Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 214487 times)
Pirro
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2016, 03:39:40 AM »

Racona Nova

thank you for the advice, I will take it on board when considering which hilt and blade to purchase

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »

Hello,

I'm new and have read your info.  My only real question is, are any of the lightsabers designed to look like Luke's second one that he built AND the original as shown in The Force Awakens?  I'm interested in the one from The Force Awakens, though not looking to break the bank on it.

Thanks ahead.

Eric
Kirk Productions

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »

Hello,

I'm new and have read your info.  My only real question is, are any of the lightsabers designed to look like Luke's second one that he built AND the original as shown in The Force Awakens?  I'm interested in the one from The Force Awakens, though not looking to break the bank on it.

Thanks ahead.

Eric
Kirk Productions

Archon v3 is the replica. Look for it near the bottom of the single blade page. There are a lot of reviews on it in the forums.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

Yes, the one from TFA/ANH/ESB is the Graflex (there are two finishes - normal (SE) and nickel (CE), and you need to configure the two coloured accent buttons yourself to look like the original saber) and the one from ROTJ is the Archon v3, only without the activation box.

Also, if you will do more posting around the forum, please take a look at our forum rules and acknowledge them Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »

Appreciate the quick responses.  Apologies on the forum rules.  I wasn't prompted for anything to acknowledge or I certainly would have.  Not even sure right now where to go to do so.

I see the Graflex, very nice.  How should I be configuring the two accent buttons? lol  

And just for the sake of comparison/price shopping, is $226 a good deal?  I wasn't quite looking to go that high but could. Smiley  

Appreciate any advice.

Eric

PS:  I looked over some of the videos and have a couple questions that maybe you can answer.

1.  On the reference to with sound and without sound.  Is this an either or choice OR, does the sabre simply have the option to have sound on or off at your leisure.

2.  I see they have the "blade".  Does the blade easily come off for moments when say, you are filming and do not have the blade deployed? [Answered, saw third video with it removed]

Thanks,
Eric

Quote from: Racona Nova link=topic=2768.msg406186#msg406186 date=145d2452737
Yes, the one from TFA/ANH/ESB is the Graflex (there are two finishes - normal (SE) and nickel (CE), and you need to configure the two coloured accent buttons yourself to look like the original saber) and the one from ROTJ is the Archon v3, only without the activation box.

Also, if you will do more posting around the forum, please take a look at our forum rules and acknowledge them Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:40:09 PM by kirkeric » Logged

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »

It's here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0
Yes, there is no actual prompt that redirects to the rules. But since it's in bold red letters, it should be recognizable once you go to the home screen of the forum Wink And then it's the very first thread called "RULES - Updated 4/12/2012"

I think the Graflex had two gold buttons, but I can't really remember. And the prices from US are unbeatable - you won't find other sabers in that price segment which are equally sturdy. Almost any other sabersmith will charge you with much higher prices - and much longer construction and shipping times!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2016, 07:53:25 PM »

Thanks.  Acknowledged.  I thought you meant something would have prompted me but got it.

Well that is definitely a nice sabre.  I'm having a heck of time figuring our how to go through the various choices because as soon as I click on the sabre, it flashes the choices then cuts to some other page.

So, what does the $224 price get me?  Is that a base model without any options?  On the page that it jumps to, which is here:

https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-graflexce.htm

As soon as I select with sound for example, it suddenly jumps up considerably.  I can see these are made very well, just trying to get a price on the full thing. lol

It looks like the charger does not come with it?

Eric

It's here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0
Yes, there is no actual prompt that redirects to the rules. But since it's in bold red letters, it should be recognizable once you go to the home screen of the forum Wink And then it's the very first thread called "RULES - Updated 4/12/2012"

I think the Graflex had two gold buttons, but I can't really remember. And the prices from US are unbeatable - you won't find other sabers in that price segment which are equally sturdy. Almost any other sabersmith will charge you with much higher prices - and much longer construction and shipping times!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:57:03 PM by kirkeric » Logged

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »

For stunt sabers the price on the site is always the base model without any customization. Once you add things like blade colour, change the battery setup, add a Recharge Port etc. the price will increase.
For sound/Emerald/sound+Emerald sabers it's the same - the base model with all electronics needed (except blade colour) and no further customization. Any change to this setup will increase the price.
All options display the extra costs that add to the base price. There are also options which decrease the price.

It depends on your options if you get a battery charger or not. With the Li-Ion setup you can choose "Li-Ion batteries only" or "Li-Ion batteries with charger" - either the TrustFire or VP1 where the latter is recommended (Standard setup uses 4x AAA batteries or rechargeables, so you can use a normal battery charger. Li-Ion batteries need special chargers, a normal charger wouldn't work with them).
With a Recharge Port it's the same - you can go with the Port only or include a charger.

And the sound thing - it's "either - or". Stunt sabers come without the Obsidian sound board, sound sabers come either with the v3 Obsidian board or v4 Obsidian board. You can choose which one you want, the v4 is recommended! It gives you the option to mute the saber without the need of a PC. The v3 can only be muted when you connect it to a PC and change the sound font or volume.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:16:11 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2016, 08:13:35 PM »

Thanks.  I guess I am just surprised by all of the options. lol  I mean, that's good, no problem.  It just changes when or if i can get this thing because at the rate I'm going, if I add the charging port (and frankly makes no sense to not have a charger then), this thing will be over $400-500 buckeroos?

I'm not looking to actually fight with it.  I want it for show and for a movie prop because I am a visual effects guy/movie maker.

Eric

For stunt sabers the price on the site is always the base model without any customization. Once you add things like blade colour, change the battery setup, add a Recharge Port etc. the price will increase.
For sound/Emerald/sound+Emerald sabers it's actually the same - the base model with all electronics required (except blade colour) and no further customization.

It depends on your options if you get a battery charger or not. With the Li-Ion setup you can choose "Li-Ion batteries only" or "Li-Ion batteries with charger" - either the TrustFire or VP1 where the latter is recommended (Standard setup uses 4x AAA batteries or rechargeables, so you can use a normal battery charger. Li-Ion batteries need special chargers, a normal charger wouldn't work with them).
With a Recharge Port it's the same - you can go with the Port only or include a charger.

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2016, 09:22:22 PM »

I guess I asked too many questions.  Sorry about that but I suppose if I am considering this investment that there shouldn't a problem.  The more I hear back and learn about it, the more likely I will get one.

Eric

Thanks.  I guess I am just surprised by all of the options. lol  I mean, that's good, no problem.  It just changes when or if i can get this thing because at the rate I'm going, if I add the charging port (and frankly makes no sense to not have a charger then), this thing will be over $400-500 buckeroos?

I'm not looking to actually fight with it.  I want it for show and for a movie prop because I am a visual effects guy/movie maker.

Eric

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2016, 10:19:53 PM »

Eric

Well, yes, that's a realistic price range for a well-equipped Graflex. If you want it to be for show and movies, I suggest getting both the UltraEdge blade for movies/pictures and the silvery Mid Grade blade for showing Smiley If the brand-new blades are too expensive for you, you can also get them as Grab Bag blades - they CAN have slight flaws, but will still be fully operational. Those blades derive from new blades that were used as show blades at cons etc. FYI Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Arx Mereel
Force Sensitive

m

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2016, 04:00:57 AM »

IM still wondering if i should get belicose,prophecy or grab bag

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2016, 07:20:31 AM »

A practically fully equipped Archon v3.1 is over $550 is you have to get everything (as you don't even own a saber yet).  A Graflex SE base cast is a $40 higher, with the CE being one of the most expensive sabers they make being $75 more than the Archon v3.  So a fully decked out and operational Graflex CE will be in the $650 range with shipping costs.

I can't imagine someone making a Graflex CE or Flamberge CE saberstaff.  That would be ridiculous...and expensive.  And likely a pain to duel with.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Odin Lowe
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »

Eric

Hmm. Quite honestly I'd say check elsewhere if you want actual screen accurate or movie prop lightsabers based on TFA/ANH/ESB Graflex or Luke's ROTJ lightsaber, as they are quite different from US' designs.

I actually love UltraSabers for the dueling properties of their sabers, but as a collector, there are other options within a 200$-500$ price range for a screen accurate, FX (light/sounds) lightsaber.

kirkeric
Force Sensitive

« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »

Just getting back to this since I am now in a position to consider making an order but before I get too far, I have a couple quesionts.

For the gentleman below, you mentioned if I may find a more screen accurate saber somewhere?  Any idea where?  From what I can tell THIS site and the Saberforge are about the main two.  The latter of which I was most unimpressed with customer service and they have nothing representative of star wars. 

And my second question is, is there much difference in the two sound board options both in capability and price?

Thanks.

Eric

Hmm. Quite honestly I'd say check elsewhere if you want actual screen accurate or movie prop lightsabers based on TFA/ANH/ESB Graflex or Luke's ROTJ lightsaber, as they are quite different from US' designs.

I actually love UltraSabers for the dueling properties of their sabers, but as a collector, there are other options within a 200$-500$ price range for a screen accurate, FX (light/sounds) lightsaber.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: