Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1289152 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »

I agree with Kashi that it's probably because of myage, but most of the kids think I'm in my twenties anyway. I look older than I am. Idk. The thing is, I don't want to have to run to my coworkers every time I have a problem with one of The problem kids. I feel like it's something I should be able to deal with myself.

Be strict with them! If the parents don't like it... well, um, crap. I wish I could help  Undecided Maybe inform her parents that she isn't working hard enough? They might agree that certain actions should be taken.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2012, 12:53:45 AM »

Next time pull her aside, and make her do 40 push-ups in front of you. The embarrassment of being singled out, plus the added push-ups should ensure that it doesn't happen again. If it does, simply repeat as many times as necessary.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »

Do you know what irritates the living bantha fodder out of me?

Someone has a computer error, and once I finally talk them into leaving the error up long enough for me to read what it is, they totally ignore what I say the cause probably is. But hey, what does someone with the Masters in IT know?

Then two days later when the DBA gets there and works on it for 20 minutes before coming to the same conclusion I had two days earlier and the entire issue takes 2 minutes to fix.

Error codes, they are helpful, especially when they say "cannot find I:/blahblah/blahblahblah/blahfile.btw" perhaps its because the file its looking for is not there (or the filepath is typed in wrong in this case).

I feel better now.

ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 32

I am small annoying fly! Hear me roar!

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »

Yeah, that's just stupid people. They will be stupid, and we're here for you to vent to.

And what I figure with my situation... I'm leaving in January anyway, so I'll tell her what I think when I leave and I'll never see her again. HA. She already asked today if I was going to be on the elite team, cos she was like, I'M ON THE NORMAL TEAM. And I'm like, HA. You wish you were on the elite team, don't you. *eye roll*

Give light side or dark side points depending on the reason you're giving them. I'd like to see which side I end up on...
I like making up nicknames for people. Wink
Aeon V3 LE w/ Sound: SRD
Libby, no sound: GB
Reaper w/ Sound, FoC: PO w/ FO

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2012, 03:13:53 AM »

Do you know what irritates the living bantha fodder out of me?

Someone has a computer error, and once I finally talk them into leaving the error up long enough for me to read what it is, they totally ignore what I say the cause probably is. But hey, what does someone with the Masters in IT know?

Then two days later when the DBA gets there and works on it for 20 minutes before coming to the same conclusion I had two days earlier and the entire issue takes 2 minutes to fix.

Error codes, they are helpful, especially when they say "cannot find I:/blahblah/blahblahblah/blahfile.btw" perhaps its because the file its looking for is not there (or the filepath is typed in wrong in this case).

I feel better now.

Take that issue, apply it to anything else in life, and you have my main frustration with people.  I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty smart guy... more of my friends should just listen to me when I give them advice!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2012, 03:25:12 AM »

Take that issue, apply it to anything else in life, and you have my main frustration with people.  I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty smart guy... more of my friends should just listen to me when I give them advice!

I think that applies to many.  If 20 of my childhood friends had listened to me more, half would still be alive and the other half would not be in prison. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2012, 01:23:49 AM »

Here's my vent, I hate careless hunters. I am a hunter, but I never take a shot unless I know I have the kill. I've let two deer go this year already because I didn't want to risk a deflection by shooting through the brush. I was raised that you never shoot at something that you don't intend to, and can't kill.

So, I really hate it when people are careless and don't hold to that same standard. Tonight I watched a young doe that had an arrow sticking out of her hind leg. The leg was rendered completely useless and she had a vary hard time getting around. Whenever she tried to turn toward that side, the leg collapsed under her, and she fell down. She was obviously in pain. Legally, I couldn’t put her out of her misery because I don't hold a doe license.

I HATE being in a situation like that! Either I break the law, or I leave an animal in pain and hope for the best. If people are going to be so careless that they miss a shot and only wound an animal, they should track it down and finish it off! Although there shouldn't be a time where your target is only wounded; I have never merely wounded what I've shot at.

I just feel sick watching something like that. People should be more careful and kill what they shoot at!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2012, 02:11:34 AM »

I can get behind you on that Ben.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2012, 03:00:26 AM »

Here's my vent: I HATE ARMOR ABILITIES IN HALO: REACH. Seriously, I get consistently good K/D ratios, but the armor abilities screw my game up a lot. When people use jetpack near you, it takes forever to find them since Halo is played with a controller and not a mouse. They also have the advantage of getting extremely easy headshots. Then there are the armor-lock spammers who are impossible to kill because they always activate the invincibility armor every time something happens. It's especially awful when they are running in teams and you can't run away so you try and get at least one kill, only to have them lock up at the last second. Ugh. Then there is sprint, which makes it super easy for sword and shotgun users to run up and kill you.

*sighs*

And somehow I never go negative.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:12:50 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2012, 03:53:05 AM »

Here's my vent, I hate careless hunters. I am a hunter, but I never take a shot unless I know I have the kill. I've let two deer go this year already because I didn't want to risk a deflection by shooting through the brush. I was raised that you never shoot at something that you don't intend to, and can't kill.

So, I really hate it when people are careless and don't hold to that same standard. Tonight I watched a young doe that had an arrow sticking out of her hind leg. The leg was rendered completely useless and she had a vary hard time getting around. Whenever she tried to turn toward that side, the leg collapsed under her, and she fell down. She was obviously in pain. Legally, I couldn’t put her out of her misery because I don't hold a doe license.

I HATE being in a situation like that! Either I break the law, or I leave an animal in pain and hope for the best. If people are going to be so careless that they miss a shot and only wound an animal, they should track it down and finish it off! Although there shouldn't be a time where your target is only wounded; I have never merely wounded what I've shot at.

I just feel sick watching something like that. People should be more careful and kill what they shoot at!

There seems to be a lot of those around here. I felt bad enough a couple of weeks ago, when I hit a deer with my car, and only wounded it.

I also hate people who hunt where they're not supposed to be hunting (we have a lot of those around here too). The law says you have to be at least a mile from any residential or commercial property for a reason.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »

*sigh* Teenagers. What can you do? Going back on Xbox Live these past couple of days, I've been reminded of just how frustrating teenagers can be. Going into party chat, I could hear my ex friends arguing about the most trivial things, swearing left and right, etc. It seems that the majority of teenagers all have: 1) A superiority complex 2) The brain the size of a pea 3) The vocabulary of a sailor.

Sad to say that I too got mixed up in all the fighting and whining, which is why I left Xbox Live for several months. I was so angry back than. I told them all, "I'm going to college. I'm going to be doing something with my life. What are you guys going to be doing? Sitting on your butts all day, every day, eating cheetos, playing video games 24/7, and whining about who cheated on who? Because you're all doing a great job of that now." Something like that.

I'm glad I returned though. Out of the wreckage I still have two amazing friends at least. I also refuse to get into arguments because teenagers just aren't worth the trouble. I go on XBL to have fun, not to lose my sanity. Also, I know I'm generalizing. I know that not all teenagers are like that, but even the mature ones can turn immature in an instant. I've seen it happen  Undecided

Also, if anyone has a gamertag and wants to play, that would be nice.

...I'm probably going to regret posting this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:43:16 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2012, 08:30:01 PM »

Lol. I agree, teenagers swear like sailors. I'm a perfect example of this. =P I'm hopefully going to be getting an Xbox in a few months, so if you haven't gotten sick of me by then, we can do some Reach matches. =)

Ben: I've only killed two mammals in my life, a squirrel and a chipmunk. The squirrel was killed with a close range shot from an air rifle and I hit it in the body rather than the head and I had to sit and watch it struggle and die. One of the worst moments I've experienced. Anyone who could do that to such a beautiful animal as a deer needs help. The warning from my dad to only take the shot if it was good is one that I'll take with me for the rest of my life. "Hunters" who don't do that need to have their licenses/permits taken away.

Give light side or dark side points depending on the reason you're giving them. I'd like to see which side I end up on...

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »

Please use private messaging when swapping gaming tags. Grin I'll need to get my xbox live back up and running. Grin

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2012, 08:42:46 PM »

Lol. I agree, teenagers swear like sailors. I'm a perfect example of this. =P I'm hopefully going to be getting an Xbox in a few months, so if you haven't gotten sick of me by then, we can do some Reach matches. =)

That would be awesome. Unless you get Halo 4 and abandon me, haha.

ChaosMidge
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2012, 12:44:45 AM »

Oh, I'll be getting Halo 4, but I won't abandon you. =P

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: