Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945665 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2430 on: October 06, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

It's been a while since I read the Silmarillion, and I don't own it, so I haven't gotten to read it again. But from what I remember, there were many other creatures in Morgoth's day that don't even exist in the Third Age. Like Tepes said, they were all far more powerful then. I'm pretty sure there was a supercharged Balrog too, but I don't remember what happened to it. Also Ungoliant. She was mother of all Giant spiders like Shelob and the Mirkwood spiders. She tried to destroy Morgoth at least once when he didn't keep his promise to her. Shelob can't really even compare to her, other than that Shelob is more well known.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2431 on: October 06, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »

It's been a while since I read the Silmarillion, and I don't own it, so I haven't gotten to read it again. But from what I remember, there were many other creatures in Morgoth's day that don't even exist in the Third Age. Like Tepes said, they were all far more powerful then. I'm pretty sure there was a supercharged Balrog too, but I don't remember what happened to it. Also Ungoliant. She was mother of all Giant spiders like Shelob and the Mirkwood spiders. She tried to destroy Morgoth at least once when he didn't keep his promise to her. Shelob can't really even compare to her, other than that Shelob is more well known.

Very True, there is actually a metal song about Ungoliant and Morgoth stealing the Silmirils.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N193cy_oMeY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=N193cy_oMeY</a>

Gothmog was the leader of the Balrogs and was killed by Ecthelion, Lord of Gondolin.  To get to Gondolin the Balrogs rode on Dragons.....picture that.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2432 on: October 07, 2017, 03:35:08 AM »

Random thoughts? Well here we go.

I wonder if using Force lightning hurts the user's hand. I mean... lightning coming out of your fingers has to hurt.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2433 on: October 07, 2017, 03:36:16 AM »

I wonder if using Force lightning hurts the user's hand. I mean... lightning coming out of your fingers has to hurt.

Most likely, but Sith use pain to feed their anger

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2434 on: October 07, 2017, 03:38:04 AM »

Gothmog was the leader of the Balrogs and was killed by Ecthelion, Lord of Gondolin.  To get to Gondolin the Balrogs rode on Dragons.....picture that.

Right. I couldn't remember his name. Was there something special about the Werewolf that bit off Beren's hand? I can't remember if it was just a random Werewolf or not.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2435 on: October 07, 2017, 03:46:27 AM »

Right. I couldn't remember his name. Was there something special about the Werewolf that bit off Beren's hand? I can't remember if it was just a random Werewolf or not.

That was Carcharoth, largest and greatest werewolf to ever live.  He was guardian of Morgoths fortress.  When he swallowed Beren's hand with the Silmiril he went crazy with pain and power

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2436 on: October 07, 2017, 03:49:39 AM »

Fun fact: I know of (have never actually met them) some people named Beren, Cirdan and Silmaril. I imagine their parents are Tolkien fans.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2437 on: October 07, 2017, 03:59:30 AM »

Fun fact: I know of (have never actually met them) some people named Beren, Cirdan and Silmaril. I imagine their parents are Tolkien fans.

Or that is one heck of a coincidence Tongue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2438 on: October 07, 2017, 05:32:17 AM »

Or that is one heck of a coincidence Tongue

Beren and Cirden I could understand, but Silmaril is pushing it a little far for coincidence. There are so many cool names in Tolkien's books that I shouldn't have any problem finding names for my kids. Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2439 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »

From the Silmirillion. basically the Bible of middle Earth.  Tolkien was inspired by both his Faith and the Norse Sagas he loved.  

Sauron's minions were at one time Morgoth's minions; their appearance is in direct correlation to the Malice of Morgoth.  Sauron just took control of them after Morgoth's defeat.  Sauron controlled the orcs and other foul beings, they were actually quite disciplined considering their nature.  His desire was to control the will of every being...more Darkseid than Brainiac.   The creatures during Morgoth's reign were so much more powerful than in the Third Age under Sauron.  Ancalagon the Black, greatest of all Dragons was one.  

Have heard of the Sim...card....thing. Tongue Was this written by Tolkien or another inspired fan writer? Like how the sequels to Dune weren't done by Herbert?

I'm not well versed in DC lore. I just remember Brainiac from the animated Superman series on WB. The gist I was trying to paint was that Sauron was so singularly focused on one end that he had no qualms about how it was achieved or his perception of that end.

I thought Gothmog was the Orc general in RotK.

Sith training 101: Deal with it.

I went to college with a girl name Lorien.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2440 on: October 09, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

Have heard of the Sim...card....thing. Tongue Was this written by Tolkien or another inspired fan writer? Like how the sequels to Dune weren't done by Herbert?

All of the Middle-Earth stories were written by Tolkien, though some of them had to be finished and a lot of the published by his son Christopher.

That may have been as well, I haven't watched the movies in 2 years, and haven't read the books in over 3, so I don't remember for sure.

I went to college with a girl name Lorien.

Nice. Was it actually Lorian, or was it short for Lothlorian?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2441 on: October 09, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »

All of the Middle-Earth stories were written by Tolkien, though some of them had to be finished and a lot of the published by his son Christopher.

Then I shall accept this as all valid canon info.

That may have been as well, I haven't watched the movies in 2 years, and haven't read the books in over 3, so I don't remember for sure.

You never hear his name in the movie. He just shows up pale and butt ugly. After seeing the first 2 Hobbits I suspected that he was Azog, seeing as how both were pale Orcs, and in leadership roles.

Nice. Was it actually Lorian, or was it short for Lothlorian?

No, it was Lorien. And yes. He parents were huge LOTR fans. Her middle name was Arandel.

Not sure if you're having auto-correct issues, but take a look in the middle of the map.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2442 on: October 09, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »

Then I shall accept this as all valid canon info.
You never hear his name in the movie. He just shows up pale and butt ugly. After seeing the first 2 Hobbits I suspected that he was Azog, seeing as how both were pale Orcs, and in leadership roles.
No, it was Lorien. And yes. He parents were huge LOTR fans. Her middle name was Arandel.

Not sure if you're having auto-correct issues, but take a look in the middle of the map.

We can blame it on auto-correct, but the truth is, I just wasn't thinking about what I was spelling.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2443 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »

I'm not well versed in DC lore. I just remember Brainiac from the animated Superman series on WB. The gist I was trying to paint was that Sauron was so singularly focused on one end that he had no qualms about how it was achieved or his perception of that end.

As Taegin said, there have been no "fan" publications of Tolkien's work.  Only Tolkien and his son have published anything relating to LOTR.  The Tolkien Estate is very protective and its why no other films will be made on Tolkien's other works.  They were not to thrilled with the films.

Darkseid is who Thanos was based off of to give you a basis, He is forever seeking the eradication of Free Will in the universe.

That was the name given to fugugly in ROTK, but in Tolkien's lore it was the name of the Balrog general.  Why they did this I do not know.  Same as Azog....having him in the films was a head scratcher since in the books he had been dead 200 years by the time of the Hobbit.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2444 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:23 PM »

As Taegin said, there have been no "fan" publications of Tolkien's work.  Only Tolkien and his son have published anything relating to LOTR.  The Tolkien Estate is very protective and its why no other films will be made on Tolkien's other works.  They were not to thrilled with the films.

Darkseid is who Thanos was based off of to give you a basis, He is forever seeking the eradication of Free Will in the universe.

That was the name given to fugugly in ROTK, but in Tolkien's lore it was the name of the Balrog general.  Why they did this I do not know.  Same as Azog....having him in the films was a head scratcher since in the books he had been dead 200 years by the time of the Hobbit.

Wasn't Haldir another one they messed up on in the movies?

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: