Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: V5 Lineup unveiled!  (Read 95455 times)
Dav Yeager
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

Silver, if I would have known I would of saved my money

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »

Silver is one of the brightest colors.  Any pictures of your issue?

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

"Your expectations aren't my responsibilities"

« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2018, 04:14:57 AM »

Sabers are here!!! My girlfriend is on her way over! Cheesy It's killing me not to pull them out and start having fun! HAHAHAHA But she's going to love unboxing them. Video coming tomorrow. It's going to be a good night. (^_^)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2018, 04:17:09 AM »

I'm happy for you two!  Looking forward to the video.  Smiley

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2018, 04:41:56 AM »

I saw your post on FB previous to reading this. Looks like you got some good suggestions over there.

Concerning the LED retention screw, US doesn’t have them in most sabers I’ve seen. The LED holds fine with the blade or blade plug inserted. As far as the brightness factor, I have yet to see an US that was not bright.

My thoughts are that it seems you expected something else. There I can only presume, and I don’t like to make presumptions. An educated guess would be that you bought a saber(s?) from another company and have gotten used to features you enjoy on their product. I saw the FB photos and thought the Aeon looked very cool. Based on your comments, it sounds like the fact that it was all silver disappointed you. And on that score, it’s your saber and therefore “yours” is the most important opinion here because you have to be able to enjoy it.

Suggestions: Try the leather wrap idea, as previously suggested. US are designed for customization in terms of their base line. And an Aeon V5 with claws is a bit of an upgrade for their basic line, but the same motto still applies. Some have colored accents, some are solid silver or black finish. I would say give it a good test drive before you do anything permanent and void the possibility of exchanging it.  Get a feel for the saber.  These are designed for combat, spinning (although the claws on the Aeon and Dominix make spinning more difficult). Look at the overall aethstetic. And in spite of not having an LED retention screw, these are designed to be very sturdy. I’ve seen guys into heavy dueling with competitors sabers who looked pretty enough but were left with deep gashed after a couple of drops. US, under the same heavy conditions have gotten relatively minor scratches by comparison.

Also check out the forum and videos as to how they’ve held up 5-7 years later, what people have used them for, how they customized them. There are places on the forum here which display all that. I think in the end, you’ll find you indeed have something a little different than what you might be used to, but that difference is not really a bad thing. Everyone has their opinions, just as saber manufacturers all make them slightly differently in terms of design and features. Some will tell you anything without sound is just a toy, others will tell you the components used to install sound mars the actual scale in order to fit electronics, and is therefore just a toy.

Find your own way, I say. That might be sticking with your favorite company, or sampling the fruits of various makers to give your collection a sampling of each and some variety.

I have been a return customer of US for various reasons I could give you. But I’m going to let you make up your own mind. The two best pieces of advice I ever recieved on collecting anything is: 1) Collect what YOU like, and 2) Never collect anything because you want to put it in a closet and hope it gains in monetary value. Enjoy it. Play with it. And if it makes you feel like a kid again, congrats—you win Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #275 on: December 11, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »

They are here and they are now in her hands! Cheesy Thanks everyone for keeping me calm through this. And thanks to US for getting these to us so fast. I'll be posting a review later. I couldn't do a full/true unboxing review because I wanted her to be the ones to take them out of the wraps.

Link to thread on this forum.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40403.msg687558#new

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #276 on: December 11, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »

Congrats!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »

Congratulations!

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Dav Yeager
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #278 on: December 11, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »

I saw your post on FB previous to reading this. Looks like you got some good suggestions over there.

Concerning the LED retention screw, US doesn’t have them in most sabers I’ve seen. The LED holds fine with the blade or blade plug inserted. As far as the brightness factor, I have yet to see an US that was not bright.

My thoughts are that it seems you expected something else. There I can only presume, and I don’t like to make presumptions. An educated guess would be that you bought a saber(s?) from another company and have gotten used to features you enjoy on their product. I saw the FB photos and thought the Aeon looked very cool. Based on your comments, it sounds like the fact that it was all silver disappointed you. And on that score, it’s your saber and therefore “yours” is the most important opinion here because you have to be able to enjoy it.

Suggestions: Try the leather wrap idea, as previously suggested. US are designed for customization in terms of their base line. And an Aeon V5 with claws is a bit of an upgrade for their basic line, but the same motto still applies. Some have colored accents, some are solid silver or black finish. I would say give it a good test drive before you do anything permanent and void the possibility of exchanging it.  Get a feel for the saber.  These are designed for combat, spinning (although the claws on the Aeon and Dominix make spinning more difficult). Look at the overall aethstetic. And in spite of not having an LED retention screw, these are designed to be very sturdy. I’ve seen guys into heavy dueling with competitors sabers who looked pretty enough but were left with deep gashed after a couple of drops. US, under the same heavy conditions have gotten relatively minor scratches by comparison.

Also check out the forum and videos as to how they’ve held up 5-7 years later, what people have used them for, how they customized them. There are places on the forum here which display all that. I think in the end, you’ll find you indeed have something a little different than what you might be used to, but that difference is not really a bad thing. Everyone has their opinions, just as saber manufacturers all make them slightly differently in terms of design and features. Some will tell you anything without sound is just a toy, others will tell you the components used to install sound mars the actual scale in order to fit electronics, and is therefore just a toy.

Find your own way, I say. That might be sticking with your favorite company, or sampling the fruits of various makers to give your collection a sampling of each and some variety.

I have been a return customer of US for various reasons I could give you. But I’m going to let you make up your own mind. The two best pieces of advice I ever recieved on collecting anything is: 1) Collect what YOU like, and 2) Never collect anything because you want to put it in a closet and hope it gains in monetary value. Enjoy it. Play with it. And if it makes you feel like a kid again, congrats—you win Smiley

I watched alot of reviews and I thought I was getting something of better quality I should of just went with a mystery box saber I feel I over payed

Odacae
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2018, 03:55:05 AM »

Placed my order for an Aeon LE v5 back on OCT 22. Received nothing in the way of an apology from US, or even an email with a revised delivery window. Does anyone know when they will be shipping? I really need this before Christmas. Should I just get my money back in that case?

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #280 on: December 11, 2018, 09:22:31 PM »

Placed my order for an Aeon LE v5 back on OCT 22. Received nothing in the way of an apology from US, or even an email with a revised delivery window. Does anyone know when they will be shipping? I really need this before Christmas. Should I just get my money back in that case?

If I were you then I would shoot an email over to support first. They have always replied to me within 48 hours. I know the blades just started shipping out. I just received mine.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2018, 10:30:51 PM »

I emailed today. All V5 presale sabers will be sent out no later then Dec. 19th. So you should have it by Christmas. If this doesn't work for you then email them. Without even asking they offered to change my order to a saber that could be sent out right away.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2018, 01:11:19 PM »

People are starting to receive theirs now.  I really like the Sentinel and Apprentice lines

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »

So...    Today is the 12th.   All of the pre- Black Friday orders are supposed to be shipped by today....

Still no shipping notice.  :-/

*taps fingers on desk*

Patience is starting to wear really thin....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »

So...    Today is the 12th.   All of the pre- Black Friday orders are supposed to be shipped by today....

Still no shipping notice.  :-/

*taps fingers on desk*

Patience is starting to wear really thin....

Hang in there, Karmack!!! Have you talked to Marlena or customer service yet? 

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: