Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288454 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5565 on: November 06, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »

You should never have to give up something you love to appease a partner. If someone asked me to quit something I love I'd tell them go to hell.
I took a personality test that explained my type is one that will gladly give something up as long as it is truly appreciated. What it boiled down to was that she thought I gave up paint ball because it was immature, when I actually gave it up because it was expensive. There were other things, but I won't bore you with details.

With kids now-a-days, that isn't a great feat lol
Don't I know it. However, I have noticed that my skill with dogs is easily applied to kids. It's awesome.

I disagree. It's entirely possible a girlfriend could destroy the house, just not to the same degree.
I never said it was impossible. I merely stated that she wouldn't do it out of boredom. And if she does, then that hot mess needs to be dropped like the Hindenburg.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5566 on: November 06, 2017, 07:40:22 PM »

And if she does, then that hot mess needs to be dropped like the Hindenburg.

This made me laugh out loud. Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5567 on: November 06, 2017, 10:00:13 PM »

You should never have to give up something you love to appease a partner. If someone asked me to quit something I love I'd tell them go to hell.

Really, it should be a case by case basis.  What if the thing you love is harmful?  Overtly expensive and draining savings?  I know it sounds like common sense but too often I have heard people use this as an excuse to continue destructive behavior

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5568 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »

Really, it should be a case by case basis.  What if the thing you love is harmful?  Overtly expensive and draining savings?  I know it sounds like common sense but too often I have heard people use this as an excuse to continue destructive behavior

I do agree with that. I can see if it is a destructive, harmful or overly expensive wanting to curb it but that is something that needs to be discussed and worked through. What I was trying to get across is if your partner wants you to give a hobby or something you enjoy because it's something they don't find interesting, fun, age appropriate or socially the norm then they can go to hell. If I was dating someone who told me they hate Star Wars and want me to sell my sabers... Goodbye.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5569 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:03 PM »

Found it:

Let's talk dating/romance

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5570 on: November 06, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »

Quote from: Lady Agana Ka. If I was dating someone who told me they hate Star Wars and want me to sell my sabers... Goodbye.
[/quote
HEAR!! HEAR!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5571 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »

Obviously you've never seen or been the proverbial girlfriend scorned. The kind of shell they can do is apocalyptic.

Ha, you should have seen what my ex husband did to me, bro.  It was EPIC sabotage.  But it backfired spectacularly on him in the end.  Karma, you kriffing jerkwad.  I hope these scored women get their karma also!  I've never had a crazy ex girlfriend, I have to say.  All of my crazy ex's are men, but I DO know how some girls are.  Or rather, how humans are, I suppose.  People do ultra crappy things when they're hurt or perceive something incorrectly.

And man, I'm sorry you're so bummed about relationships and stuff!  All of the "you have to love YOURSELF first!" in the world doesn't mean crap when you feel like that.  Ugh.  I know lots of nice girls.  Wish I could hook you up!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5572 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:35 AM »

So my a-hole parrot just pierced my ear. /sigh 

I'm not gonna bother with stitches this time, just tape it and go. Time to crack down on his diet, he's been getting too hormonal of late  Angry

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5573 on: November 07, 2017, 05:30:06 AM »

I'm at a huge disadvantage when I finally decide to try dating again... I'm not supposed to have that, and most straight guys aren't going to want it regardless of how cute I look. I'm sure I'll get a lot of Mac's from Always Sunny. (Call me after you get the surgery.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5574 on: November 07, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »

Ha, you should have seen what my ex husband did to me, bro.
If you don't mind me asking, how many have you had?

I'm at a huge disadvantage when I finally decide to try dating again... I'm not supposed to have that, and most straight guys aren't going to want it regardless of how cute I look. I'm sure I'll get a lot of Mac's from Always Sunny. (Call me after you get the surgery.)
I would assume it would take the course of any relationship....take your time and get to know where the other person stands on certain issues.

Sig by For Tyeth

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5575 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:30 PM »

At first you will, but you will run into more than a few that want to be with you for you. The physical aspect of a relationship is not always the most important part, speaking from experience <insert joke about not having much and most of it being bad here>, my happiest relationship was when I was in a relationship where my partner was uncomfortable with physical intimacy but we could talk about anything and supported each other. It fell apart but that is a story for another time, after I can get half a bottle of whisky's head start.

Rude! There are certain questions you don't ask a woman!
 1. How much she weighs
 2. How old she is
 3. How many husbands she's killed had
 4. How much she has had to drink

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5576 on: November 07, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

Rude! There are certain questions you don't ask a woman!
 1. How much she weighs
 2. How old she is
 3. How many husbands she's killed had
 4. How much she has had to drink
I'm not presumptuous enough to expect/demand an answer. She has a choice to answer or not, and I won't be upset either way.

Sig by For Tyeth

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5577 on: November 07, 2017, 02:02:54 PM »

I'm not presumptuous enough to expect/demand an answer. She has a choice to answer or not, and I won't be upset either way.

I was sort of joking.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5578 on: November 07, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »

I was sort of joking.
One can never truly tell from reading text.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5579 on: November 08, 2017, 12:00:35 AM »

I would assume it would take the course of any relationship....take your time and get to know where the other person stands on certain issues.

Sadly, you are mistaken. It's kind of a no win. Have the conversation upfront, and most likely you'll get rejected/a lack of interest. Wait until a few dates in, and being simply rejected might be a best case scenario.

At first you will, but you will run into more than a few that want to be with you for you. The physical aspect of a relationship is not always the most important part, speaking from experience <insert joke about not having much and most of it being bad here>, my happiest relationship was when I was in a relationship where my partner was uncomfortable with physical intimacy but we could talk about anything and supported each other. It fell apart but that is a story for another time, after I can get half a bottle of whisky's head start.

Let's hope. Though that's another problem, I don't like being touched, particularly in a certain area. (I won't say anything else on that)

Though I AM interested in women, would definitely like to be with one, and could totally see myself being very happy settling down with another girl, the same applies(perhaps minus the violence. Also my primary interest is men.  Undecided

So yeah, it'll be hard I guess, but this is the hand I was dealt, suppose I should stop bitching about it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: