Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 947386 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2040 on: January 05, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »

Does anybody know what the mind-reading octopus thing in Rogue One was called?
It was called Awkward and Worthless, since it served no purpose, nor did it have rhyme or reason

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2041 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:01 AM »

Bor gullet.

Boar's don't have gullets. Those belong to the birds (and fishes).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2042 on: January 05, 2017, 02:26:04 AM »

The idea was that Saw had gotten so paranoid that he was using mind readers (because he didn't have Jedi to do it) to screen defectors to be sure anything wasn't just a trap to kill him.  The creature would provide Saw with the knowledge that Bode was telling the truth, and that the message from Galen was correct, but had the "unfortunate" side effect of jumbling one's mind.  Bode was having problems figuring out if he was living in the present or past for a bit until they got off Jedha.  It was suppose to show that the "good guys" were not always so good and do bad things in the name of their cause or because of paranoia caused by a lifetime of war.  Saw's been fighting for at least 20 years now, since the Clone Wars.  And he is an extremist as far as both the Rebel Alliance and Empire are concerned.  The Alliance is a bit embarrassed while the Empire used Saw for propaganda about how evil the Rebels are to their righteous New Order under the Emperor.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2043 on: January 05, 2017, 03:23:28 AM »

Saber quality seems to have taken a bit of a drop here...

Still a cool pic...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2044 on: January 05, 2017, 06:16:11 AM »

Saber quality seems to have taken a bit of a drop here...

Still a cool pic...

yeah, somebody aught to buy them some Ultrasabers. Still cool though. I wonder if that hints at anything that will be in episode VIII. Maybe like Rey will get a green saber, and then both Finn and Poe will get sabers too. I doubt it though.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2045 on: January 05, 2017, 06:25:27 AM »

No. Just no. No sabers for Finn or Poe. Then I would truly be done with Disney's SW.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2046 on: January 05, 2017, 06:44:10 AM »

No. Just no. No sabers for Finn or Poe. Then I would truly be done with Disney's SW.

I agree with you, all I was saying was I wonder if it is a hint at what is to come. I think Poe could use one, but not Finn. He wasn't cool enough for that IMO.

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2047 on: January 05, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »

oh.... Finn and Poe are in that picture?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2048 on: January 05, 2017, 07:22:08 AM »

Yeah, but they are kinda hard to see past Daisy.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #2049 on: January 05, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »

Why would we want to see anyone but Daisy anyway

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2050 on: January 05, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »

Cause the guys are blocking some of her.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2051 on: January 05, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »

I wonder if that hints at anything that will be in episode VIII. Maybe like Rey will get a green saber, and then both Finn and Poe will get sabers too. I doubt it though.

I think they may just be having fun with the press.  Undecided

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2052 on: January 05, 2017, 04:25:39 PM »

call me dumb but, who's the one in the glasses?
Did you ever figure this out?

Deviating from the norm is exactly what is required in storytelling. In this case, the story being told is that of the Republic collapsing due to war, fear, terrorism, etc., and giving way too much power to a manipulative politician for the sake of security. The Jedi responding to this by being more motivated by fear rather than a desire for peace and taking extreme actions is absolutely warranted by the story and, without that and Ahsoka's subsequent leave (which is a powerful statement on how far the Jedi have fallen), then there's a whole aspect to this theme that wouldn't be explored.

I also disagree with your views on continuity. I'm getting the impression that you think continuity means things remain stationary (please correct me if I'm misinterpreting your statements), when I think it's more like tracing the progression of a story and how things have changed over time. Events happen, and people react and respond to those events, and what comes about from this is change.

If you were complaining about this in an era where the Jedi acted more like the way you described, before the Clone Wars changed everything, then I would agree with you, but this story arc is taking place in a very specific turning point in Galactic History that requires change for it to occur. This change isn't random either, it is a direct effect of the Clone Wars.

This isn't like Holmes suddenly being dumb for no reason, it's the Jedi changing their normal ways in response to threat. There is a cause to that effect, which is good storytelling.
So you're saying it's a satire on the world at large. I guess I can accept that. I just always viewed the Jedi as more than capable to sense BS. But then I also wasn't paying attention to the fact that the Dark Side was pushing against them to the tipping point of coming back into balance. Good catch.

I get what you're saying about fear corrupting people, it just seemed a bit extreme. But then we also weren't exposed to the daily events that would have eroded the Jedi's resistance to such a corrupting influence. I would have expected certain individuals that knew Ahsoka best to put up a better fight: Plo Koon, Anakin, Obi Wan. NTM they had had INVESTIGATING the bombing of the temple specifically because she was off world at the time. So they went from "Let's have her play lead investigator" to "OMG! She did it."

The idea was that Saw had gotten so paranoid that he was using mind readers (because he didn't have Jedi to do it) to screen defectors to be sure anything wasn't just a trap to kill him.  The creature would provide Saw with the knowledge that Bode was telling the truth, and that the message from Galen was correct, but had the "unfortunate" side effect of jumbling one's mind.  Bode was having problems figuring out if he was living in the present or past for a bit until they got off Jedha.  It was suppose to show that the "good guys" were not always so good and do bad things in the name of their cause or because of paranoia caused by a lifetime of war.  Saw's been fighting for at least 20 years now, since the Clone Wars.  And he is an extremist as far as both the Rebel Alliance and Empire are concerned.  The Alliance is a bit embarrassed while the Empire used Saw for propaganda about how evil the Rebels are to their righteous New Order under the Emperor.
I agree with this. It was a little device-ish to intro the creature, but it went a long way in showing Saw's distrust of people. And then there was the crux of it when he thought that Jyn was there to kill him.

All this talk of sabers and cute girls suddenly dropped my brain into the gutter. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2053 on: January 05, 2017, 04:44:08 PM »

Did you ever figure this out?
no

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2054 on: January 05, 2017, 05:22:33 PM »

no

How 'bout not?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: