Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 214179 times)
BlackBlade
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

Hello my friends,

I'm very new to this hobby, and planning to get a Raven with Violet color, and Guardian with guardian blue. I wanted to go for Midgrade blade, but I don't see where can I choose the blade length.

Does the blade automatically come with standard 36 inches? I heard the Raven and Guardian take the blades deeper into the hilts, so would it be preferred to have a 40 inch? If so, how shall I choose my blade length?
I still haven't checked out because I'm afraid I missed something.

I would really appreciate for some assistance, and thank you in advance for all the friends here!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

All blades come in 36" unless you specify a different length in the Order Comments box during checkout. Anything between 16" and 40" is possible. For your sabers I would stick to the standard 36" blades if you're "normal" in height (up to 6') and only use the 40" if you're higher than 6'. Otherwise you might have difficulties regarding the handling and balance. These are only guesses, though, since I don't own both sabers.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 04:44:58 AM »

Nitro Sharp.  I have a saber in AS.  Had to pay a little extra for the color disks at time of purchase.  Can also be ordered separately.  Suggest buying two sets if going that route.   If you can get Lee or another filter book, there will be loads of possible color combinations without making the blade too dull.  I really like the silver- white color on it's own.

Oops ... replying to a really outdated question.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:51:32 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

jman30000
Force Sensitive

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »

I have a problem. I don't know which colors look best in which blades. can someone give  e their preferences or something. please and thank you.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »

I have a problem. I don't know which colors look best in which blades. can someone give  e their preferences or something. please and thank you.

Here is the thread about blade types: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

jman30000
Force Sensitive

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »

thank you very much you really helped

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

Thank you very much! Point to you.

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

DelRey
Force Sensitive

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »

I am looking to buy one but I did find it very confusing on what to pick/need.  This helped a lot, thanks!

Tyrendeth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

The cake is a lie, there is only pie.

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2014, 02:55:01 AM »

I'm 6'3" and the 36" blade in the dark war glaive I have is actually a perfect length for me. I actually surprised people under 6' don't request shorter blades.

Dark War Glaive OS w/ SRD
Dark War Glaive OS w/ SRD
Reaper OS w/ BR
Unknown Raffle OS w/Emeraldx2

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »

At 5'9" I feel like I'm in between so I go with a 32 inch when indoors/cosplaying. And a thirty-six inch when I'm outside have lots of room, am facing multiple opponents with one saber.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Shinizanna
Force Sensitive

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »

Hi all guys! I have a question or..better two XD
In this period i can use only the winter raffle coupon or can i use others too?
Question 2 is.. in the cart, where i have to type "winter raffle" ? i didn't find a coupon field..
Thanks!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »

Hi all guys! I have a question or..better two XD
In this period i can use only the winter raffle coupon or can i use others too?
Question 2 is.. in the cart, where i have to type "winter raffle" ? i didn't find a coupon field..
Thanks!

You should probably email Emory at [email protected] if you have questions about other coupons.  Not sure if there are any other coupons other than the WinterRaffle right now.

To answer your 2nd question...When you are in the Cart section look underneath the item description and you will see Coupon Code.  Enter "WinterRaffle" in that box and it will show up when you hit apply.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:35:35 PM by KraytDragonPearl » Logged

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »

This was extremely useful to me!  I've spent about 3 hours on this forum today.  I think I've read just about everything I can get my hands on, but this was particularly useful in helping me make my decision for my first saber.  Smiley

darth_scorn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2015, 03:22:04 AM »

have you ever spent 40 minutes picking out a couple of new sabers but forget to buy replacement batteries for the saber you have?               

i just did Undecided

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:28 PM »

Im new in the forum. Thanks, will help me to make the right decision on my first saber. A point for you.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: