Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288451 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5970 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »

Again, blah blah blah. We were introduced to the character as an older woman, with no backstory.

And I'm not even getting into my thoughts on the books. Angry

I wasn't telling you to like her, only that the purple hair is not out of the ordinary for her, although we still know nothing about her if we haven't read the books (which I haven't).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5971 on: January 09, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »

I wasn't telling you to like her, only that the purple hair is not out of the ordinary for her, although we still know nothing about her if we haven't read the books (which I haven't).
That is a wise choice. Wink I know, you were just stating "facts".

Got another one for you in SW Thoughts.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5972 on: January 09, 2018, 10:22:04 PM »

Insulting someone who says something you disagree with does not mean they are wrong and does not simply express that you disagree. It's just insulting them. Disagreement and insult are not the same thing. It is egotism that links them. And if someone doesn't think this is true, they suck.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5973 on: January 09, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »

I'm done. Work sucks, my home life sucks, I have no real life friends, and my love life is so nonexistent that Time Itself is demanding a 500% refund for my life.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5974 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:02 PM »

I can't believe all the discussion over Holdo's hair.    Cheesy  It's not at all uncommon to give a sci-fi character odd-colored hair.  If you look at the background characters that are human or humanoid in Star Wars, there HAVE been odd hair color choices.  Holy crap, let's all FIGHT ABOUT IT.  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

Wink

But seriously, in other news, my coworker came to work heckin' SICK as hell and he's been coughing and sneezing all over everything.  I got so tired of him coming in the back (where my office is) to just cough and hack and gag that I finally went to my boss about it.  He got sent home.  Excuse me, but you don't get to make the rest of us sick just because you can't go to the doctor.  I'm sorry you can't, but stay the hell home.  My bestie (who works with me) has a chronic condition that weakens her immune system and crap like this could put her in the hospital.  I wanted to choke this guy.  

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5975 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32:30 PM »

Ugh, why do people have to be so STUPID?!?!

This is a Fortune 100 company we work for, folks. You CANNOT be afraid to innovate! Our products are only as innovative as the newest innovation in the case, and when your newest innovation is over ten years old, YOU HAVE AN OLD PRODUCT!!!

Honestly, I blame the plant management for this. It's like the manufacturing version of Game of Thrones. The plant manager is a rude, demeaning, condescending micromanager (who was blatantly stated to be a diversity hire) who fosters a culture of backstabbing and rumors. She encourages rumors (or at least doesn't try to stop rumors, as she should) and plays favorites amongst the staff, all to keep the other managers and supervisors on the manufacturing floor pitted against each other so they're too busy blame-shifting and jockeying to curry favor to keep them from turning on her.

Engineering (where I work) is thankfully separate from the plant management, meaning we don't report to them. Therefore, I have a nice outside perspective on the whole matter.

Engineering wants to make changes for the better. Quality wants to make a change for the better. Sales and Purchasing wants to make a change for the better. Human Resources wants to make a change for the better. The people who work on the manufacturing floor want to make a change for the better.

The only ones who are fighting improvements are the people who should be pushing hardest for the improvements, and this is absolutely NOT OKAY.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5976 on: January 11, 2018, 02:50:32 AM »

It seems that it is always the micromanagers that somehow make it to the top that think pitting people against each other and fostering an environment of combativeness is actually a viable management style.  Some actually think it breeds leanness and competition, when in fact it usually leads to disillusionment and waste.  Sorry to hear your this Jev.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5977 on: January 11, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »

Ugh, why do people have to be so STUPID?!?!

This is a Fortune 100 company we work for, folks. You CANNOT be afraid to innovate! Our products are only as innovative as the newest innovation in the case, and when your newest innovation is over ten years old, YOU HAVE AN OLD PRODUCT!!!

Honestly, I blame the plant management for this. It's like the manufacturing version of Game of Thrones. The plant manager is a rude, demeaning, condescending micromanager (who was blatantly stated to be a diversity hire) who fosters a culture of backstabbing and rumors. She encourages rumors (or at least doesn't try to stop rumors, as she should) and plays favorites amongst the staff, all to keep the other managers and supervisors on the manufacturing floor pitted against each other so they're too busy blame-shifting and jockeying to curry favor to keep them from turning on her.

Engineering (where I work) is thankfully separate from the plant management, meaning we don't report to them. Therefore, I have a nice outside perspective on the whole matter.

Engineering wants to make changes for the better. Quality wants to make a change for the better. Sales and Purchasing wants to make a change for the better. Human Resources wants to make a change for the better. The people who work on the manufacturing floor want to make a change for the better.

The only ones who are fighting improvements are the people who should be pushing hardest for the improvements, and this is absolutely NOT OKAY.
Time to innovate. Try to find a replacement "diversity" hire in a different department. Then it will cushion the......whatever you call idiots that buy into diversity hiring, and they can get rid of this bitch.

Or y'know, you could really start some shell, and confront her directly about how she is so worthless as a manager that you get to hear about in engineering. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5978 on: January 11, 2018, 01:57:46 PM »

Time to innovate. Try to find a replacement "diversity" hire in a different department. Then it will cushion the......whatever you call idiots that buy into diversity hiring, and they can get rid of this bitch.

Or y'know, you could really start some shell, and confront her directly about how she is so worthless as a manager that you get to hear about in engineering. Grin

Oh I don't think so. If I, as a white male, were to do that, I've no doubt I would have an EEO complaint filed againat me, given that she is a Hispanic woman.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5979 on: January 11, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

Oh I don't think so. If I, as a white male, were to do that, I've no doubt I would have an EEO complaint filed againat me, given that she is a Hispanic woman.
You and the acronyms. An asshole is an asshole in any language. Besides, I'm sure you can come up with a well worded justification. The only problem would be getting it heard by a rational person. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5980 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »

You and the acronyms. An asshole is an asshole in any language. Besides, I'm sure you can come up with a well worded justification. The only problem would be getting it heard by a rational person. Undecided

EEO = Equal Employment Opportunity

Basically, I'd have racism and sexism complaints filed on me because I am a white male and she is a Hispanic female.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5981 on: January 11, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »

EEO = Equal Employment Opportunity

Basically, I'd have racism and sexism complaints filed on me because I am a white male and she is a Hispanic female.
Whatever. Simply state that you'd have the same problems even if she were a white man. Incompetent bullshell is incompetent bullshell.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5982 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »

Welcome to my company, where everything is made up and the drawinga don't matter.

I swear it's like I take two steps forward and get knocked back five.

*sigh* I need either a win or to find a new job.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5983 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »

Welcome to my company, where everything is made up and the drawinga don't matter.

I swear it's like I take two steps forward and get knocked back five.

*sigh* I need either a win or to find a new job.
Well get the girl first.

Sig by For Tyeth

LightAndDark
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5984 on: January 11, 2018, 10:08:35 PM »

When you're so ready for a package to come in and it gets delayed from the weather and wont let you know when it will arrive  Angry

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: