Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288463 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7125 on: June 29, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »

The area is pink and a bit tender, but no swelling. I iced it immediately. I actually forgot it was there until I saw this thread.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #7126 on: June 29, 2018, 11:02:13 PM »

Yup, that Southern weather...

And I prefer to run outside, I don’t like treadmills.  So I ran three miles in the 107 F heat index. It wasn’t fun.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7127 on: June 29, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »

I used to not have issues with Bee or Wasp stings...
Then one day I was working on a pool (back when I did that... so about 6-8 years ago) when a swarm of @$$holes (wasps) came out of the air conditioner unit and nailed me 17 times in the back and arms...  It hurt, a lot.
I got my can(s) of Raid from my service truck and proceeded to hose those b*st*rds down and step on them... until I noticed I was having difficulty breathing.  I then got in my truck, drove to the nearest Walgreens thinking "benadryl..."  I made it inside, went to the pharmacy counter and the pharmacist took a look at me, paged her manager, grabbed an epi-pen from the fridge and jammed it into my thigh.  THAT REALLY HURT... but I think the manager called 911, and I think the pharmacist saved my life... there was an EMT checking me out that I vaguely remember, and they called my employer from the company phone I had... Ultimately I was fine, I took a 2 hour nap in the Walgreens parking lot, then drove the truck back to work and went home... now I have to carry epi-pens when I go certain places that put me at risk to encounter nature.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #7128 on: June 29, 2018, 11:09:23 PM »

Then one day I was working on a pool (back when I did that... so about 6-8 years ago) when a swarm of @$$holes (wasps) came out of the air conditioner unit and nailed me 17 times in the back and arms...  It hurt, a lot.
I got my can(s) of Raid from my service truck and proceeded to hose those b*st*rds down and step on them... until I noticed I was having difficulty breathing.  I then got in my truck, drove to the nearest Walgreens thinking "benadryl..."  I made it inside, went to the pharmacy counter and the pharmacist took a look at me, paged her manager, grabbed an epi-pen from the fridge and jammed it into my thigh.  THAT REALLY HURT... but I think the manager called 911, and I think the pharmacist saved my life... there was an EMT checking me out that I vaguely remember, and they called my employer from the company phone I had... Ultimately I was fine, I took a 2 hour nap in the Walgreens parking lot, then drove the truck back to work and went home... now I have to carry epi-pens when I go certain places that put me at risk to encounter nature.

Ouch!  That is a hard way to learn about an allergy.  Glad you came out alright though, could have been much worse.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7129 on: June 29, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »

I'm surprised that after they used an epi on you that the EMS didn't take you to the hospital. But you got lucky they have it to you.

I was messing around with an expired epi pen once and it almost took the tip of my finger off, scared the hell out of me! That thing shot the liquid like a 100 feet LOL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7130 on: June 30, 2018, 01:48:31 AM »

Tell me about it, he's been through a lot lately.

Are you okay, Frizzen?  Hopefully, the damages weren't too bad?

Very true, the wife is allergic to all bee, wasp, and hornets so when she sees them, she freaks out and runs the other way.  

One of my neighbors has a husky (named Pig pen) who is not the brightest knife in the box. He does not like being on his leash and walks slow. Well he was still crossing the street when the Ram driver (who was not watching the road turned the corner in a California Roll and was accelerating. I got him out of the way ind got clipped on the corner of the truck and caught the curb and sidewalk on the way down. I was immediately ambulatory and I got Pigpen out of the way.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #7131 on: June 30, 2018, 02:23:06 AM »

As they say, its not the heat..its the humidity.  Prowl and I are from the same state and the thermometer may not read as high as some places...but this time of year it can feel like someone soaked a wool blanket in water and wrapped it around your head.

Oh I know all about humidity.. it was 92 here today but the humidity brought it up to 108...  I'm moving saber training to mornings... cause afternoon heat is horrid.

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7132 on: June 30, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »

I’m glad you’re okay, JE.  That’s an un-fun way of finding out that you’re allergic to bees but what’s a fun or good way to find out anyhow?  Thankfully, you had the right mindset to go to your local Walgreens and the pharmacist took action.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7133 on: June 30, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »

And I prefer to run outside, I don’t like treadmills.  So I ran three miles in the 107 F heat index. It wasn’t fun.

I’m the same way Prowl. Ran in 100+ degree weather here in Texas the other day and it took a lot out of me. I prefer running in 50 to 60 degrees

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7134 on: June 30, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »

One of my neighbors has a husky (named Pig pen) who is not the brightest knife in the box. He does not like being on his leash and walks slow. Well he was still crossing the street when the Ram driver (who was not watching the road turned the corner in a California Roll and was accelerating. I got him out of the way ind got clipped on the corner of the truck and caught the curb and sidewalk on the way down. I was immediately ambulatory and I got Pigpen out of the way.

Point for you for saving Big Pen.  Glad you didn’t get hurt worse than you did though. I’m pretty sure your neighbor was appreciative about what you did. 

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #7135 on: June 30, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »

I’m the same way Prowl. Ran in 100+ degree weather here in Texas the other day and it took a lot out of me. I prefer running in 50 to 60 degrees

Yeah I'm taking a rest day today, too much humidity.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7136 on: June 30, 2018, 10:27:35 PM »

A friday night and whole saturday wasted because of a Kriffing Migraine.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7137 on: July 01, 2018, 12:26:54 AM »

A friday night and whole saturday wasted because of a Kriffing Migraine.

We, I hate that.  I wife has prescribed medication for hers and she gets really strong ones. Excedrin works for me though so that may work for you? If not, I’d see your PCP

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7138 on: July 01, 2018, 02:03:19 AM »

I have a friend who has FMLA dor migraines. She's allotted 8 days a month for migraines, which act like extra days off from work in addition to vacation, sick time, and floating holidays.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7139 on: July 01, 2018, 08:10:44 AM »

The company could make her burn her sick time or vacation along with the FMLA. They don't have to pay her for just FMLA, by law they only have to let her off and not fire her. So they could dock her fur FMLA days, and you dug have unlimited FMLA, you get a certain amount of hours (days) and if you go past that in the company's calendar year they can let you go.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: