Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945655 times)
Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2010 on: December 22, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

I love it because it more than adequately solves the issue of how to land a TIE w/o having racks.

I always thought that the landing gear was somehow built into the wings. But that is a much better solution, I think.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2011 on: December 22, 2016, 05:28:22 PM »

Interesting.  The book is still considered legends but perhaps they will bring in the Zombies again...after all they had some Zombie like incident in Clone Wars.
Maybe the Han Solo movie will reference it. Although it would seem a bit gimmicky to involve zombies too heavily.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2012 on: December 22, 2016, 06:55:38 PM »

I always thought that the landing gear was somehow built into the wings. But that is a much better solution, I think.
Nope. According to OC, despite being structurally sound enough to land on the wing panels, the racks were needed for pilots to get in and out. So unless you had a ground crew with ladders on hand, it helped discourage pilot desertion. But this leads to a question I've had for decades...

Where does Luke get an X-Wing ladder on Dagobah?

Also I don't recall seeing a ladder when he left Hoth.

Interesting.  The book is still considered legends but perhaps they will bring in the Zombies again...after all they had some Zombie like incident in Clone Wars.
Please no.

Maybe the Han Solo movie will reference it. Although it would seem a bit gimmicky to involve zombies too heavily.
Let's us pray.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2013 on: December 23, 2016, 05:41:11 AM »

I thought the racks were to maximize vertical space. Weren't there TIEs parked on the ground in an episode of Rebels?

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2014 on: December 24, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »

Nope. According to OC, despite being structurally sound enough to land on the wing panels, the racks were needed for pilots to get in and out. So unless you had a ground crew with ladders on hand, it helped discourage pilot desertion. But this leads to a question I've had for decades...

Where does Luke get an X-Wing ladder on Dagobah?

Also I don't recall seeing a ladder when he left Hoth.

Again, this is probably showing how little I know about it. But the other day when I was watching that scene on Dagobah, I came up with the idea that the ladder must contract up and fold into the body of the X-Wing somehow... Because, one minute there it is and then it disappears in the next frame. It just isn't there anymore.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2015 on: December 24, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

Holographic Force ladders.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2016 on: December 24, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »

Yoda might have had one lying around

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2017 on: December 25, 2016, 03:48:47 AM »

I'm enjoying Tarkin's book quite a bit so far.  It took a little while to grab me, but I really, really like character backstory, so I hope that continues.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2018 on: December 28, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »

I thought the racks were to maximize vertical space. Weren't there TIEs parked on the ground in an episode of Rebels?

If you look, the racks are actually to a) allow easy ingress/egress and b) store them off the deck.

Ever notice how they're always parked out of the way of other craft?

If a "glitch" is a deviation from normal behavior in computer systems, and "personality" is the same in biological behavior, does that mean a personality unit for a droid is just a glitch processor?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2019 on: January 03, 2017, 03:35:57 PM »

In case not everyone has seen this yet:

The Originals (minus Mr. Daniels)

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2020 on: January 03, 2017, 05:35:33 PM »

In case not everyone has seen this yet:

The Originals (minus Mr. Daniels)
call me dumb but, who's the one in the glasses? Also, Harrison looks like George W

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2021 on: January 03, 2017, 05:39:16 PM »

call me dumb but, who's the one in the glasses? Also, Harrison looks like George W
Think about it......

I feel you Logos. TCW was an all over the place mess. It's almost like they aimed to have 2-3 episodes connect to each other, but not to the previous episodes or the upcoming ones, and often not to the greater overall story they were telling. Binge watching it makes it even more apparent.
(Picking up from another thread)
Exactly. Overall I liked about 15% of what I was watching, and that's being generous. 50% was just easily predicted kids' show junk, and the rest of the math was just sorely disappointing. After about season 3 or 4 it just seemed like they desperately trying to justify their continued airing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2022 on: January 03, 2017, 09:18:30 PM »

Think about it......

(Picking up from another thread)
Exactly. Overall I liked about 15% of what I was watching, and that's being generous. 50% was just easily predicted kids' show junk, and the rest of the math was just sorely disappointing. After about season 3 or 4 it just seemed like they desperately trying to justify their continued airing.

I couldn't stand seasons 1 and 2. 3 was better, especially once it got about 1/2 way through and Ahsoka finally grew up. 4 5 and 6 were all cool, it isn't the best animated show I have ever watched (that belongs to Young Justice), but they did some very cool things in it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2023 on: January 03, 2017, 10:07:50 PM »

I couldn't stand seasons 1 and 2. 3 was better, especially once it got about 1/2 way through and Ahsoka finally grew up. 4 5 and 6 were all cool, it isn't the best animated show I have ever watched (that belongs to Young Justice), but they did some very cool things in it.

Disagree. 1,2, & 3 were at least about the fighting in the war. 5 & 6 were terrible. I could count on one hand the number of times I didn't ask "Seriously?" to a plot point. Best moment in last 2 seasons: Sidious throwing down against the Maul-io Bros. That was proper Sith saber style. The Ahsoka expulsion arc was complete and utter BS. Since when do the Jedi rely solely on empirical evidence instead of sensing what lies beneath? And that series closer?.....Ugh. Gag me with something large and unpleasant. If Yoda is 200 years too young to live during the time of Bane, how does he know what he looks like?

I thought Death Watch was a ridiculous group of a-holes. Don't even get me started on the Dark Saber BS.

Plus...how are we supposed to know that this isn't Adi Gallia?

The scene doesn't exactly offer up a good still, but the garb is identical. Also, if you Google Image Adi Gallia death, you also find this clip. NTM this entire sequence is all death scenes of prominent Jedi Council members, so why would they put in a complete unknown? Having Opress kill Adi was a blatant whoops.

Sig by For Tyeth

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2024 on: January 03, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »

Since when do the Jedi rely solely on empirical evidence instead of sensing what lies beneath?

Wouldn't this show how the war has caused the Jedi to abandon their beliefs and subsequently motivate Ahsoka to leave the Order?

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: