Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142963 times)
Alongway2go
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4245 on: December 10, 2015, 01:23:10 AM »

So I had a massive palm blown to hell. My father and I have always talked about trying some sabers. We are north blade nuts and spen a ton of time sparring. I made the decision to get us both sabers for Christmas. I ordered hum a guardian. I was waiting to check out the quality ( and recharge my wallet) before ordering myself a graflex.
Now my family got some horrific new on Saturday. My dad died of a heart stack at age 51. The kicker. Is that his birthday was Monday. Mainly I'm venting. I'm going to receive that gaudier and have to deal with this all over again. I also lost my sparring partner a mentor and model of manhood. I'm 32 so I like to think that I've done all of the frowning I need too. Lol but I never thought I would be dreading getting something so awesome.
Now I have the delema of deciding to order my own saber. The want is strong but I'm not sure. I'm going all out in both so I was hoping to get one so I could spare myself if it wasn't what I had hoped. What are the general thoughts on the graflex. The emerald driver and the obsidean v4? Should I drop a ton more money on this? Thanks for listening to me. Sorry for the length. I guess I needed to get that out.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #4246 on: December 10, 2015, 02:59:10 AM »

Alongway2go,

I am so sorry for your loss, I just shared your post with my wife and she is just about to cry and told me to stop...I don't know what I would do if I lost my father so suddenly.  My wife very aptly pointed out to me "You are never to old to need your Father"  I think that its going to be hard to adjust, but I think when the Guardian arrives, you should put it on a saber stand next to a picture of your father.  It should be a reminder of all the good times that you all had.  I believe that he would have loved the saber ( I own one and love it) and he would want you to remember all of the good times that you both spent together.  One day you may get the desire to use it and as long as it sits in a place of positivity and remembrance, you will not think of that saber in a negative way. 

MTFBWY

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Alongway2go
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4247 on: December 10, 2015, 03:03:46 AM »

Thank you for the kind words.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #4248 on: December 10, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »

my heart with you in this time.

I agree with the thought of the saber as stated to honor your father.

look at it and smile and carry on the sparring and sabering and he will live on thru you.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

FirstTimer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4249 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:47 PM »

I made my order! First lightsaber order that is…

Had some troubles with my Visa not being verifiable so I had to wait until I was able to pay with paypal to make my order.

I went for the phantasm initiate v4, regular hilt, vented with 24" blades, stunt sabers but with the more advanced battery setup so I can add sound if I choose to. Also ordered two medium 32" grab bag blades so I can get a feel with both!

I'm planning to make the hilts a bit more "street" using the innards of a bicycle tire and maybe some leather…

Now I just have to wait until my order gets here… I have no patience at all...  Grin

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #4250 on: December 10, 2015, 02:49:16 PM »

Waiting on my Graflex SE. It was supposed to be here yesterday (12/9/15) but the USPS is awful and slow. I'd be surprised if I have it today, most likely tomorrow. Whats sad is that I live in the same city as US, so it would have been quicker to just go pick the thing up, but that's not really an option.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4251 on: December 10, 2015, 03:42:07 PM »

Alongway2go,

Oof, ouch, my condolences.  So sorry to hear that.  I agree -- put the guardian next to a photo of your father, and give yourself some time.  Best wishes for you.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4252 on: December 10, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »

Waiting on my Graflex SE. It was supposed to be here yesterday (12/9/15) but the USPS is awful and slow. I'd be surprised if I have it today, most likely tomorrow. Whats sad is that I live in the same city as US, so it would have been quicker to just go pick the thing up, but that's not really an option.

USPS says mine is expected to be delivered tomorrow...yeah, we'll see how that goes.

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #4253 on: December 10, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »

Mine was due monday the 7th. The last time the tracking info was updated was the 4th.

Not happy with the USPS right now! Angry

Alongway2go, sorry for your loss. My dad passed in 2010 and i miss him alot. Get a Saber stand or wall mount and display it memory of your father.

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #4254 on: December 10, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

Mine was due monday the 7th. The last time the tracking info was updated was the 4th.

Not happy with the USPS right now! Angry

Alongway2go, sorry for your loss. My dad passed in 2010 and i miss him alot. Get a Saber stand or wall mount and display it memory of your father.

I know what you mean. The USPS should up their productivity especially around the holidays to make sure that people's packages arrive on time. I thought that since I live within 40 miles of ultrasabers that choosing the USPS option would still have it be here quickly, but it goes to show that the USPS just is terrible, no matter how far or close the package has to travel.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Rustedborg
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4255 on: December 10, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »

I know what you mean. The USPS should up their productivity especially around the holidays to make sure that people's packages arrive on time. I thought that since I live within 40 miles of ultrasabers that choosing the USPS option would still have it be here quickly, but it goes to show that the USPS just is terrible, no matter how far or close the package has to travel.

There is no logic when it comes to the USPS. When my parents in Kansas mail packages to me here outside of Cincinnati, OH the packages almost always arrive within 1-2 business days even though my parents ALWAYS choose the cheapest (slowest) postage/shipping option. On the other hand, if I try to mail a letter to my in-laws who live less than two miles away from me the letter always takes 7-10 business days to arrive.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting my first Ultra Saber and emitter (two separate orders). I just got the email and tracking number from Emory for the emitter that I ordered yesterday but my saber is still processing. I'm not complaining because every other custom saber maker said it would take months to get a saber ... I just hope I won't have to wait too long with an emitter in my hand and no saber to go with it. Wink

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #4256 on: December 10, 2015, 10:03:18 PM »

Scorpion with Obsidian Lite Sound[Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue][Flash on Clash:No Flash][Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup][Blade Length:32" Length][Blade Option:UltraEdge][Scorpion Claw Option:WITHOUT Claw][Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard][Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch][Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks][Include Blade Plug:No Thanks][Include Saber Stand:No Thanks][Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]

Ordered Friday December 4th, hasn't shipped yet. It's going to be a close one for TFA!

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

luminousbeing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #4257 on: December 10, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »

So I had a massive palm blown to hell. My father and I have always talked about trying some sabers. We are north blade nuts and spen a ton of time sparring. I made the decision to get us both sabers for Christmas. I ordered hum a guardian. I was waiting to check out the quality ( and recharge my wallet) before ordering myself a graflex.
Now my family got some horrific new on Saturday. My dad died of a heart stack at age 51. The kicker. Is that his birthday was Monday. Mainly I'm venting. I'm going to receive that gaudier and have to deal with this all over again. I also lost my sparring partner a mentor and model of manhood. I'm 32 so I like to think that I've done all of the frowning I need too. Lol but I never thought I would be dreading getting something so awesome.
Now I have the delema of deciding to order my own saber. The want is strong but I'm not sure. I'm going all out in both so I was hoping to get one so I could spare myself if it wasn't what I had hoped. What are the general thoughts on the graflex. The emerald driver and the obsidean v4? Should I drop a ton more money on this? Thanks for listening to me. Sorry for the length. I guess I needed to get that out.

Damn!

I agree with others in saying that a nice display with the saber next to a picture of your father would be great. Lots of strength to you and your family!

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4258 on: December 11, 2015, 03:43:53 AM »

Scorpion with Obsidian Lite Sound[Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue][Flash on Clash:No Flash][Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup][Blade Length:32" Length][Blade Option:UltraEdge][Scorpion Claw Option:WITHOUT Claw][Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard][Switch Type (Momentary):Black GUARDED Switch][Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks][Include Blade Plug:No Thanks][Include Saber Stand:No Thanks][Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]

Ordered Friday December 4th, hasn't shipped yet. It's going to be a close one for TFA!

Scorpion's next on my list to get, among the higher end (above the prophecies) sabers.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4259 on: December 11, 2015, 08:52:14 AM »

That's what I said about my Archon V2.1 saber but it should be in uh, later my time if FedEx doesn't delay it like it did with something else I ordered for Christmas Tongue I hope my saber at least doesn't get delayed

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: