as is Kylo's extreme interrogation method.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1442 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:33 AM »

I like the theory of Snoke himself not being a force user, but someone knowledgeable of it.  We are shown in Aftermath ole Papa Palpatine had just such a person in his inner circle.  There is also the theory that Snoke is new Canon version of Abeloth..but I think that one is a bit over the top.  The interesting thing to me is how Leia spoke of Snoke..as if he was someone they knew of beforehand.  Considering Bloodline gives us a time-frame of 6 years before TFA and TFO and Snoke are still in the shadows.

I have considered the theory that Snoke might not have the Force at all, and while quite interesting, I'm not sure how he would have felt the awakening in the Force on his own otherwise.  He presented that to Kylo as a fact that he was absolutely certain of.  And like my Inquisitor scenario, ANY slip-up that suggested to Kylo that he wasn't as powerful as he seemed to be, any chance at all of getting something like that wrong that Kylo could essentially fact-check him through the Force on, would IMO be too great of a gamble.  (An Inquisitor, in contrast, would have a lot less chance of getting busted like that, even if he is still a sort of paper tiger.)

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1443 on: July 02, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »

There is the possibility that Snoke is rather weak in the Force, just very old.  A mirror of Maz Kanata who is weak in the Force and never a Jedi.  But after a thousand years might have developed the ability to use a few powers, and has a connection with the Force.  Enough to sense things at least.  Snoke could have been some Sith follower from the time of fall of the Sith Empire and the surviving of Darth Bane, but never strong enough to be a Sith Lord or even a hidden apprentice.  Just someone who watched from the shadows for centuries.  Waiting....

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1444 on: July 05, 2016, 07:13:55 PM »

In SWTOR, Vitiate (or Valkorion, as I "know" him best) did indeed find such a way to hang on after death, and tried to start another Empire he saw as being "beyond" notions of the Light and Dark sides.  Which to me does hold possible echoes of Snoke's philosophy, if you look at the scenes that were cut from TFA (about why he has chosen to use Kylo).

Or was this one of those "essence transfer" deals? Valkorion is genetically a human with possessed of Vitiate's spirit?

I like the theory of Snoke himself not being a force user, but someone knowledgeable of it.  We are shown in Aftermath ole Papa Palpatine had just such a person in his inner circle.  There is also the theory that Snoke is new Canon version of Abeloth..but I think that one is a bit over the top.  The interesting thing to me is how Leia spoke of Snoke..as if he was someone they knew of beforehand.  Considering Bloodline gives us a time-frame of 6 years before TFA and TFO and Snoke are still in the shadows.
Whoever Abeloth is...

Snoke is a body jumper, with the plan to possess Kylo. Kylo's helmet has a strong influence on him, turning him to the dark side and causing the rage fits. He is conflicted, because the helmet and Snoke are influencing him. Read Book of Sith. All such abilities are mentioned there as is Kylo's extreme interrogation method.
I kinda like your take on the helmet. Considering Ol' Papa Palpatine, the EpIII visual dictionary showed a cutaway of Grievous' head. Apparently he had a control chip installed. NTM the chips that turned the clones against the Jedi.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1445 on: July 05, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »

I'm not 100% clear on whether Valkorion is in a possession situation, though it's possible.  In SWTOR, Darth Zash attempted to steal her apprentice's body, though it backfired and she got stuck inside a Dashade who was bound to the apprentice's service.  Oops. Wink

Whatever the case, whether he literally reanimated himself to become Valkorion or whether he took someone else's body, I think either is enough to make Valkorion an incredibly dangerous candidate for being Snoke.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1446 on: July 05, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »

I'm not 100% clear on whether Valkorion is in a possession situation, though it's possible.  In SWTOR, Darth Zash attempted to steal her apprentice's body, though it backfired and she got stuck inside a Dashade who was bound to the apprentice's service.  Oops. Wink

Whatever the case, whether he literally reanimated himself to become Valkorion or whether he took someone else's body, I think either is enough to make Valkorion an incredibly dangerous candidate for being Snoke.

The essence transfer was the calling card of another Sith Lord that was revered as a god, before the time of Darth Bane. He sought to claim this knowledge when he felt that Zannah would never challenge him for the position of Master. He endeavored the ritual in a last ditch effort to defeat her, but the success was left to speculation at the end of Dynasty of Evil.

It is quite possible that a similar ritual could have been used by Vitiate. However, even in the time of Revan, he had already achieved immortality. A trait he later bestowed upon the Emperor's Wrath, Lord Scourge. However, it is highly unlikely that he could have failed enough against the Republic to want to jump ship from the defeated Sith and start a brand new Empire under the guise of Valkorian.

It just rubs me as bad story telling, again for the sake of being edgy. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1447 on: July 08, 2016, 01:27:11 AM »

The essence transfer was the calling card of another Sith Lord that was revered as a god, before the time of Darth Bane. He sought to claim this knowledge when he felt that Zannah would never challenge him for the position of Master. He endeavored the ritual in a last ditch effort to defeat her, but the success was left to speculation at the end of Dynasty of Evil.

It is quite possible that a similar ritual could have been used by Vitiate. However, even in the time of Revan, he had already achieved immortality. A trait he later bestowed upon the Emperor's Wrath, Lord Scourge. However, it is highly unlikely that he could have failed enough against the Republic to want to jump ship from the defeated Sith and start a brand new Empire under the guise of Valkorian.

It just rubs me as bad story telling, again for the sake of being edgy. Angry

More like new content to sell Subscriptions

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1448 on: July 08, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »

More like new content to sell Subscriptions

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1449 on: July 11, 2016, 04:49:58 AM »

This one's for you, Logos, and anyone else who thought Kylo really got screwed over by the writers in the Starkiller Base duel with Rey.

If you ignore all of the little-kid silliness included in the Lego version (not faulting them for that--it IS meant to be friendly to small children), it appears that the Lego version of the duel actually gets rid of Rey the Mary Sue and makes the duel conclude in a way where we really can't tell who would've won, and Kylo isn't made temporarily stupid by the writers.  Even if you ignore the intentionally hammy "Emperor expy" dialogue they give him in the Legoverse (but again, this is for LITTLE kids!), the POINT of this version of the duel definitely seems to be much more effective than the one in the actual movie. O_O

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3tM37gf_A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3tM37gf_A</a>

(And of course I LOVE the hilarious line they got Adam Driver to record...that is absolutely awesome!!!)

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1450 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »

Good one DJ -1

HA! ("I could just walk over...")

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1451 on: July 11, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »

I know, I LOVED that line! Cheesy

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1452 on: July 11, 2016, 05:16:17 PM »

This one's for you, Logos, and anyone else who thought Kylo really got screwed over by the writers in the Starkiller Base duel with Rey.

If you ignore all of the little-kid silliness included in the Lego version (not faulting them for that--it IS meant to be friendly to small children), it appears that the Lego version of the duel actually gets rid of Rey the Mary Sue and makes the duel conclude in a way where we really can't tell who would've won, and Kylo isn't made temporarily stupid by the writers.  Even if you ignore the intentionally hammy "Emperor expy" dialogue they give him in the Legoverse (but again, this is for LITTLE kids!), the POINT of this version of the duel definitely seems to be much more effective than the one in the actual movie. O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox3tM37gf_A

(And of course I LOVE the hilarious line they got Adam Driver to record...that is absolutely awesome!!!)

Maybe, but I've always allowed Tt to have their fun with silliness at inappropriate times. It's the primary reason I keep going back, after being phenomenally retarded for LEGOs. Haven't played the new Ep7 yet, but looking forward to it. Funds look a bit sparse this month.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1453 on: July 12, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »

Oh, it does line up with Ren on the precipice, for sure.  But if Poe was wrong with Starkiller (yes there's a firing sequence, but he acted like once that sequence is underway you're 100% screwed...wrong, flyboy!), I think it fundamentally causes the other instance to be called into question.  That's why I think it's intentional: that an obvious surface interpretation was put out there on purpose as a red herring, but as soon as you dig even slightly into it, it absolutely falls apart and things are suddenly nowhere near as clear as they seemed.

The fact Poe's error causes the "obvious" interpretation of the Ren scene to collapse is, in my personal opinion, of major significance.

Oh, and just for humor...thought you might enjoy this video because it reminds me of our discussions. Cheesy  (Well, minus the part where it all goes to hell in the middle. Wink )

I don't think it was intended to read that deep. I looked at as "If we can't destroyed this thing before it's fully charged, 3PO's gonna get on the comm and tell us the odds, effectively letting us know what losers we are because we have seconds to do hours worth of damage."

Thrawn Trilogy ... Legacy .... i really love these stories ...

Yes. Yes. YES! I was so hopeful that Cumberbatch was slated to play Thrawn.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1454 on: July 12, 2016, 08:50:12 PM »

I don't think it was intended to read that deep. I looked at as "If we can't destroyed this thing before it's fully charged, 3PO's gonna get on the comm and tell us the odds, effectively letting us know what losers we are because we have seconds to do hours worth of damage."

Yes. Yes. YES! I was so hopeful that Cumberbatch was slated to play Thrawn.

And Karen Gillian as Mara Jade Wink

LucasFilm decided to reboot the universe for reason i do not like but that is a fact.

Now, i am waiting for Ep. VIII with hope ... we will see Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: