Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 214501 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »

No, because it uses a RGB LED which is pre-wired to produce Arctic Blue (as Dauntless Seven already said). If you specifically want a RGB saber that can produce 7 colours, then you have to order from the sabers that are RGB capable. Not all sabers are RGB sabers, so you have to look on the product pages.

And please, read through the forum rules and acknowledge them before your next post!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Nisten
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »

I dont suppose anyone knows offhand why the fire orange only looks good in mid/heavy grade? I figured that something like ultra-edge, be it mid or heavy grade, would be good for any color.

The truth rarely lies at either end of a spectrum, instead look somewhere in-between.

Arsenal
Sentinel V4 staff, FO/GB blades, no sound.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

The problem with UltraEdge is that it washes out some colours and make them look more pastel-like, especially the red and yellow shades - this also includes Fire Orange and its darker version Pyrestone Orange. However, you have to keep in mind that these are mainly personal opinions! There are always people who love these colours in UltraEdge blades although somebody else might say it doesn't fit Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

WildGhoul
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »

Very informative. Well done and thank you.

gforceatwsi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2015, 10:37:21 PM »

I am new to ultrasabers and I want to get one shortly. My big question is about the flash on clash option. If I choose not to include FOC on a saber with sound, even though I know it is highly recommended by a lot of people; does the saber still have collision sounds or effects but it just doesn't change color, or would I need to get FOC to have those options. Thank you in advance for any help.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »

You will still have the impact sounds, but no effects, i.e. no colour changing and flashing. If you want these, you have to get FoC!

Sig by Master Nero

TBall2
Force Sensitive

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2015, 12:33:09 AM »

Guys please help me... I'm a really poor kid (16) and I've dreamed for years and years about owning my own lightsaber and I see that this dream could come true, except i cant afford it... i made a gofundme and i really hope you guys help me out. Here's the link gofundme.com/hmg3w82k any amount helps guys.

p.s.
May the force be with you

dreambeliever
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2015, 01:59:49 PM »

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been answered but if I only require one color for my blade is standard saber the option I should go for?

I can only see the advantage of Emerald if you want to toggle different colors

Is that correct?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been answered but if I only require one color for my blade is standard saber the option I should go for?

I can only see the advantage of Emerald if you want to toggle different colors

Is that correct?

More or less, yes, you are correct.

The emerald does provide for different features, though. You can change the hue/shade of a color.  If you think your color is too light or dark, you can adjust it. You can add a flicker or shimmer to it, as well. It makes it look like it's pulsing like the sabers in the movies. You can adjust the speed and color of the flicker, too. It can glow blue for a while, then switch to green, purple, orange, or whatever and back to blue. And, you have unlimited choices for your flash on clash.

The best thing going for the emerald, though, is the ability to completely change colors. Your tastes, styles, and needs may change. I was at an event where me and another person dressed in costume. I normally go with pyrestone orange, but she was going to have a red saber. I changed to consular green with a push of a button on my laptop, and there was no confusion at the event. I got home and switched it back.

Are you thinking about adding sound? If so, I highly recommend the Obsidian v4. The premium ssoundboard is far superior than the Lite in many  respects. And, the v4 is only $10 more (I believe), and you get A LOT more.

It all depends on your wants/needs and budget. I went big for my first saber and got all the bells and whistles. I do not regret it. I don't have to play the, "I wish I would've got..." game.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

dreambeliever
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »

More or less, yes, you are correct.

The emerald does provide for different features, though. You can change the hue/shade of a color.  If you think your color is too light or dark, you can adjust it. You can add a flicker or shimmer to it, as well. It makes it look like it's pulsing like the sabers in the movies. You can adjust the speed and color of the flicker, too. It can glow blue for a while, then switch to green, purple, orange, or whatever and back to blue. And, you have unlimited choices for your flash on clash.

The best thing going for the emerald, though, is the ability to completely change colors. Your tastes, styles, and needs may change. I was at an event where me and another person dressed in costume. I normally go with pyrestone orange, but she was going to have a red saber. I changed to consular green with a push of a button on my laptop, and there was no confusion at the event. I got home and switched it back.

Are you thinking about adding sound? If so, I highly recommend the Obsidian v4. The premium ssoundboard is far superior than the Lite in many  respects. And, the v4 is only $10 more (I believe), and you get A LOT more.

It all depends on your wants/needs and budget. I went big for my first saber and got all the bells and whistles. I do not regret it. I don't have to play the, "I wish I would've got..." game.

Thanks that's a super reply. Ya I definitely want sound so I'll probably go with all the bells and whistles, my only concern is so many mixed reviews I've read online regarding the wiring and so so soldering.

I've got a Kylo Ren costume so I'm looking at the Flamberge.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »

Thanks that's a super reply. Ya I definitely want sound so I'll probably go with all the bells and whistles, my only concern is so many mixed reviews I've read online regarding the wiring and so so soldering.

I've got a Kylo Ren costume so I'm looking at the Flamberge.

I read the same thing, too, before I bought mine. If I'm going to drop $500 on something, I'm going to spend a lot of time reading up on it. Are there US sabers out there where the soldering and wiring came undone? Yes, absolutely. Are there US sabers out there that are years old and still work like day one with no major repairs needing to be done? Yes, of course. Think of it like cars from a reputable brand. The vast majority will be fine, and there will be a few duds. But, what gets all the press? The duds. What convinced me was this forum. I have read so much praise here that far outweighed the gripes elsewhere.  Also, the bad reviews never state what they were doing before the problem.  Did they pull the battery pack too hard? That'll rip wires and solders. Did they shake the snot out of the holt without the blade or blade plug in there to protect the LED? I never read or see that.  I just see, "It just stopped working."  Well, that's going to happen, too. Did they attempt to contact US to get it fixed? Probably not.  I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

dreambeliever
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »

I read the same thing, too, before I bought mine. If I'm going to drop $500 on something, I'm going to spend a lot of time reading up on it. Are there US sabers out there where the soldering and wiring came undone? Yes, absolutely. Are there US sabers out there that are years old and still work like day one with no major repairs needing to be done? Yes, of course. Think of it like cars from a reputable brand. The vast majority will be fine, and there will be a few duds. But, what gets all the press? The duds. What convinced me was this forum. I have read so much praise here that far outweighed the gripes elsewhere.  Also, the bad reviews never state what they were doing before the problem.  Did they pull the battery pack too hard? That'll rip wires and solders. Did they shake the snot out of the holt without the blade or blade plug in there to protect the LED? I never read or see that.  I just see, "It just stopped working."  Well, that's going to happen, too. Did they attempt to contact US to get it fixed? Probably not.  I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

Completely agree regarding a first purchase. $500 maybe chump change to some people but it's a lot to spend on a Saber for me so I want to make sure I get the best one out there  Cool

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »

Completely agree regarding a first purchase. $500 maybe chump change to some people but it's a lot to spend on a Saber for me so I want to make sure I get the best one out there  Cool

Point for your wisdom and rationality. 

Pirro
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2016, 06:22:59 AM »

Im looking to get my first saber and I want it to be sith like. Was wondering what options people find the best and which blade type to go with for a blazing red colour (I hear mid-grade or heavy grade is best)

I was also wondering, for a duel bladed saber, what blade length do people find the best. Im 6ft 2 if that helps anyone with suggesting a blade length.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »

You're right about the blade type, although there are others who also like BR in UltraEdge blades. It's mostly a personal decision - I like BR in both blades, no real preference here Cheesy

About the length: it partly depends on the overall hilt length what blade length would be best, but I would suggest a 32" blade first. Normally the entire saber should not be higher than your height + 0.5 ft, otherwise handling becomes more and more difficult.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: