Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946042 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1650 on: September 28, 2016, 05:25:09 AM »

Snoke being the Grand Inquisitor is one of the few Theory's than makes some sense. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1651 on: September 28, 2016, 05:33:13 AM »

What appeared to Kanan to knight him? A vision of the Inquisitor or a ghost of the Inquisitor? Or, was he not dead?

Sources of cut scenes say Maz is very old and a strong force user. If Disney is throwing in long living force users who learn the force without Sith or Jedi training, Snoke could be anything they want him to be.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1652 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »

What appeared to Kanan to knight him? A vision of the Inquisitor or a ghost of the Inquisitor? Or, was he not dead?

I think it was just a Force Vision using the likeness of the inquisitor

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1653 on: September 28, 2016, 05:41:42 AM »

Sources of cut scenes say Maz is very old and a strong force user. If Disney is throwing in long living force users who learn the force without Sith or Jedi training, Snoke could be anything they want him to be.

I believe it was a vision, but isn't the Inquisitor a former guard at the temple with alot of knowledge of how the Jedi work? Leader of the Inquisitors? Something like that?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1654 on: September 28, 2016, 05:54:09 AM »

I believe it was a vision, but isn't the Inquisitor a former guard at the temple with alot of knowledge of how the Jedi work? Leader of the Inquisitors? Something like that?

Yes. The vision made it clear that he was a Temple Guard. Other sources reveal that the Emperor utilized weaker Jedi to serve him. There wasn't just Vader and Palpatine. There were also multiple former padawans throughout the Republic/Empire that were made to serve. The red uniforms were former Temple Guards made to protect the Emperor.

I just remember this feeling that it was more than a vision the first time I saw it. Like he was alive or a spirit. It would kinda make sense that he faked his death, not actual suicide. If he feels so bad about becoming dark, then he could join Kanan. But, no. Jump to his death when he was fighting to win moments ago. If faking his death was his way of escaping Palpatine, he could've gone to study and develop into Snoke now. He didn't feel bad about being dark. He just used Kanan's presence to fake his death. It will be reported that Kanan defeated the Inquisitor, freeing him to prepare as long as he needs, since they live long.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1655 on: September 28, 2016, 05:56:49 AM »

Yes. The vision made it clear that he was a Temple Guard. Other sources reveal that the Emperor utilized weaker Jedi to serve him. There wasn't just Vader and Palpatine. There were also multiple former padawans throughout the Republic/Empire that were made to serve. The red uniforms were former Temple Guards made to protect the Emperor.

I just remember this feeling that it was more than a vision the first time I saw it. Like he was alive or a spirit. It would kinda make sense that he faked his death, not actual suicide. If he feels so bad about becoming dark, then he could join Kanan. But, no. Jump to his death when he was fighting to win moments ago. If faking his death was his way of escaping Palpatine, he could've gone to study and develop into Snoke now. He didn't feel bad about being dark. He just used Kanan's presence to fake his death. It will be reported that Kanan defeated the Inquisitor, freeing him to prepare as long as he needs, since they live long.

I don't think any Canon sources show the Imperial (Crimson) Guard as being force sensitive.  The only mention of them in the New canon I can recall is in the book Dark Lords of the Sith  where 3 are shown. Two were just normal people and one was a Clone.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1656 on: September 28, 2016, 06:21:47 AM »

It was in Book of Sith, I think. And one of Disney's informational books. I forget which. Maybe a reference to it in the comic Lando??

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1657 on: September 28, 2016, 06:36:39 AM »

Force vision, inside a Jedi Temple, from Yoda.  In the likeness of what the Grand Inquisitor was before the purge....a Jedi Temple Guard.  Symbolism from Yoda to Kanan and a final test before knighting Kanan.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1658 on: September 28, 2016, 01:31:30 PM »

It was in Book of Sith, I think. And one of Disney's informational books. I forget which. Maybe a reference to it in the comic Lando??

I don't believe Book of Sith is canon anymore and Lando had 2 imperial guards in it but they were not Force Sensitive, they were corrupted by the dark side though since they were in a room full of Sith Artifacts.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1659 on: September 28, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »

How do I know about the trooper? Well... I thought I did, but as it turns out I don't. Went back to reference the movie for a scene I thought I had saw and it wasn't there. It may have been in a blooper reel or something. lol  Either way, she does show up as Dooku is departing from the area so she can't have been in that much immediate danger or else she handled it.
Yes, but Anakin is so worked up, he wouldn't have been able to sense that. As for the trooper, I think we see one fall with her, but the camera only focuses on her after the she hit ground.

And Leia is genetically a Skywalker whether she is Skywalker in name or not. They have a tendency to be extraordinarily strong in the Force. By all rights, I think she should have been able to see them at the end of RotJ. There's no indication that she doesn't see them but also no indication, as far as I can tell, that she does.
When she comes over and hugs Luke from behind, we don't hear what she says to him just before they turn away and go back to join the celebration.
[/quote]
Considering that she pretty much admits that she is oblivious to having it to Luke, I'm pretty certain she didn't see the spooks. Otherwise I think she would have been a little... Shocked

I thought about this as well. If so, then why did Obi Wan sit on the log with Luke in Return of the Jedi after Yoda died? Even when he's walking through the brush, branches move out of the way.
Kenobi was one with the Force. If the Force can be used to move things by exerting one's conscious will, it would make sense that a Force spirit that is powerful enough to take a corporeal form and engage in conversation, would interact with the physical world as though they still had a physical body. Same kind of idea as a phantom limb, only more extreme. The spirit's consciousness still thinks like a physical being: I need to move around an obstacle. I need to sit down. They could actually have some serious fun with this concept.

Perhaps it's because he's materialised into the physical realm far enough...

Also, I read a theory that Leia had more than one child...
I believe the OC has the Solo kid count at 3. The twins Jayna and Jaycen (later to be Darth Caedus) and then Anakin.

I think you are taking that WAY too seriously....
Which part? Roll Eyes

One of the popular OC habits of the Emperor was to enslave former LS users to the dark side by breaking their will. It is possible that the spirit of the Grand Inq. had some redeemable qualities and therefore lingered, similar to how Vader had not completely "destroyed" Anakin.

But yes, the Grand Inq. is very much dead. He dropped himself into the exploding reactor in the S1 finale.

I don't think any Canon sources show the Imperial (Crimson) Guard as being force sensitive.  The only mention of them in the New canon I can recall is in the book Dark Lords of the Sith  where 3 are shown. Two were just normal people and one was a Clone.
From what I know, the Guard is formed by fanatics that have minimal Force sensitivity. For those that have read Dune, they are equal to the Sardaukar.

The Emperor has a deep seated (seeded?) fear of being usurped, so he wouldn't want any subordinates having too much potential. Same reason why Vader had sub-par cybernetics. It kept his use of the Force limited.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1660 on: September 28, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »

Considering that she pretty much admits that she is oblivious to having it to Luke, I'm pretty certain she didn't see the spooks. Otherwise I think she would have been a little... Shocked

Maybe. But there definitely is more to Leia than is shown in the movies. Don't think it's considerd 'canon' anymore but she did learn eventually in the books to use the Force at least a little.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1661 on: September 28, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »

Maybe. But there definitely is more to Leia than is shown in the movies. Don't think it's considerd 'canon' anymore but she did learn eventually in the books to use the Force at least a little.

Well yeah. Back when things used to be cool.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1662 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »

'You have a power I could never understand' is a bit like 'you want the impossible'. She's just in disbelief. Luke assured her she has that power too. Yoda said there is another. Some scripts may have meant a different character, but for the final intent of the film, that was about her. Yoda's statement was in the same movie that had Luke reach out to Leia. It's a mistake if Disney has her not develop it at least a little. It would be a mistake if Luke is anything other than insistent that she train, even if events reduce their contact and opportunity to a degree that she isn't in a large role of a Jedi knight.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1663 on: September 28, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »

'You have a power I could never understand' is a bit like 'you want the impossible'. She's just in disbelief. Luke assured her she has that power too. Yoda said there is another. Some scripts may have meant a different character, but for the final intent of the film, that was about her. Yoda's statement was in the same movie that had Luke reach out to Leia. It's a mistake if Disney has her not develop it at least a little. It would be a mistake if Luke is anything other than insistent that she train, even if events reduce their contact and opportunity to a degree that she isn't in a large role of a Jedi knight.

"You have a power that I....I don't understand, and could never have."
"You're wrong, Leia. You have that power, too. And in time, you'll learn to use it, as I have."

Yes, but that also implied that it has never manifested itself in a way that she would recognize as out of the ordinary. But I think that ship has already sailed. 30 years, and she still isn't kicking ass Jedi-style? Kind of a weak arc.

Sig by For Tyeth

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1664 on: September 28, 2016, 08:01:02 PM »

"You have a power that I....I don't understand, and could never have."
"You're wrong, Leia. You have that power, too. And in time, you'll learn to use it, as I have."

Yes, but that also implied that it has never manifested itself in a way that she would recognize as out of the ordinary. But I think that ship has already sailed. 30 years, and she still isn't kicking ass Jedi-style? Kind of a weak arc.

Lol! What a waste! Point well raised

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: