Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653058 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1140 on: January 11, 2017, 11:23:06 PM »

Not maybe so defined, but I use abilities with the next battle in mind too.

I've learned by doing so, that if you kill someone with Vader's culling blade, his 100% turn meter carries over.

You likely knew that, but I didn't...lol

I don't use Vader in GW, but yes if that's the battle ending blow it can be handy in the next fight, especially if there's Jedi since his default attack ability blocks.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1141 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:31 PM »

#HighLevelProblems
When you're in GW and kill too many members on the opposing team too fast that you might not have all your abilities recharged by the next battle.

I killed 3 guys before they even took a turn so I had to slow down and intentionally let Lumi heal herself and Old Ben so that I'd have enough time for all my specials to be off cooldown.

Oh yes, I always keep that in mind. Usually in the early nodes I don't use specials. Don't need them when two basic attacks kills almost anyone. Tongue

I've done that occasionally. Old Ben is a really annoying character. Mind Tricks, but especially when you kill him. I save him for the end if I can. If I'm lucky I keep him ability blocked or stunned the whole time.

Today I beat GW with 1 team. No healers, no casualties. Cool

I don't use Vader in GW, but yes if that's the battle ending blow it can be handy in the next fight, especially if there's Jedi since his default attack ability blocks.

You don't use Vader? Why? Force Crush and Culling Blade every round is devastating!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1142 on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »

You don't use Vader? Why? Force Crush and Culling Blade every round is devastating!

He's really really slow.  Most of my good mods, especially the ones with speed are on my Jedi and my Droids already.  GW in the 80's is a lot of "who can go first".  Plus you run into clones and Yoda that can prevent Vader from doing much good.

Don't get me wrong, if I ever get his Zeta leader it'll be him and Boba in a party executing MFer's like there's no tomorrow.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1143 on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »

#HighLevelProblems
When you're in GW and kill too many members on the opposing team too fast that you might not have all your abilities recharged by the next battle.

I killed 3 guys before they even took a turn so I had to slow down and intentionally let Lumi heal herself and Old Ben so that I'd have enough time for all my specials to be off cooldown.

I had that today. I alternated hits on the last two of one node (JC and Lumi) to allow themselves to heal before I finished them, because I wasn't paying attention and used up almost all my specials.

I use Vader, actually my DS team, if I need to take out one or two toons on a tough node. They're powerful, but they don't have staying power just yet, so I use them for a specific purpose, and they do that job very well.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1144 on: January 12, 2017, 12:46:10 AM »

He's really really slow.  Most of my good mods, especially the ones with speed are on my Jedi and my Droids already.  GW in the 80's is a lot of "who can go first".  Plus you run into clones and Yoda that can prevent Vader from doing much good.

Don't get me wrong, if I ever get his Zeta leader it'll be him and Boba in a party executing MFer's like there's no tomorrow.

That's true.

I keep telling myself I need to power up Boba because my DS team is all about debuffs. And Rey, and Leia, oh! And Qui-Gon too! Not to mention Chewie, JC, Savage, Mace, Geo soldier and Spy, IG-86, and Cad Bane.

*sigh*

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1145 on: January 12, 2017, 03:32:34 AM »

Wowza.

I managed to put all 5* Health Mods with Protection in the 4 possible slots you can do that on my Royal Guard.

That's an additional 23.5% Protection PER MOD.  Add in the secondary stats from all 6 mods and my RG now has greater than 100% additional Protection.

He's got 28K Health & 40K Protection and that's only G9!!! 

By my calculations, his Protection will go up another 16K when I reach G10 and then another 16K for G11.

72K Protection?!

Needless to say - I amended my plan for an all Sith team to keep my Royal Guard where he belongs, right next to Emperor Palpatine.  Smiley

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people in my Arena grouping when they get a load of that team when it's all G11 . . . Emperor, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, Count Dooku & Darth Maul.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1146 on: January 12, 2017, 03:47:38 AM »

Wowza.

I managed to put all 5* Health Mods with Protection in the 4 possible slots you can do that on my Royal Guard.

That's an additional 23.5% Protection PER MOD.  Add in the secondary stats from all 6 mods and my RG now has greater than 100% additional Protection.

He's got 28K Health & 40K Protection and that's only G9!!!  

By my calculations, his Protection will go up another 16K when I reach G10 and then another 16K for G11.

72K Protection?!

Needless to say - I amended my plan for an all Sith team to keep my Royal Guard where he belongs, right next to Emperor Palpatine.  Smiley

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people in my Arena grouping when they get a load of that team when it's all G11 . . . Emperor, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, Count Dooku & Darth Maul.

I really think that the health mods are the best all around mods. I know there are some that do better with other mods (Lando and critical mods, for examole), but the health mods do protection, tenacity, offense, defense, health, etc. I haven't seen too many others that cover such a broad range.

And I hope I never run into your RG.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1147 on: January 12, 2017, 03:52:32 AM »

Yeah, that's gonna be tough to beat!

Good news LC. Maul is so worth all that work. Mine is Gear 8, which is sufficient for where I am now. A little bad on health, but give him a few Mk V health mods and EP's lead. That helps a ton. His damage is unpredictable. Depending on whether it's a crit, or if it's a Jedi target. Mine deals between 1200 and I saw 8000 on a crit! That's only level 70, so big damage potential there.

But it's when you're against a team of Jedi that he really shines. He fits in with my DS team so well. Power of the Dark Side, Force Crush, Sid's special, Maul's special. I dare you to get hit with that and win. Vader will than kill someone with Culling Blade, everyone can hit again, and if you do it right Maul goes next. Everyone at low health, with more leeway against Jedi, and Maul will kill 'em left and right. 100% turn meter every kill. Bye bye.

As for RG, mine has full Mk V health mods, I should look into getting the ones with more protection. I wouldn't do nearly as well in Arena without him. He dies more often than not, but that's what he there for. Take the beating so the rest of my team can attack in peace. Well, not quite, and no, it certainly doesn't always work.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1148 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:27 AM »

I totally agree about Health Mods.  In fact - I use them on everyone except for Lando, as you mentioned.  And for him - I gave him some Protection as a main stat as well on them.

To me, all the other stuff - 10% more Speed or 15% higher Crit Chance - can't help you if you're DEAD.   Tongue

So I try to load up on as much stuff as possible to give me surviveability.  Health, Protection, Defense.

That sounds great about Maul.  I made the mistake of running a Jedi team against him when he was the Boss of some really hard level.  He whupped me HARD.

Make sure in the "Arrow" spot you acquire a mod with Speed as the main Stat.  He is super slow on turn meter.  If you run a bunch of Sims on Mod Table Battle 1-B, you'll eventually get a 1 or 2 star that will give +17 or +19 Speed respectively.

That's the best way to do it.  Arrows with Speed in the 3-5 star Mod Challenges are super rare so it will take a while to find one. In fact , I think I've only gotten 2 in countless Sims.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1149 on: January 12, 2017, 05:26:34 AM »

No health mods on Lando?! I've found him a very flimsy character. All about offense, no thought for his own survive ability.

Maul should have a speed mod? Hmmm

*checks mods*

Yup, I thought he was the one I gave my Mk V health + speed mod. +30 speed, my Maul has. Grin

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1150 on: January 12, 2017, 05:40:21 AM »

Maul should have a speed mod? Hmmm

*checks mods*

Yup, I thought he was the one I gave my Mk V health + speed mod. +30 speed, my Maul has. Grin

Kidding . . . I own one of those . . . hoping to get another for Maul.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1151 on: January 12, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »

I didn't know it was so rare, which begs the question, is Maul really the one who should have it?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1152 on: January 12, 2017, 06:17:36 AM »

Tonight's Bronzium shard pulls:

1 IG-100
1 Lobot
2 Ewok Elders
1 Poggle
15 Ahsoka (drew the character, already have)
1 Dooku
1 Royal Guard
1 Dathcha

That was in about 20k of AP spent all at once.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1153 on: January 12, 2017, 08:22:14 AM »

Look Vivectius, we're gonna have to start giving you light side points just to spite you!   Wink

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1154 on: January 12, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »

Tonight's Bronzium shard pulls:

1 IG-100
1 Lobot
2 Ewok Elders
1 Poggle
15 Ahsoka (drew the character, already have)
1 Dooku
1 Royal Guard
1 Dathcha

That was in about 20k of AP spent all at once.

When they first started giving out AP like they are and making them available for GW purchase, etc., I bought a lot of bronze packs. I got so fed up with pulls like that. I agree with LC, that they are better saved up for tournaments, especially tournaments whose toons interest you. They can get burned up quickly in those.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: