Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313030 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5955 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »

Issue with multiplayer is needing online access, and I’m not really wanting to drop 60 bucks for PlayStation Plus lol

That's my problem too. I kinda wish they'd sell cheaper versions of the games that only have the offline features built in, with the ability to add online stuff later through a paid update if you decide to go for Plastation Plus or XBox Live.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5956 on: January 03, 2018, 03:52:35 PM »

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about?  Like I said, I have navy blue hair and I hear this all the time (and I'm not even middle-aged!), so how is it aimed at you??  A lot of the people I work with have pink, blue, green, etc. hair and they are about my age and hear it also.  Not sure why you took that personally, weirdo.  Wink
Random Thoughts. I commented on Laura Dern's hair in TLJ. The first human character to have a non-traditional hair color is a middle aged woman, struck me as "mid-life crisis." However, if the random color changes were not a new thing for an individual, I wouldn't think anything of it. Scratch that, second human. I forgot about Sabine.

Yeah, I feel the same way, man.  I mean, I like all the humans myself, but it always makes me smile when a straight person can look at someone of the same sex as themselves and be like, "that person is HOT."  Attraction is attraction. I also think it's cool to see what others find attractive.  I know my particulars are definitely not mainstream, so when I see that someone else likes what I like, I smile.  
Thanks

... I rest my case. No further explanations needed. But it's not a gendered thing. No way. Never. I hope you like sacarasm. And with this, I'm away from this forum for a long time, because of guys like you and DaddyFlip. Well done.
In the hopes that you come back to read this,

How often did you, a dude, have been hit by a girl unwanted? Or have been touched by a girl unwanted? How often did you, a dude, have been hit by another dude unwanted? Or have been touched by a dude unwanted? Several times a year? If so, man, that's hard: welcome to my world as a woman. If not? Go figure.
This is my point. Men in general won't complain. But there are situations in which they will (depending on their moral center). Predominantly, if they are in a relationship, attention from another woman has great potential to be problematic. Yes, I have been in that situation. Despite being flattered by the attention, I knew that life at home would be beyond uncomfortable if the behavior continued. So, to return to my initial comment, although women face it most often, it is not a gender exclusive problem.

P.S. If you wanna move on from this topic?  FIREWORKS.  I HATE THEM.  They've been popping them here for 3 days and I'm like jflasdfkjlasdkhfds.  STOP IT.
Speaking of.....thanks for reminding me of the one upside to this kriffing Hoth-like weather. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY set off fireworks this year for the Eve. Loved it.

Also, hash tags #getonmynerves.

#nobodygivestwokriffsaboutthemundaneoccurancesofyourboringlife Tongue

I caught a stomach bug at some point and spent most of last night, starting at about eight, in the bathroom. All the fun of a hangover without the drinking!
TMAI. 2018 is sucking......hard.

I always called it the pound symbol.

#Ifindhastagspointless
I got pissed when people started calling it "pound". I was like "What the frell is 'pound'?" It's # = number.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5957 on: January 03, 2018, 08:55:17 PM »

Is Battlefront II’s campaign long? I thought about getting it but I’m not an online/multiplayer guy

Not terribly (Sorry, just catching up for the day). The first one is a good probably 20 or so hours, probably more, the second I finished in about 4 I think. The fact that the story is canon made it worth getting the game for me. I did already have PlayStation Plus membership though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5958 on: January 03, 2018, 10:09:32 PM »

Man, I bought a work laptop last month, and two weeks after i bought it, it went on sale for $100 more off  Sad

The laptop I got was an open box model, so I got some pretty good savings in the end :]

I'm an introvert, the less I deal with others, the better. My last job I had my "office" in a back room and the best days were when no one was working in there and the engineer wouldn't come back and pester me for help. Set my desktop Dalek to exterminate, get 3 laptops up and running with different entertainment options, crank the music, don the magnifying visor and go to town.

I used to think I was an extrovert only because when I'm around my friends, I usually take the lead role and I can be energetic. But lately it's just so tiring to go out all the time, and then I found out the actual meaning of intro/extrovert and I lean more towards introvert

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5959 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »

Being told I might have to work on my only day off this week

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5960 on: January 04, 2018, 12:12:08 AM »

Starting 2018 off right! My phone died, verizon's cheapest phone is $520, and I have lost my keys. just fantastic.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5961 on: January 04, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »

Did a beautiful paint-job on a part... then immediately dropped it. Blanking sick of my hands not working  Angry Angry Angry Angry

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5962 on: January 06, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »

Random Thoughts. I commented on Laura Dern's hair in TLJ. The first human character to have a non-traditional hair color is a middle aged woman, struck me as "mid-life crisis." However, if the random color changes were not a new thing for an individual, I wouldn't think anything of it. Scratch that, second human. I forgot about Sabine.

I actually had to go digging for it lol.  See, if I had seen it there, I would have openly given you sh*t for it.   Wink   Want me to give you some now?  Weird-colored hair doesn't mean a mid-life crisis, Logos, OMG.   Better?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5963 on: January 06, 2018, 02:12:58 AM »

Holdo having Purple Hair (or Dame Edna Hair as Mark Hamill put it) was one of those many small things that added up for me.  Sabine has multicoleored hair, but shes and artist who obviously likes color play on everything, including herself.  Holdo just shows up as this high ranking official that has apparently known Leia for years...and she has Purple Hair.  Just kind of stuck out like a sore thumb.... like they were saying "look, Laura Dern is a star wars character..see she has purple hair.."

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5964 on: January 08, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »

I actually had to go digging for it lol.  See, if I had seen it there, I would have openly given you sh*t for it.   Wink   Want me to give you some now?  Weird-colored hair doesn't mean a mid-life crisis, Logos, OMG.   Better?
I couldn't give you flack about mid-life crisis because you are in and around my age (I think). Grin But like I also said, when "odd" hair colors aren't out of the ordinary for an individual, I wouldn't think anything of it.

Holdo having Purple Hair (or Dame Edna Hair as Mark Hamill put it) was one of those many small things that added up for me.  Sabine has multicoleored hair, but shes and artist who obviously likes color play on everything, including herself.  Holdo just shows up as this high ranking official that has apparently known Leia for years...and she has Purple Hair.  Just kind of stuck out like a sore thumb.... like they were saying "look, Laura Dern is a star wars character..see she has purple hair.."
This. Before Disney, I can't recall any human characters that had unnaturally colored hair. (never read comics)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5965 on: January 08, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »

I'm an introvert, the less I deal with others, the better. My last job I had my "office" in a back room and the best days were when no one was working in there and the engineer wouldn't come back and pester me for help. Set my desktop Dalek to exterminate, get 3 laptops up and running with different entertainment options, crank the music, don the magnifying visor and go to town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o    Grin Tongue

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5966 on: January 08, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »

Lolol thanks for that D7

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5967 on: January 08, 2018, 06:21:51 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o</a>

AWESOME! +1

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5968 on: January 09, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »

I couldn't give you flack about mid-life crisis because you are in and around my age (I think). Grin But like I also said, when "odd" hair colors aren't out of the ordinary for an individual, I wouldn't think anything of it.
This. Before Disney, I can't recall any human characters that had unnaturally colored hair. (never read comics)

I was reading about Holdo on Wookieepedia, and odd colored hair is something she has had all her life. Supposedly Leia and her went to some school to learn politics together when they were teenagers, and that is how they met. I guess all this is covered in one of the books, I think the Aftermath books or something.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5969 on: January 09, 2018, 09:51:52 PM »

I was reading about Holdo on Wookieepedia, and odd colored hair is something she has had all her life. Supposedly Leia and her went to some school to learn politics together when they were teenagers, and that is how they met. I guess all this is covered in one of the books, I think the Aftermath books or something.
Again, blah blah blah. We were introduced to the character as an older woman, with no backstory.

And I'm not even getting into my thoughts on the books. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: