Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy Adegan Silver Review + Lee Filters!  (Read 30302 times)
Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »

Heh, even though I do not own any Ultra Saber yet; I already ordered one of those LEE filter booklets. In my country they had them for sale online for only €4,50  Grin

So if ever I get the money together for an Ultra Saber, I'm going for the Adegan Silver because it has so much potential and would really allow me to have a real personalized saber!!  Tongue

But one thing that I found odd... RLYHYPERGUY? You mentioned that you couldn't get Red; but why is that? Is it because the white light combined with any red filter would simply not give you a decent red blade color?

█||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)
Don't have an Ultra Saber to list yet Sad

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »

Heh, even though I do not own any Ultra Saber yet; I already ordered one of those LEE filter booklets. In my country they had them for sale online for only €4,50  Grin

So if ever I get the money together for an Ultra Saber, I'm going for the Adegan Silver because it has so much potential and would really allow me to have a real personalized saber!!  Tongue

But one thing that I found odd... RLYHYPERGUY? You mentioned that you couldn't get Red; but why is that? Is it because the white light combined with any red filter would simply not give you a decent red blade color?

I would guess it's quite difficult to get a solid red color using the color discs.  Any colors you make are guaranteed to be slightly washed out looking, due to the fact that you're not using a pure color LED - you will never get the vibrant red unless you use an actual red LED in the saber.  The red color discs tend to make the blade more of a pink color.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »

It's because it always washes out to a pink lol. You could probably find a really dark red filter (it might look brownish though) except it might be REALLY dim. If you want a bright red them filters aren't the way to go. Oh, and if I were you I would get a staff for your first saber, then you could get one side silver and the one a color (maybe red Wink) of your choice!

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

I would guess it's quite difficult to get a solid red color using the color discs.  Any colors you make are guaranteed to be slightly washed out looking, due to the fact that you're not using a pure color LED - you will never get the vibrant red unless you use an actual red LED in the saber.  The red color discs tend to make the blade more of a pink color.
It's because it always washes out to a pink lol. You could probably find a really dark red filter (it might look brownish though) except it might be REALLY dim. If you want a bright red them filters aren't the way to go. Oh, and if I were you I would get a staff for your first saber, then you could get one side silver and the one a color (maybe red Wink) of your choice!

Ah, thanks for explaining that guys. Yeah, I figured that it might all turn into different shades of pink. But no worries as I'm more of a Light Side guy myself (and that Orange from the standard color disc looked pretty slick, even for a Sith)  Cool

As to the type of weapon. Personally I have no great love for staff-sabers at all. I'm more of the twohanded singlesaber guy. So more the Guardian of SW:TOR if I had to compare it to that I guess (no clue if there's actually a Saber Form that mainly focuses on twohanded singlesaber combat; but if there is, I'd probably feel right at home there)  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:11:21 PM by Danakar Endeel » Logged

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »

Ah, thanks for explaining that guys. Yeah, I figured that it might all turn into different shades of pink. But no worries as I'm more of a Light Side guy myself (and that Orange from the standard color disc looked pretty slick, even for a Sith)  Cool

As to the type of weapon. Personally I have no great love for staff-sabers at all. I'm more of the twohanded singlesaber guy. So more the Guardian of SW:TOR if I had to compare it to that I guess (no clue if there's actually a Saber Form that mainly focuses on twohanded singlesaber combat; but if there is, I'd probably feel right at home there)  Tongue

Sounds good!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »

great review. it was  very informative. adegan silver is a very cool color. i think ik the coolor for my next saber  Grin

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »

Woohoo! My own booklet of Lee filters arrived today! I can't believe how many different colors there are in that booklet. Must be hundreds of them  Grin

Now all I need is a lightsaber *LOL*  Tongue

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »

Get one quickly!  Grin

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »

Get one quickly!  Grin

Would if I could, but my creditcard needs to recharge a little first. That, and I'm holding off on a purchase for a while longer because of something Emory told me in an email  Tongue

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:33 AM »

Would if I could, but my creditcard needs to recharge a little first. That, and I'm holding off on a purchase for a while longer because of something Emory told me in an email  Tongue

Oh, OK gotcha.  Wink

Vetinari
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

Yeah I've got the same set up lee filters + adegan silver prophecy. It's so fun! (You can kinda get red - the strange brown looking filter called blood red, but it's REALLY dim)

War Glaive - Guardian Blue
Liberator - Fire Orange
Prophecy - Adegan Silver
Asajj Ventress Force FX

Darth Kenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

nice colors

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for filters for a while now where did you get yours?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:25:56 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 03:28:12 AM »

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for filters for a while now where did you get yours?

In Holland I got my booklet from Bax-Shop.nl. It seems to specialize in stuff for DJ's and such. But initially I just Googled it until I found a shop that had them in my own country  Cheesy

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 04:36:17 AM »

In Holland I got my booklet from Bax-Shop.nl. It seems to specialize in stuff for DJ's and such. But initially I just Googled it until I found a shop that had them in my own country  Cheesy

Holland! Sounds good, Guess I need to learn Dutch.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: