Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: TLJ did something terrible (no spoilers)  (Read 10051 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »

TLJ pissed me off, too, but it didn't ruin Star Wars for me.  The Prequels already did.

What this did is ruin Disney Star Wars for me.

mongoose
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 01:45:15 AM »

TLJ pissed me off, too, but it didn't ruin Star Wars for me.  The Prequels already did.

What this did is ruin Disney Star Wars for me.
Yes, TLJ totally had Disney's fingerprints all over everything but oddly enough I still didn't mind the porgs. I enjoyed the movie but it's not one I feel the need to see again in theaters and certainly not near the top of my favorites list either.

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 36

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 03:12:39 AM »

They also told you where blue milk comes from!

Seriously Lana.  Call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the Dangerzone.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »

I didn't care for how characters from originals were handled in TFA as it undid lessons the characters already learned and taught us. The prequels didn't ruin anything for me, they were a different type of saga that served their purpose of showing the failures that led to the building of the evil Empire through high minded shortsightedness and political idealism that historically fails as much in real life as this fantasy. The Darkside(evil) tempts us all with what we think we want to our own downfall. The prequels didn't stand the same as the originals, but that's part of why Lucas chose to tell his idea of the originals first. TLJ seemed a bit shallow to me. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't live up to the originals and needs much propping up to fill in the potential plot holes. However, I see a theme of overconfidence causing each side losses. They applied a sense of humor to the villains that weakened things to me. Snoke is powerful, but his presence wasn't. If JJ brings nostalgia to the next film, that may satisfy the feelings of many fans, but I sorely missed the core character heart stolen from the original film characters. As there are none left, I am just not that into the new characters established. The only one I've connected to is Finn. Though, I can't tell if he's supposed to be in love with Rey or just a strong bond of friendship. I wasn't feeling anything to warrant Rose kissing him. So, she got to go on a mission with a hyped up hero. Stop him from saving everyone and kiss him?

TFA already violently pushed me into a state of "Disney is fan fiction" that TLJ didn't bring me back from. I just find myself mulling it all over without much inspiration. The return in general has gotten me reading the books to find the books written (in the years before Disney's purchase) are much more in line with the heart and feel of the characters from the originals.

They also told you where blue milk comes from!

Green.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 06:30:16 PM »

I didn't care for how characters from originals were handled in TFA as it undid lessons the characters already learned and taught us. The prequels didn't ruin anything for me, they were a different type of saga that served their purpose of showing the failures that led to the building of the evil Empire through high minded shortsightedness and political idealism that historically fails as much in real life as this fantasy. The Darkside(evil) tempts us all with what we think we want to our own downfall. The prequels didn't stand the same as the originals, but that's part of why Lucas chose to tell his idea of the originals first. TLJ seemed a bit shallow to me. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't live up to the originals and needs much propping up to fill in the potential plot holes. However, I see a theme of overconfidence causing each side losses. They applied a sense of humor to the villains that weakened things to me. Snoke is powerful, but his presence wasn't. If JJ brings nostalgia to the next film, that may satisfy the feelings of many fans, but I sorely missed the core character heart stolen from the original film characters. As there are none left, I am just not that into the new characters established. The only one I've connected to is Finn. Though, I can't tell if he's supposed to be in love with Rey or just a strong bond of friendship. I wasn't feeling anything to warrant Rose kissing him. So, she got to go on a mission with a hyped up hero. Stop him from saving everyone and kiss him?

TFA already violently pushed me into a state of "Disney is fan fiction" that TLJ didn't bring me back from. I just find myself mulling it all over without much inspiration. The return in general has gotten me reading the books to find the books written (in the years before Disney's purchase) are much more in line with the heart and feel of the characters from the originals.

Green.

D'oh!!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »

Well, I loved it.  I felt the same excitement I felt as a child who saw it for the first time at a very young age.  Hate it if you want.  That's your right.  But letting one movie ruin an entire experience for you?  Okay, man.  I don't get it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »

It ruined my love for Star Wars and lightsabers. Something I’ve enjoyed and been obsessed with for years has single handedly been snuffed out. I hate to give up this hobby and the dreams of having a diamond saber but now it just has no meaning for me Sad
C'mon, seriously? If TFA didn't outright murder and piss on your love of SW then surely this movie couldn't have done worse. Honestly, even despite my utter hatred of what Disney has done to my beloved franchise, even I enjoyed this movie for the most part. Hell, I even got a new contender for my all-time favorite scene.

Green.
No, I think it was supposed to be a throwback to the blue milk.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »

More smear hatred for the movie?? Good Grace....

Let it go!!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 02:25:53 AM »

No, I think it was supposed to be a throwback to the blue milk.

Oh, it's definitely a throwback to Luke's blue milk on Tatooine, but it was clearly green in TLJ.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »

Oh, it's definitely a throwback to Luke's blue milk on Tatooine, but it was clearly green in TLJ.
It hadn't been pasteurized yet. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »

Drinks blue milk. Gets blue lightsaber. Makes green lightsaber. Drinks green milk.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »

Drinks blue milk. Gets blue lightsaber. Makes green lightsaber. Drinks green milk.

Mind. Blown.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:40 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »

? Why?  What's wrong with TLJ?

It felt like a major improvement from TFA to me...

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »

? Why?  What's wrong with TLJ?

It felt like a major improvement from TFA to me...

I agree!!  I liked it much better than TFA.  But I would like to know what happened to Luke's green saber.  Lost in the fire?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: