Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652974 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3225 on: July 14, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »

It's possible that Wedge didn't notice the Death Star in it's orbit on the far side of the planet because he was too busy with Imperials.  As soon as it showed up the order was given to haul butt out of there.  The Wookieepedia page on the Battle of Scarif has Red Two and Red Three, Wedge and Biggs designations at the Battle of Yavin, as "Unidentified X-wing pilots".  However you may be correct in that, given his reaction to the Death Star, he was not at Scarif.

As for the "Captain Antillies" you hear on Yavin actually isn't on the intercom, it's Senator Organa speaking to him as he walks up to him.  He's out of focus most of the time that you can see him, but you do see him start walking with the Senator after he starts talking.  He is not Wedge however because Wedge isn't a Captain, and it's already known that it's Captain Raymus Antilles of the Tantive IV, the man we later see Vader strangle to death.

As much as I love all this R1 talk, I feel like this conversation has gotten a little off topic. Still, cool information that I didn't know.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3226 on: July 14, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »

It's possible that Wedge didn't notice the Death Star in it's orbit on the far side of the planet because he was too busy with Imperials.  As soon as it showed up the order was given to haul butt out of there.  The Wookieepedia page on the Battle of Scarif has Red Two and Red Three, Wedge and Biggs designations at the Battle of Yavin, as "Unidentified X-wing pilots".  However you may be correct in that, given his reaction to the Death Star, he was not at Scarif.

As for the "Captain Antillies" you hear on Yavin actually isn't on the intercom, it's Senator Organa speaking to him as he walks up to him.  He's out of focus most of the time that you can see him, but you do see him start walking with the Senator after he starts talking.  He is not Wedge however because Wedge isn't a Captain, and it's already known that it's Captain Raymus Antilles of the Tantive IV, the man we later see Vader strangle to death.

I was just going off of Wedge's Wookieepedia page.

As much as I love all this R1 talk, I feel like this conversation has gotten a little off topic. Still, cool information that I didn't know.

Ok.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3227 on: July 14, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »

216th page, who can guess the significance of that number in GoH?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3228 on: July 14, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »

2-16. Is that when you joined the game - February 2016?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3229 on: July 14, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »

2-16. Is that when you joined the game - February 2016?

Not even close. I started playing end of October last year.

It's nothing personally significant for me, it goes for everyone.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3230 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:08 PM »

Not even close. I started playing end of October last year.

It's nothing personally significant for me, it goes for everyone.

Is it that 216% is the maximum for a character's Critical Damage stat?

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3231 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »

You're right, Krace Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3232 on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:24 PM »

Is it that 216% is the maximum for a character's Critical Damage stat?

Bingo! Knew it would be you to get it.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3233 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »

Just got Rex up to 7*, and he's almost Gear 11 as well. It's true, what they say, he's probably the easier toon to Gear I've done so far.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3234 on: July 14, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »

Just got Rex up to 7*, and he's almost Gear 11 as well. It's true, what they say, he's probably the easier toon to Gear I've done so far.

Heh, one of my guildies just said the same thing yesterday.  IG-86 has been my easiest so far to get to Gear 11.  Lando was also pretty easy too.  Might have been 1 or 2 more, but I don't remember now since I have almost 20 at Gear 11.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3235 on: July 15, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »

Heh, one of my guildies just said the same thing yesterday.  IG-86 has been my easiest so far to get to Gear 11.  Lando was also pretty easy too.  Might have been 1 or 2 more, but I don't remember now since I have almost 20 at Gear 11.

My easiest was Lando.  I'm working on getting my IG-86 just to gear 10 atm, but the Mk6 Nubian Design Tech salvages are a long farm.  You musta lucked out and get it from raid rewards or something Krace, for him to have been an easy toon to gear.  The exact same piece of gear was what made getting my Wedge to gear 10 take such a long time too.
My TFP was a surprisingly easy toon to gear, but I may have simply lucked out and already had raid drops he needed.  I got him from gear 8 to 11 in less than two weeks.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3236 on: July 15, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »

My easiest was Lando.  I'm working on getting my IG-86 just to gear 10 atm, but the Mk6 Nubian Design Tech salvages are a long farm.  You musta lucked out and get it from raid rewards or something Krace, for him to have been an easy toon to gear.  The exact same piece of gear was what made getting my Wedge to gear 10 take such a long time too.
My TFP was a surprisingly easy toon to gear, but I may have simply lucked out and already had raid drops he needed.  I got him from gear 8 to 11 in less than two weeks.

I'm not sure how I got them quickly, but I might have been farming a character at the time that it was on that hard node and I just had it nearly done.

Well, the Ewok event seemed to have its difficulty ramped up on that bonus tier.  I don't remember having that much trouble last time around.  Also you didn't get the event ability as you did on the two lower tiers.

As for the Empire event, I sailed through that thanks to R2 and his Zeta.  Also the fact that I could stun Vader and EP made round 4 and 8 waaaay easier.  I actually finally got 3* on Tier 2 of the Empire event

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3237 on: July 15, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »

All right, today's the last day I did any other activities (activities with the intention to climb in any rank) than my dailies. I'm really pissed how that game evolved and still evolves. 1 PvP out of 5, no chance against teams that I normally have no problems with. Not to mention the PvP teams I get in general.
And it's not just because of RNG, I begin to hate those who use RNG only to explain success or failure. It's also that ongoing harassment of F2P users regarding all those new chars and events, totally unfair and absurd matchmaking in GW, meaningless power values, Mod nonsense...SHIP NONSENSE...
And no, I haven't synced my roster with swgoh.gg, and I won't do it. For me, it doesn't make sense anymore to share chars that became completely useless in the current game version. It's all about Thrawn, Phoenix, R2/Z2, Kylo/Zylo, Chaze now - insanely modded from the AI and thus impossible for Human players to equally mod them, of course. Without those chars you don't even have a small chance now to survive in that game. A small chance with the best 5-dot mods, perhaps, but still incredibly low.

No, don't even think about persuading me, I'm really frustrated. There are other games (even P2W) that changed their F2P model so that non-paying players don't face that many restrictions anymore some of which could only be overcome by paying for in-game currency. I'm talking about recent changes in Star Wars - The Old Republic from EA/BioWare, a game I purchased a recurring subscription for. Yes, you read correctly - it's an EA game! And no, it's not the same with SWGOH - in SWTOR you pay once for a period of time and get access to all areas and functions. You get what you pay for. In SWGOH you pay for every package and/or toon separately - and you don't even know what you get for your money! 5 Shards for 20$, 50$ or even 100$? A 3-dot Mod? No sir, that's rip-off, nothing else!

I'm fed up, really. Sorry if I overreacted in my post, but it's just not what I expect from a game. It should be fun for everyone, and not be frustrating or even building aggression.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3238 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

I just got Fulcrum to gear 8. First one of my characters to get there.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3239 on: July 15, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

All right, today's the last day I did any other activities (activities with the intention to climb in any rank) than my dailies...

I have been in this spot with this game more than I care to admit, and then I realize that if I want to enjoy the game, I need to adapt to keep up. It's not always fun, but it is challenging, and there is some satisfaction on the other side.

I just got Fulcrum to gear 8. First one of my characters to get there.

Congrats!

----------

Also, congratulations to Soul!

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: