Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945671 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2745 on: October 05, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »

I like the crossguard saber, after all versions of it already existed in the EU.  Kylo's character is just mishandled.  I like Adam Driver, but with the way they wrote Kylo it should have been played by a 15-17 year old actor.

The character himself is way too emotional but obviously, they wrote him that way. I like Adam Driver himself and I think he performed great, the writers who developed his script and character is a different story. In a way, I do like him and in another, I don't

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2746 on: October 05, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »

Ini V2 with a 16" blade.
Shhhhhhhhh don't give away our ideas  Tongue

Hmm, I wonder if my Icicle Christmas light decorations could be modified to make "unstable Dagger blades" for my lightsaber?
It's been done, use the search function. I memory serves Sam had a set.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2747 on: October 05, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »

Shhhhhhhhh don't give away our ideas  Tongue
It's been done, use the search function. I memory serves Sam had a set.

Oh I know "Icicles" are an old idea, I just thought I would re-iterate it.
However the Hitch-Hikers Knife has also been done before. I'll PM you a link as I can't speak of Jedi stuff openly on this forum.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2748 on: October 05, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »

Whoa! that guy has lightsaber daggers as a crossguard on his saber. That's bad ass!!! Is this concept art for something or what? Looks killer.

Hmm, I wonder if my Icicle Christmas light decorations could be modified to make "unstable Dagger blades" for my lightsaber?

Already been done

I like the crossguard saber, after all versions of it already existed in the EU.  Kylo's character is just mishandled.  I like Adam Driver, but with the way they wrote Kylo it should have been played by a 15-17 year old actor.

The cast was filled with actors that were more than capable. But the movie was the equivalent of asking a math genius do basic arithmetic; a waste of ability.

The character himself is way too emotional but obviously, they wrote him that way. I like Adam Driver himself and I think he performed great, the writers who developed his script and character is a different story. In a way, I do like him and in another, I don't

The problem was that the arc had already been done.

"The story you are about to hear is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." - Dragnet

Kylo Ren is a limp rip off of Darth Caedus.

Shhhhhhhhh don't give away our ideas  Tongue

You hush.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2749 on: October 05, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »

Oh I know "Icicles" are an old idea, I just thought I would re-iterate it.
However the Hitch-Hikers Knife has also been done before. I'll PM you a link as I can't speak of Jedi stuff openly on this forum.
The saber dagger isn't a new idea and I know it. I'm just giving Logos shell because it's what I do.

I'll check it out.

You hush.
NEVER

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2750 on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »

Hello Lady Agana Kath,

I enjoy witnessing your jibes at each other (all in fun though!) just don't take it too far!

point inbound

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2751 on: October 05, 2018, 09:04:47 PM »

Already been done

The cast was filled with actors that were more than capable. But the movie was the equivalent of asking a math genius do basic arithmetic; a waste of ability.
The problem was that the arc had already been done.

"The story you are about to hear is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." - Dragnet

Kylo Ren is a limp rip off of Darth Caedus.

Jacen's fall the dark side was full of complexity and sorrow...Ben had daddy issues.    I thought, going by Bloodline, that Ben would be tempted to fall when he found out Vader was his grandfather AFTER the galaxy had.  Prompting a distrust in his parents and Luke which would lead into Snoke swooping in.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2752 on: October 08, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »

Jacen's fall the dark side was full of complexity and sorrow...Ben had daddy issues.    I thought, going by Bloodline, that Ben would be tempted to fall when he found out Vader was his grandfather AFTER the galaxy had.  Prompting a distrust in his parents and Luke which would lead into Snoke swooping in.
One is not born with a draw to the dark side. One may be born with anger issues, but.... Roll Eyes I've read snippets of Jacen's conversion, I wouldn't say "fall" necessarily. It had nuance. He had a plan. Ren's descent thus far has been pitiful. Daddy issues, power hungry, mentor issues (on both sides). #<yawn> It's typical teenager crap.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2753 on: October 08, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »

One is not born with a draw to the dark side. One may be born with anger issues, but.... Roll Eyes I've read snippets of Jacen's conversion, I wouldn't say "fall" necessarily. It had nuance. He had a plan. Ren's descent thus far has been pitiful. Daddy issues, power hungry, mentor issues (on both sides). #<yawn> It's typical teenager crap.

Agreed, Jacen was also captured and tortured by the YuuZhan Vong and learned to use pain the pain while being totured to sustain himself which lead to one of his first first use of Force Lightning later on. He also thought he was beyond good evil after the war as well.  Ren had daddy issues and is emotional, Jacen was calculating and lacked emotions for anyone and anything except for Tenel Ka and his daughter

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2754 on: October 08, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »

Which is why , as the character is currently written, a teen actor would have been a better choice

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2755 on: October 08, 2018, 02:14:27 PM »

<yawn> It's typical teenager crap.

being a teenager I would take offense at this but I can't because it is true.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2756 on: October 08, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »

being a teenager I would take offense at this but I can't because it is true.
You could, but then you'd just feel that much more ridiculous when you reach our age, and looking back realize......we were right. Cool It's a viscious cycle that never ends. Adolescence can pretty much be summed upped as the final stages of physical development and coming to grips with the fact that you are an emotional creature, and need to get a grip on them before they get a grip on you.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2757 on: October 08, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

You could, but then you'd just feel that much more ridiculous when you reach our age, and looking back realize......we were right. Cool It's a viscious cycle that never ends. Adolescence can pretty much be summed upped as the final stages of physical development and coming to grips with the fact that you are an emotional creature, and need to get a grip on them before they get a grip on you.

True words, you don't realize how emotional you are as a teenager until later on in life and you reflect upon it.  I guess it goes with growing older and wiser

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2758 on: October 08, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »

I can look back now and see signs of it. probably not as much as I will in 10 years but I see signs. YEESH! what the heck was I thinking back then

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2759 on: October 08, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »

I can look back now and see signs of it. probably not as much as I will in 10 years but I see signs. YEESH! what the heck was I thinking back then
Uh huh? Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: